Favorite Craft Beers - Fall 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Craft Beers - Fall 2018

I think we should create a new thread once per season, seeing as how craft beers come and go and change in quality so frequently. To get us started ...

Zipline Copper Alt is excellent. Don't know about the East side but they carry it at Auburn Hills Liquor on the west side. A fantastic beer. Here is a link that tells a bit about it:

2023 WORLD BEER CUP® · GOLD AWARD · GERMAN-STYLE ALTBIER 2022 U.S. OPEN BEER CHAMPIONSHIP · GOLD MEDAL · ALTBIER 2015 GREAT AMERICAN BEER FESTIVAL® · GOLD MEDAL · GERMAN-STYLE ALTBIER A hybrid style between an ale and a lager, this bronze-hued brew goes down easy with subtle nuances of chocolate and hazelnut.

Looks like the brewery is in Omaha -- maybe MoValley John knows a little about it?
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

There is a brewery here in McPherson, “Three Rings Brewery.” They make a good red and a blonde! Several others are good as well, but I dont like my beer too hoppy, so I trend away from the IPAs and Stouts.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• ShockTalk
      ShockTalk commented
      Editing a comment
      So you don't like them too hoppy or too malty.

My wife and I tried Radius Brewing in Emporia a few weeks ago after attending her ESU homecoming activities and the first half of the football game. We did our usual flights to try out as much as possible. The two presumably always available items, William Allen Wheat (an American wheat beer obviously) and Sunsup (a Belgian style light ale) we both nice on the less bitter end of the spectrum. They had some other ones (some IPAs and stouts) I don't remember the names of, but only one that we didn't like. They did have a milk stout that was quite delicious.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

OK. I had to decide where to place this article since the topic covers two of the three topics listed in the forum's title....Politics and Beer (particularly craft beer).

I thought that those here who enjoy the craft beer scene, maybe visit craft breweries/pubs when traveling, or attend craft beer functions could relate to the subject matter and those affected.

Not necessarily looking for a discussion on the article, but felt it raises a lot of questions of what's right or wrong, discrimination or not, meaningful or petty, legalities vs common sense.

Since my youthful days of drinking dark lagers at pizza joints, buying import beers to try, and detesting the light beer movement of the 70's, I rejoiced the beginning of the craft beer era. In the future, I will try to place more posts that are more the intent of this thread.

Cheers!

Comment

Best beers for fall:

Techticles - Brut IPA, Bayou Teche Brewing

Coconut Lemmings — Chafunkta Brewing

Green Spaces #5 — Gnarly Barley Brewing

Twisted Yumkin — Wichita Brewing Company

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
          OK. I had to decide where to place this article since the topic covers two of the three topics listed in the forum's title....Politics and Beer (particularly craft beer).

I thought that those here who enjoy the craft beer scene, maybe visit craft breweries/pubs when traveling, or attend craft beer functions could relate to the subject matter and those affected.

Not necessarily looking for a discussion on the article, but felt it raises a lot of questions of what's right or wrong, discrimination or not, meaningful or petty, legalities vs common sense.

Since my youthful days of drinking dark lagers at pizza joints, buying import beers to try, and detesting the light beer movement of the 70's, I rejoiced the beginning of the craft beer era. In the future, I will try to place more posts that are more the intent of this thread.

Cheers!
          I had already seen this posted through a different news story. I think having a girls club is a great idea and that dudes shouldn’t try and ruin it. Goes both ways. We need to figure this out as a society so we can all enjoy craft beer...and guns.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• ShockTalk
            ShockTalk commented
            Editing a comment
            To be clear, this guy is not just a "dude". He has done this numerous times, mostly unsuccessful due to his own errors in judgment, and uses the National Coalition for Men ( NCFM) to help is "cause".

Wichita has/have had their own version of a female's tasting club. There are also a number of very fine women homebrewers here.

My favorite beers in Wichita are Harvester Wheat (River City Brewery), Oasis (BJ's Brewhouse), and Admiral (Granite City).

Girlfriend (Central Standard), Luv Bug (Nortons), and Earl (Hopping Gnome) are my standbys when I visit the little guys.

I drink Shock Top Belgian White at home.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
            My favorite beers in Wichita are Harvester Wheat (River City Brewery), Oasis (BJ's Brewhouse), and Admiral (Granite City).

Girlfriend (Central Standard), Luv Bug (Nortons), and Earl (Hopping Gnome) are my standbys when I visit the little guys.

I drink Shock Top Belgian White at home.

T

You apparently mostly like wheat beers......not that there's anything wrong with that. :very_drunk:

When was the last time you had the Admiral? :rolleyes:

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
              C0|dB|00ded commented
              Editing a comment
              Probably a year and a half ago. I think the air conditioner was stuck on full at the time and they didn't have the money to fix it. There's still a Granite City west isn't there?

For those that don't know, the Admiral is a hybrid concoction where they mix the IPA and the wheat half and half. Apparently there was also a dash of love added as that drink was absolutely sublime.

T

• ShockTalk
              ShockTalk commented
              Editing a comment
              While I thought some of their beers were OK to good (I thought some of their seasonals were best), my wife liked their Two Pull best. A combo by their brewers of their Northern Light and Mai Bock beers. Odd given IPAs are her favorites.

• Kung Wu
              Kung Wu commented
              Editing a comment
              The Two Pull was great! No, there is no Granite City west anymore.

Craft beer...

th-10.jpg
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
            X