Justice Kennedy Retiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

My prediction is he will be forced to withdrawal before the FBI finish taking their 302's.
    checkmate.jpg

Nah. Their only corroborating evidence is a wink and a nod, unless K lied about being a virgin and some jilted ex-lover steps up.

As far as drinking goes, I don't believe that's what he's being investigated for.

Comment

• some interesting things coming out.

1. Senate is referring some people who made a false accusation to the Senate but later recanted when the media got hold of their statements to the FBI for making false statements.

2. A Feinstein staffer was evidently gloating that they had paid for Ford's lawyer and polygraph (I guess it wasn't being done for free as the Democrats said).

3. Senator Paul is calling for the FBI to investigate and prosecute whoever doxxed the Republican members of the Senate (IP has already traced back to Maxine Waters office).

4. Grassley roast Bernie after receiving a letter requesting additional FBI checks so he can make up his mind.

Your public statements clearly reveal how unimportant it is to you review any facts related to this nomination. So you can imagine my surprise at receiving your letter regarding the supplemental FBI background investigation......Am I to take from your letter that you are now undecided

Comment

• Kung Wu
        Kung Wu commented
        Editing a comment
        They absolutely need to raid the law office of Stormy Daniel's attorney, Michael Avenatti, that brought one of the false accusations to light. There is ample reason to believe he was in collusion with the Democrat party. Oh, and any secondary information that comes to light from that investigation should obviously be pursued.

• wufan
        wufan commented
        Editing a comment
        The “FBI investigation” is to be narrow in scope, only focusing on the current allegations.

• Kung Wu
        Kung Wu commented
        Editing a comment
        Of course. Unless they find incriminating evidence of other crimes, which would open another investigation.

• Something doesn’t seem right about Ford. Her mentor at USC was Dr Michael Newcomb....look at and read excerpts from the book he coauthored the exact same time Ford was working on her doctorate: Sexual Abuse and Consensual Sex: Women’s Behavioral Patterns and Outcomes. He died in 2010 but I wonder about that book and how it and Newcomb may have influenced her behavior. The relationship and book may be totally lrrellevant but something about her just seems different.

Comment

• One of the big discussions I watched last night was in regards to the sealed records from the therapy sessions. People are thinking that Ford had some hypnosis, which if true, would basically invalidate everything she has said according to criminal trial precedent. Hypnosis is known for creating false memories (See: alien abduction claims).

She could have gone to a therapist complaining about frigidity and instructed them to conduct radical psychological testing in order to find out what's "wrong" with her. A simple case of low self-esteem and anxiety turns into a repressed history of sexual assault.

Wouldn't it be insane if Kavanaugh remembers having a consensual makeout session with Ford including some light petting but is afraid to admit it because nobody would believe him?

That's the whole point of the Republican argument. Without any evidence how are you going to destroy a man (or woman) based on a 35 year old memory? The fact that she brings it up at the 11th hour in such a blatantly partisan manner makes it look even less credible.

If she had one of her parents come forward and testify that they remember the incident and tried to convince Ford to press charges at the time, Kavanaugh would be toast. But there's nothing from the parents. Nothing from anyone basically. Just a bunch of #Imwithher bullshit.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• If Dr. Ford is telling the truth, I hope she finds peace and justice. If she is lying, I hope she dies in a bloody pool of her own vomit.

Comment

• Former FBI Director James Comey criticized the time frame of the bureau's ongoing review into Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh's background Sunday, writing in a New York Times op-ed that "it is idiotic to put a shot clock on the FBI."

"If truth were the only goal, there would be no clock, and the investigation wouldn’t have been sought after the Senate Judiciary Committee already endorsed the nominee," Comey wrote.

"Yes, the alleged incident occurred 36 years ago. But F.B.I. agents know time has very little to do with memory," Comey wrote. "... They also know that little lies point to bigger lies. They know that obvious lies by the nominee about the meaning of words in a yearbook are a flashing signal to dig deeper."

