No announcement yet.

Blue Wave Boogaloo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m just grateful for a shocker basketball game for tonight so I wouldn’t be forced to watch the trouncing of Republicans and the gloating by the left.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      Wtf!

T

...:cool:

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    I'm not opposed to gridlock. If GOP holds the Senate and can still confirm potential judges....

Well, the Dems can do stupid things from the House that probably will hurt them in 2020 and the GOP, with Trump on the ticket can retake it.
    That's a mature, and likely, perspective worth endorsing. 2020 y'all!

Comment

Fox has a new analytics that I think might be a partnership with NPR that is going to try and compete with the exit polling under the assumption that exit polling is outdated and while not providing bad information, it's providing information that under older methodology doesn't spit out projections that mirror actual results.

If they have better predictions tonight than the other major election coverages, that would be an interesting development.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
        C0|dB|00ded commented
        Editing a comment
        Fox's "surprise" early announcement really pissed me off! The Dems were only up 2 House seats with some calling in to report they were getting nervous about an apparent surprised strength in the Republican turnout. Then all of a sudden BOOM, they call it. Of course no one stopped to think that the polls were still open in Arizona and everyplace else in the Mountain and Pacific time zones. If a Fake News channel would have pulled this stunt there would have been lawsuits. I don't know if it made a difference in the final outcome but I guarantee you many hungry and tired people left the long voting lines after work when their significant other contacted them saying the House race had been "called."

Stupid!

I watched NBC the rest of the night.

T

No blue wave. Not a perfect night but solid and Trump has a lot to be proud of. Now let's get back to appointing those judges!

#MAGA

T

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
        No blue wave. Not a perfect night but solid and Trump has a lot to be proud of. Now let's get back to appointing those judges!

#MAGA

T

Yep. That's why us dummies voted Trump for el Presidente...

Resist.jpg

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          Is that Febreze he's sprayin' lol?

T

Identity politics had a fantastic run last night, in the final tally.

I really think history in the long run will look back on identity politics with sort of a collective “LMAO” with regards to the overall development of human civilization. If Hitler’s regime is the black half of the ying-yang concept, then the current groundswell of identity politics fits perfectly on the white side. Two sides of the same coin, intellectually (but not in force, obviously).

Holding a candidate’s race and sexuality as a part of a voting decision - aside from being by-definition racist and bigoted - is like choosing your home mortgage provider by picking out the logo you like best. You know, like something you would expect a three-year-old to do.

Give me a black female who dresses up as a stuffed animal during sex and takes three meals a day down at the YMCA strip club. If she supports federalism and holds that big government is a problem more often than a solution, she gets my vote. No sh*ts given on her appearances or what she chooses to do behind closed doors.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah... Identity politics works only for one side. There were many female and minority candidates running on our side that were completely ignored by the MSM. I believe Identity politics is merely a ruse constructed by the Liberal elites to give the low-information voters something tangible to "identify" with. They don't care about women, or gays, or minorities. They care only about power.

T

Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; November 13, 2018, 03:42 PM.

It wasn't much of a blue wave. If anything, it was more of a Pink Wave.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          I think Kobach is a dead man walking today as well. I'm going with 52 in the Senate. 42 + NE, WY, MSX2, UT, ND, TN, MO plus 2 of AZ, NV, TX, FL. Thinking MT, WV and IN are out of reach (what terrible GOP opposition), MN2, MI and NJ will be a little closer than expected. 225-210 in the House (total guess) and Pelosi back in charge.

That's THE biggest joke and disgust of this election cycle, if it happens.

I don't want people to start thinking I'm any good at predictions but....pretty close here.

Comment

• WuShock16
            WuShock16 commented
            Editing a comment
            Big deal. Do something like predict a Final Four appearance if you really want to impress me.

In case anybody wondered, we still have a midterm election going on. Just yesterday a Republican lost her senate bid in Arizona a week after the polls closed showing her leading.

In the middle of the storm and facing calls to resign, Brenda Snipes said she may retire when the Senate and governor recounts are done.

Unqualified **** show.

Whatdya think they are looking at on the ballot? Perhaps a couple nice undervote spots that need filling in after successfully reading the mind of the voter.

Florida has a lot more in common with Cuba besides having a lot of Cubans living in it.

T

Comment

A boycott against film and television production in Georgia is growing following the November 16 announcement that Democrat Stacey Abrams officially conceded to Republican Brian Kemp in the state’s gubernatorial election.

Actors such as Ron Perlman, Alyssa Milano, and Bradley Whitford answered Rich’s call. “Happy to lead the exodus,” the former “Hellboy” star wrote. “To all my friends who are studio and network executives, if you choose to shoot movies and TV in Georgia, don’t bother to call me.”

“There are over 20 productions shooting in Georgia,” Milano said. “Is the entertainment industry willing to support the economy of a totally corrupt state that suppresses democracy; where the winner isn’t the best choice for the people but the best schemer or crook?”
            These are supposedly grown-ass people acting this way. You'll remember that Milano was at the Kavanaugh hearing.

These guys just need to relax and maybe play a fun board game with their kids.

T

Comment

Asshats.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                https://www.indiewire.com/2018/11/ro...mp-1202021988/

These are supposedly grown-ass people acting this way. You'll remember that Milano was at the Kavanaugh hearing.

These guys just need to relax and maybe play a fun board game with their kids.

T

Why is it that they think Stacey Abrams won?
                Livin the dream

Comment

• WstateU
                  WstateU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank God we won’t be using rifled muskets and bayonets. :)

• C0|dB|00ded
                  C0|dB|00ded commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Look up .338 Lapua Magnum before you roll up on my crib Libbies...

T

• ShockTalk
                  ShockTalk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  A little bigger?!?!?!? Really????

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Why is it that they think Stacey Abrams won?
                They don't, but I also don't think Cold is right, at least not the way I'm interpreting their points. It's not that they're boycotting because they think Stacey Abrams won, and they're not boycotting simply because they think Stacey Abrams was a better choice.

They're boycotting because of perceived corruption in the election. They believe there was widespread corruption in Georgia during the election.

I tend to agree with the general proposition that we probably shouldn't have secretaries of state both controlling election measures and voter rolls while also running for governor. That seems like a pretty minor and reasonable step to take (i.e., resign your secretary of state position if you want to run for governor). Whether there was or was not corruption, I think that would go a long way to helping increase legitimacy in our state elections.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post

They don't, but I also don't think Cold is right, at least not the way I'm interpreting their points. It's not that they're boycotting because they think Stacey Abrams won, and they're not boycotting simply because they think Stacey Abrams was a better choice.

They're boycotting because of perceived corruption in the election. They believe there was widespread corruption in Georgia during the election.

I tend to agree with the general proposition that we probably shouldn't have secretaries of state both controlling election measures and voter rolls while also running for governor. That seems like a pretty minor and reasonable step to take (i.e., resign your secretary of state position if you want to run for governor). Whether there was or was not corruption, I think that would go a long way to helping increase legitimacy in our state elections.
                  Fair enough. I did hear a conservative take on the secretaries action. 1500 voters were purged as is ascribed by the legislation in Georgia and that the closing of 214 polling outlets was completely done on a local level.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

"I'm so mad my candidate didn't win that we should wreck the economy of the people that DID vote for her!"
                    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Working...
                    X