Supreme Court Potential Morphing due to Trump Nominations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supreme Court Potential Morphing due to Trump Nominations

Given the Senate spectacle we have witnessed these past few weeks regards Justice Kavanaugh's nomination to the Supreme Court, I dread what could unfold if President Trump is charged with nominating replacement jurists for Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Stephen Breyer and Sonia Sotomayor. IMO Trump could appoint replacements for a least 1 (RGB), likely 2 (RBG and Breyer) and possibly all three.

Relevant facts:

1. RBG is 85 years old and exhibiting significant deteriorating health.

2. Breyer is 80 years old and rapidly nearing the average age (83) at which most previous Justices have retired.

3. Sotomayor is 64 years of age and suffers from Type 1 diabetes which she manages via daily injections. The average life expectancy for women suffering this disease is lessened on average by 13 years and they are at greater risk of Heart Attacks, Strokes and Kidney failure.

IMO Trump is likely to nominate RGB's replacement in his first term. If Trump is re-elected in 2020 then he will definitely IMO nominate RGB's replacement and will likely nominate Breyer's replacement and possibly Sotomayor's. Should this scenario unfold IMO the United States could experience violence and rioting.

Shouldn't we expect violence and rioting if Kavanaugh gets elected? That seems to the leftist modus operandi these days.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

I am expecting some rioting and violence with Kavanaugh's election to the SC. But when the progressives realize that with Trump replacing RBG on the SC with Amy Coney Barrett and coupled with the clear potential to morph the court to 8 constitutionalist justices and Kagan IMO the United States could see riots and violence the country has not seen since the 1960's.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
        ShockingButTrue commented
        Editing a comment
        How about the 1860's?

I might be glad I kept my AK-47...

Dude-Makes-A-Giant-AK47-From-Scratch.jpg
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

We've got one thread on here taking about needing to find middle ground in this country, and we've got people in here unironically predicting that the left is going to resort to violence. Apparently, fully unaware of incidents were conservatives have also instigated violence.

Maybe we could just lighten up with demonizing the other side.

Comment

• pinstripers
          pinstripers commented
          Editing a comment
          You don't believe that there will be riots?

• jdshock
          jdshock commented
          Editing a comment
          pinstripers - we have people on this board saying liberals are evil for hoping Kavanaugh dies from a bad liver. And we've got a thread here speculating that three dem-appointed justices are going to die in the next two years.

Maybe there will be riots? Who knows. I wouldn't have thought there'd be violence over a city pulling down some statues of slave owners. But I was wrong about that. It's probably not worth wringing our hands over how violent the other side is because I'm sure there are good folks "on all sides."

• Shoxfan11
          Shoxfan11 commented
          Editing a comment
          I know you're trying jdshock and I appreciate your efforts here but it just isn't going to happen. There's some people here who will debate you intelligently, but there's also some people who have no interest in ever even thinking of changing their view on things. There's some guy here who recently wrote "I'm beginning to hate Democrats" after he's posted hateful things about liberals for months

The thing is, if all you do is watch Tucker Carlson, or Rachel Maddow, or read /r/the_donald, or /r/politics, you're gonna grow to hate the other side because everything you read is geared to not challenge your beliefs. Social media has made this a lot worse, people extremely on the right will only follow the conservative hacks and people extremely on the left will only follow the liberal hacks. It's up to people to actually have a desire to understand the other side before they know that the other side isn't entirely comprised of evil people.

Anyone who hopes he dies, is evil. Wouldn't you agree?

Comment

I think this is a relevant question for anyone that views this as an “us against them” situation.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• pinstripers
            pinstripers commented
            Editing a comment
            Wishing someone to die..................is difficult for you?

jdshock wrote "we have people on this board saying liberals are evil for hoping Kavanaugh dies from a bad liver. And we've got a thread here speculating that three dem-appointed justices are going to die in the next two years."

Yeah, because hoping someone dying at a relatively young age of a disease that's born out of hope and hate is the same as speculation that two 83 year olds on the bench might be pressing the envelope on longevity. SMH

Maybe there will be riots? Who knows. I wouldn't have thought there'd be violence over a city pulling down some statues of slave owners. But I was wrong about that. It's probably not worth wringing our hands over how violent the other side is because I'm sure there are good folks "on all sides."

