No announcement yet.

dallas cop intruder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m not an attorney (as if I needed a disclaimer), but that article makes it seem like negligent homicide.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• abdullah_sharif
      abdullah_sharif commented
      Editing a comment
      its seeming more like that.. but if i were in her shoes, i probably would have been repeating the same thing over and over regardless of whether its true or not. gotta cover that ass.

guilty.

Comment

Yep. You walk into someone else's house and shoot them.... you are guilty.

Maybe when resident screams whoa whoa whoa hold on, you don't shoot them and slow it down a bit and take a second to ascertain the situation. Especially from a trained law enforcement individual.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
        Yep. You walk into someone else's house and shoot them.... you are guilty.

Maybe when resident screams whoa whoa whoa hold on, you don't shoot them and slow it down a bit and take a second to ascertain the situation. Especially from a trained law enforcement individual.
        No doubt about it.

Comment

Has a motive ever been mentioned for this 1st degree murder?

This will matter during sentencing. I’ve never heard one yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Involuntary stupidity?

Comment

I assume alcohol was involved

Comment

First degree? Doesn’t that imply pre-meditation? I would think this would be a case of 2nd degree or manslaughter.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  I assume alcohol was involved
                  Guyger, who was on the Dallas police force for more than four years, was fired from her job after the shooting. Toxicology results presented at trial showed she was not intoxicated during the shooting.

Guyger was off-duty but in uniform when she shot Jean last year in a case that has become a flashpoint in Dallas over issues of police use of force and racial bias.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

First degree? Doesn’t that imply pre-meditation? I would think this would be a case of 2nd degree or manslaughter.
                    My guess is that the murder charge will be reduced to manslaughter unless a motive is brought up. I don’t think I’ve missed that part of the case.

Comment

My guess is that the murder charge will be reduced to manslaughter unless a motive is brought up. I don’t think I’ve missed that part of the case.
                      The article I read said they chose murder over manslaughter and the jury decides the sentence. IDK all the facts, but this seems like a big mistake with big consequences. Certainly the victim suffered more, but this seems harsh on the surface.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

The article I read said they chose murder over manslaughter and the jury decides the sentence. IDK all the facts, but this seems like a big mistake with big consequences. Certainly the victim suffered more, but this seems harsh on the surface.

you'll get a glimpse into her mind when you see her social media posts.... i've seen a few and they aren't pretty. bad cop that's getting everything that she deserves. maybe she'll run into some old friends in the big house.

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post

you'll get a glimpse into her mind when you see her social media posts.... i've seen a few and they aren't pretty. bad cop that's getting everything that she deserves. maybe she'll run into some old friends in the big house.
                          Care to share them? The ones I’ve seen that “made headlines” are memes about being tough.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                          This gallery has 3 photos.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Here’s a link. https://www.dallasobserver.com/

i dont agree greed with all of them, nor do I think they show her to be evil. She might be, but I hope you are never on a jury that decides who is or isn’t.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

I’m not a lawyer but I think that the judge can set aside an unfair sentence and w/o a motive and evidence to prove her guilt. Her lawyers will say there was no proof of her planning the murder and all of the evidence points to her confusion of being in her apartment.

Comment

Working...
                              X