Who the fk is this publicity seeking clown? Didn't he get fired via Twitter not too long ago? Looks like his connections at the NY Times are still intact. Crawl back under your rock you Jolly Green Giant leaking mother****r.

T

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
              C0|dB|00ded commented
              Editing a comment
              P.S. Kavanaugh did misrepresent the meaning of "Boof" to the senate. Boof has always meant to butt**** never to break wind.

T

• WuDrWu
              WuDrWu commented
              Editing a comment
              Boof was the name of Michael Keaton's Teenwolf girlfriend. So I don't think it's always been butt****. This is why you can't litigate 35 years later.

I watched Match Game for 5 minutes this morning. Everyone was laughing about a question that asked what color tie a Klan member would wear to a formal. Most said black. Fanny Flag said "I don't think any of those people will have anything to do with something black, so I said Bloody". Everyone enjoyed the humor. Even gay CNR would have been roasted for associating with this group if that's said today.

But applying today to 40 years ago just doesn't work. Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future. Stop trying to rewrite history.

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
            P.S. Kavanaugh did misrepresent the meaning of "Boof" to the senate.
            I think it's easy to think he lied about a lot of things that may seem minor in light of the allegations that exist. He almost certainly lied about the meaning of "boof," "devil's triangle," Renate Alumnus. It'd be hard to objectively prove him wrong about those things, but I'd hope we can all agree he's probably lying about those.

I think he's probably lying about whether or not he ever blacked out or passed out while drinking. I think he's probably lying about whether he was a virgin through and after college. These would be a little easier to disprove, but ultimately it would just be someone saying he's lying because they specifically witnessed x, y, or z. Again, I'd hope we can all agree he's probably lying about these topics. I mean, we're talking about a guy who said "I like beer" about 10 times to the Senate, and we think he never drank a little too much to have some memory lapses from the night before? Even when he was young and learning his limits, etc.?

And then there are a series of lies that we know are false and already have the proof. In 2004, Kavanaugh said in regards to a certain judicial nomination "that was not one that I worked on personally." But we now have emails where he was scheduled to attend conference calls to discuss plans and efforts to get the judge confirmed, and we have an email where someone asked Kavanaugh directly "How did the Pryor interview go?" and he said "Call me." Kavanaugh also said he had never received information or documents that appeared to have been drafted or prepared by democratic staff. But we have an email, literally with the subject line "spying," that was sent directly to Kavanaugh that said "I have a friend who is a mole for us on the left" with information gotten specifically from democratic senators. The best part about this one was that Senator Leahy said "None of this raised a red flag for you?" and Kavanaugh said "It did not. People have friends across the aisle who they talk to."

Kavanaugh is a purely partisan pick for the Supreme Court. There's a reason McConnell didn't want him to be the nominee. While these lies may seem small compared to the larger allegations, they paint the picture of a partisan hack that is willing to do anything to continue his climb up the ladder. His testimony the other day, screaming and all, would've been a great show if it had been a politician on the stand. I think I've made clear on here that I think the Supreme Court is a uniquely separate part of our government and even though there are aspects of it that are political, we really should attempt to keep politics out as much as possible. It's disgraceful. Judges do not act that way. Judges do not scream and yell about democrats. Judges do not lie about little things because they want to get ahead. If a president lies under oath, we're stuck with them for another four years at most. Supreme Court judges must retain at least the perception of being apolitical. If not, there's literally zero justification for a lifetime appointment.

Maybe Bill Clinton should've been impeached for lying under oath or maybe he shouldn't have. Maybe it was extraneous to the investigation and he was caught in a "perjury trap" or whatever. But he still lied under oath. And there should be repercussions for lying under oath. Maybe one of those repercussions shouldn't be a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post

I think it's easy to think he lied about a lot of things that may seem minor in light of the allegations that exist. He almost certainly lied about the meaning of "boof," "devil's triangle," Renate Alumnus. It'd be hard to objectively prove him wrong about those things, but I'd hope we can all agree he's probably lying about those.