Believe it or not, even a crazy gun toting inbred conservative like me 100% believes what unites us is far greater than what divides us.

Comment

• jdshock
            jdshock commented
            Editing a comment
            No liberal on this board has said they hope Kavanaugh dies. This is my point. We have people painting with a broad brush saying "liberals are hoping for x." But on here we actually have people that seem optimistic that Trump could replace a nearly unprecedented number of justices.

I also agree that what unites us is greater than what divides us. But preparing ourselves for violence because the "leftist modus operandi" is to use violence precludes the possibility of genuine discussion. Moreover, preparing for violence in the event that THREE democratic-appointed justices die in the next few years is completely unnecessary. It's a discussion looking for validation. A discussion to talk about how the liberals are so outside their mind and so prone to violence. This conversation makes the chasm wider.

We need to be united over the freedom of the individual. Political differences should (and probably are) over how we get there.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Very recent history suggests that the left will resort to violence when things don't go their way. Yes, there are plenty of good people who are Democrats. The fact is their is a growing segment of their voting block who thinks violence and intimidation is the way to change societies direction. See antifa for the best examples.

Comment

• wufan
              wufan commented
              Editing a comment
              Lots of tweets calling for violent protests...Michael Moore is one.

jdshock please re-read my posts; no prediction was made "...speculating that three dem-appointed justices are going to die in the next two years." What I offered were relevant facts that lead me to speculate RBG, SB and SS are likely to be the next three justices to be replaced on the SC due to their individual age and health issues:

1. RBG is clearly in declining health and has been observed to struggle staying awake during public events. Many thought she would have retired and been replaced by Obama but she declined to follow that path.

2. Breyer's age provides reasonable foundation to anticipate his retirement from the SC within the next few years.

3. SS's battle with Type 1 diabetes provides reasonable foundation to anticipate her retirement from the SC should she experience an adverse cardiovascular event that would prevent her from functioning as a competent justice.

I apologize if you thought I was "demonizing Progressives"; I should have posted that in my long life I have discovered that past behavior is predictive of future behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
              We need to be united over the freedom of the individual.
              But that's what is at stake, and what all the arguing is over.

Comment

• wufan
                wufan commented
                Editing a comment
                They’re saying people can’t be free if they don’t have the opportunity to exercise their rights.

• Kung Wu
                Kung Wu commented
                Editing a comment
                But that's not what they are saying.

• wufan
                wufan commented
                Editing a comment
                I think they are.

Originally posted by wufan View Post
              I think this is a relevant question for anyone that views this as an “us against them” situation.
              Like the Senator from Hawaii?

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                We've got one thread on here taking about needing to find middle ground in this country, and we've got people in here unironically predicting that the left is going to resort to violence. Apparently, fully unaware of incidents were conservatives have also instigated violence.

Maybe we could just lighten up with demonizing the other side.
                The biggest threat is the resistance party, who chooses not to abide with the results of a democratic election. Their actions are having a direct effect on daily life in this country. No?

It seems closer to a 3rd world type of mob rule. One can't just look away. It'll get worse before it gets better I'm afraid.
                Last edited by ShockingButTrue; October 5, 2018, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Shouldn't we expect violence and rioting if Kavanaugh gets elected? That seems to the leftist modus operandi these days.
                  Why is this getting zero media attention?

The #1 Independent news service in the world, battling globalism and promoting a pro-human future worldwide. Infowars is Tomorrow's News Today.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                    WuDrWu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What the hell are they even doing there? Frankly, if you can even find a white supremacist anywhere in this country, I'll pay to fly them to Portland and give them enough money to buy a car and we end this nonsense really fast.

(I kid because I care).

• shockfan89_
                    shockfan89_ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Am I the only one that would have kept driving slowly the direction I WANTED TO GO with gun in hand ready to defend myself if needed? There are reasons this stupid $hit doesn't happen around here. This is also a good argument against gun laws.

• C0|dB|00ded
                    C0|dB|00ded commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Castle Law baby! Step towards my car and threaten me and I'll blow you right out of your shoes.

These Insane, Deranged, Libtards are evidence why corporal punishment in the home works. These brats are suffering from a severe spanking deficit.

https://i.imgur.com/S45do.gif?noredirect

T

...:cool:
                Working...
                X