Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John McCain passes away

Thank you for your service.

I like John McCain. It’s amazing that 10 years ago, McCain was called a racist by Congressman John Lewis and John never fought back against that narrative. Now the media and others who called him “racist” are lauding him a hero who fought for everyone. They are quite hypocritical.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
      I like John McCain. It’s amazing that 10 years ago, McCain was called a racist by Congressman John Lewis and John never fought back against that narrative. Now the media and others who called him “racist” are lauding him a hero who fought for everyone. They are quite hypocritical.
      Watched Tucker Carlson last night?

There's a pretty big difference between saying McCain would've been a bad president for X, Y, and Z reasons than saying he probably shouldn't be attacked by the president as not a war hero, since Trump "likes people who weren't captured." I definitely think there are liberals who are going too far in their praise of McCain, but the dude doesn't deserve to be ridiculed like that. There were many things I thought McCain was wrong on. I also believe McCain was a true patriot, and he always believed his actions were in the best interest of the country. I said the same thing in 2008, and I don't mind saying it today.

But it's silly to think hypocrites only exist on the left with regard to McCain. Let's assume the same liberals who said he was terrible in 2008 are saying he's a hero today. And let's assume that's hypocritical. There are certainly republicans that talked about him as a hero in 2008 who aren't celebrating him the same way today.

Comment

McCain's mother is alive and is 106.

Comment

McCain the soldier and person, seems like everything you could ask for.

McCain the politician did what he thought was right, Im sure. But he seems like someone who eventually got tainted with the grease of Washington.

I liked his politics better in the 90s.

His Obamacare vote.... That wasn't the 90s McCain.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

1. I guess I don't get the John McCain thing. I mean, we didn't make this bigga deal of Teddy Kennedy's funeral. Hell, maybe not John Kennedy's funeral. I guess it's just this overwhelming cause he hated Trump? Is that it?

Comment

Yeah, this one is too weird where Trump put him down and dems held him up after he was a rep POTUS candidate that the dems hated.

Sad to see a good person pass.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                1. I guess I don't get the John McCain thing. I mean, we didn't make this bigga deal of Teddy Kennedy's funeral. Hell, maybe not John Kennedy's funeral. I guess it's just this overwhelming cause he hated Trump? Is that it?
                Doesn't seem out of the ordinary to me. He, and numerous other Republicans were/are NeverTrumpers. I get a kick out of it when I hear "experts" proclaim disbelief that Mueller could be partisan, and Rosenstein, et. al, because they're Republicans. Those experts must think the public is blind, stupid, or both... Oh, wait...

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                  Let's assume the same liberals who said he was terrible in 2008 are saying he's a hero today. And let's assume that's hypocritical. There are certainly republicans that talked about him as a hero in 2008 who aren't celebrating him the same way today.
                  i can’t believe that you or anyone else will defend anyone being called a “RACIST” and that it is just the same as saying he was “terrible”. That term is used mostly because someone just disagrees. He obviously was never a racist. Maybe he made mistakes and maybe he didn’t. Some politicians and journalists just throw around that term to describe others like it is common place in politics.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
                    ShockingButTrue commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Shockernetters too. Although in fairness some do restrain themselves and take the -ahem- "high road."

He should have left politics years ago before he lost his soul to the darkness that swarms DC.
                  The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

McCain lived a good long life and gained a lot of notoriety for himself while in Washington. It's just too bad he didn't die before the ObummerCare repeal vote. His Republican legacy would have been vastly different.

T

...:cool:

Comment

It's just odd the "fanfare" and coverage on his passing. President Reagan didn't get this kind of coverage. Just odd. Rest in Peace Senator.

Comment

RIP Senator McCain. His replacement, Jon Kyl is not rocking the Kavanaugh boat. Glad we have a good Republican from Arizona now. Governor's matter! :victorious:

T

Comment

McCain had some skeletons in his closet: https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/19/b...ciate-dossier/
                          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                            C0|dB|00ded commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Treason.

T

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          McCain had some skeletons in his closet: https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/19/b...ciate-dossier/
                          After what Trump said about McCain earlier, it is to be expected that he isn't a Trump supporter. That was one of the dumbest things a politician ever said and didn't help him with anyone and most considered it a ludicrous statement. McCain later voted against the Obama Care replacement bill too. It may or may not been because of this statement but I wouldn't doubt it.

Comment

Working...
                          X