I think he's probably lying about whether or not he ever blacked out or passed out while drinking. I think he's probably lying about whether he was a virgin through and after college. These would be a little easier to disprove, but ultimately it would just be someone saying he's lying because they specifically witnessed x, y, or z. Again, I'd hope we can all agree he's probably lying about these topics. I mean, we're talking about a guy who said "I like beer" about 10 times to the Senate, and we think he never drank a little too much to have some memory lapses from the night before? Even when he was young and learning his limits, etc.?

And then there are a series of lies that we know are false and already have the proof. In 2004, Kavanaugh said in regards to a certain judicial nomination "that was not one that I worked on personally." But we now have emails where he was scheduled to attend conference calls to discuss plans and efforts to get the judge confirmed, and we have an email where someone asked Kavanaugh directly "How did the Pryor interview go?" and he said "Call me." Kavanaugh also said he had never received information or documents that appeared to have been drafted or prepared by democratic staff. But we have an email, literally with the subject line "spying," that was sent directly to Kavanaugh that said "I have a friend who is a mole for us on the left" with information gotten specifically from democratic senators. The best part about this one was that Senator Leahy said "None of this raised a red flag for you?" and Kavanaugh said "It did not. People have friends across the aisle who they talk to."

Kavanaugh is a purely partisan pick for the Supreme Court. There's a reason McConnell didn't want him to be the nominee. While these lies may seem small compared to the larger allegations, they paint the picture of a partisan hack that is willing to do anything to continue his climb up the ladder. His testimony the other day, screaming and all, would've been a great show if it had been a politician on the stand. I think I've made clear on here that I think the Supreme Court is a uniquely separate part of our government and even though there are aspects of it that are political, we really should attempt to keep politics out as much as possible. It's disgraceful. Judges do not act that way. Judges do not scream and yell about democrats. Judges do not lie about little things because they want to get ahead. If a president lies under oath, we're stuck with them for another four years at most. Supreme Court judges must retain at least the perception of being apolitical. If not, there's literally zero justification for a lifetime appointment.

Maybe Bill Clinton should've been impeached for lying under oath or maybe he shouldn't have. Maybe it was extraneous to the investigation and he was caught in a "perjury trap" or whatever. But he still lied under oath. And there should be repercussions for lying under oath. Maybe one of those repercussions shouldn't be a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court.
            It’s great to have someone on here wise enough to know when someone will s lying. So what is Dr. Ford lying about? Or is she so well respected she would never lie? You aren’t an unbiased critic, are you?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post

It'd be hard to objectively prove him wrong about those things, but I'd hope we can all agree he's probably lying about those.

-sigh- Mind readers...

Speak for yourself Honest Abe. Most blackouts occur over time with frequent use.

He's admitted to his drinking. Are you suggesting he must be guilty because you know he's blacked out?

Comment

• So far we've got two great responses: (1) Dr. Blasey Ford is a liar too; (2) You can't prove Kavanaugh lied.

In regards to 1: I'm not looking to get her on the Supreme Court. Basically nothing in my post is saying Kavanaugh is lying about his interactions with Dr. Blasey Ford. I do not think we can all agree he's lying about those interactions.

2: Yeah, that's pretty well handled in my post, right?

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                  C0|dB|00ded commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No, you're not trying to get her on the Supreme Court but her words are being used to keep someone else from getting on the Supreme Court. That makes her statements equally weighty to his. She should submit to a full investigation. You can't have just anyone piping up with no corroborating evidence at the last second and derailing the nomination process for the highest court in the land. There must be consequences. It must be a VERY serious decision on the part of the accuser.

T

• ShockingButTrue
                  ShockingButTrue commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bingo. It's just common sense. She lost me forever when she claimed on the night in question she had just one beer. Case closed.

I can't give any credibility to someone who says nominees should be held to a different standard, vs. politicians, when it comes to lying, and then turns around and calls the President a liar every chance that presents itself.

• What's blacked out mean? Serious here.

I've seen lots of people get tired at 3 am after drinking. If they fall asleep did they "black out"? I am surprised a lawyer thinks that's particularly defensible.

Here's an honest question I have for jdshock I've read things about Dems being all fired up that Kavanaugh "lied" about being of drinking age.

Putting aside the Maryland law, how it was on a particular day in 82 etc....if he said "I drank beer and it was legal then".....and it turns out that he drank beer, but when he admits he drank beer (a date) it turns out that at that moment, at his age he was in fact not legal and he just didn't understand the law then, is that perjury? I can't believe it is, but I don't know the law.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
                  Editing a comment
                  So it is alright for elected officials then?

• C0|dB|00ded
                  C0|dB|00ded commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I do agree. I wish Kavanaugh had been 100% forthright and called a Boof a Boof but what would YOU do in that circumstance? This is incredibly embarrassing dialogue for a proud (religious) man with a SPOTLESS professional career. This is a guy in his 50's having to answer for getting caught jerking off to a magazine in the men's locker room when he was 15 years old (not a real allegation just adding for color and perspective).

I mean... I did some REALLY ridiculous stuff when I was 15. The idea that I would have to answer to it (and describe it in detail) in front of the entire United States of America would be a freaking nightmare of unimaginable proportion. I'm surprised the guy doesn't "black out" right there on live television.

T

• ShockingButTrue
                  Editing a comment
                  I shouldn't, but I'm gonna...

Today is the first time I've heard the definition of "boof." You don't know that he lied under oath. You think he did. Therefore he must be? Therefore vote no?

• Is the FBI investigating Dr. Ford's claims?

Comment

• A controversial anti-Trump professor at Georgetown University tweeted that white Republican Senators in Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh's Friday hearing should be castrated and endure a miserable death.

An anti-Trump professor at Georgetown University is taking heat for a tweet saying white Republican senators who were at Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh's hearing Friday should be castrated and endure a miserable death.

Dr. Carol Christine Fair, an associate professor in the Security Studies Program at Georgetown, said white Republican senators, specifically Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-SC, who defended Kavanaugh in a fiery speech, “deserve miserable deaths." Fair went on to say in her Saturday message that the living should “castrate their corpses and feed them to swine."
                  Anybody know of any safe places on the planet that a white male can relocate to in the near future? Asking for a friend...

T

Comment

• pinstripers
                    pinstripers commented
                    Editing a comment
                    New Zealand

• ShockerPrez
                    ShockerPrez commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I remember NZ getting pretty stupid recently on some issue as well, so maybe not there. I think perhaps Mars (Natural origin according to a book a few years back anyway) may be the safest option.

I would love it if all those white republican senators showed up at this broad's office and said. "OK we're here to get castrated.... you gonna do it?" Of course if that happened, she would cry and claim she was the victim of bullying and intimidated for her free speech.

• This social construct that says racist and sexist behavior directed towards white males is okay because (insert logic regressive with respect to the progress of humanity) will not end well, for anyone on either side.

Comment

• But keeping a person off the Supreme Court because he could have possibly might have sort of kind of told a possible lie about being "blacked out" drunk. I know he could have possibly might have sort of kind of told a possible lie about being "blacked out" drunk because he drank a lot and people have said he drank a lot and that he could have possibly might have sort of kind of been "blacked out" drunk. But nobody has seen him blacked out drunk.

And if that is not enough then he definitely showed some girl at a party his wee wee because she remembers after 6 days of thinking really hard about it and now 35 years KNOWS it was him.

And if that is not enough then he definitely felt up, a little too aggressively, some girl at a party that no one remembers. It must have been a good party because she can't remember when, where, how she got there or home. And it was a very traumatic experience, so much that some how she was able to get home, which was miles and miles away, without someone coming out and saying they drove her home and she was in a traumatized state. But lets get those 35 year old Safeway schedules so we can match those with his day planner and figure out what day to say it was.

But the real deciding factor is if a 16 year old really thought "boof" was about flatulence?
                    Last edited by jdmee; October 1, 2018, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
                      Editing a comment
                      To someone was could read minds, and therefore knew he was lying, probably yes.
                      Last edited by ShockingButTrue; October 1, 2018, 05:13 PM.
                  Working...
                  X