Justice Kennedy Retiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post

Has anyone said differently? The reason for an investigation is to get the interviews. And to have the interviews conducted by professionals who might ask questions that jog the memories of the third parties.
    Nah, the reason for an investigation is to try and trap someone into perjury or obstruction charges.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

At this point I have no idea what the Repulican/Mitchell's strategy is. They have 15 minutes left with Ford, and I really don't know what they have accomplished other than bumble around like this is a criminal case asking questions that would only be useful in that setting.
      I think we will start seeing the Republican strategy.

Ford offered no new information from what we knew already. NOTHING ADDITIONAL ADDED. The biggest part of this was the POLITICAL zingers by the Democrats.

Republicans have got a couple of things answered. She gave the letters to NOBODY but the Democrats, i.e. Feinstein. We now have a good idea who leaked the letter.

We will start hearing how the Republicans held this hearing with the respect they promised. They allowed her to testify and give her side of the story in a safe and fair manner. How the Democrats where the one to politicize the process. How the Democrats where the ones to release the letter at the most inappropriate time.... But in the end we have an honorable man who has denied the allegation, who has his calendar that shows he wasn't at a party Ford described, how we have all four of the people that Ford alleged were there denied the allegation. We have all the people who have come forward backing the character of this respected judge.

While we cannot and will not deny that something terrible happened to Ford, we have to believe that it was a case of mistaken identity given all the evidence/denials given.

Say hello to your next Supreme Court Justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
        Everybody who keeps talking about this like it's a criminal case: it's not. Statutes of limitation wouldn't apply. Innocent until proven guilty doesn't apply. Acting like the FBI can't investigate it doesn't apply.

This is a job interview. A job interview for a lifetime appointed position. They can get into whatever they want to get into. There is no burden of proof. There is nothing. If we had video evidence of a supreme court nominee spitting on a black guy fifteen years ago, there almost certainly isn't a prosecutor in the country who would take that case. It'd still be the kind of thing that would prevent them from getting nominated.

And maybe you don't think we should do a more thorough investigation since what we've done to date is sufficient. That's totally fine. But it's not because "oh, well... it'd be tough to get a conviction on this." After the OJ trial, he lost a civil suit. I guarantee he wouldn't have been confirmed to the Supreme Court even though he was technically innocent under the law (in the sense that he was not proven guilty).
        It is a job interview, but even you should be able to agree, politics aside, that the next person nominated to the court should not have to worry about 36 year old allegations, which have been refuted to have happened by all people mentioned by the alleged victim, with no other proof or backing information, be the determining factor in their confirmation. I would also hope the next nominee wouldn't have to deal with these allegations after the opposing political party held on to the allegations until the very end so they could expose these allegations at the most POLITICAL time.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post

It is a job interview, but even you should be able to agree, politics aside, that the next person nominated to the court should not have to worry about 36 year old allegations, which have been refuted to have happened by all people mentioned by the alleged victim, with no other proof or backing information, be the determining factor in their confirmation.
          When did we decide on here that "even you" is the way you have a cordial discussion? Even you, the most extreme, blinded, unreasonable person, even someone as ignorant, as stupid, as uninformed, as biased as you could see this simple point. Right? C'mon.

Look, I'm not too worried about it. Gorsuch sailed through, and he replaced a seat that was left open via incredibly dirty tactics. I am optimistic we'll always have good folks that can get through unscathed.

Comment

When did we decide on here that "even you" is the way you have a cordial discussion? Even you, the most extreme, blinded, unreasonable person, even someone as ignorant, as stupid, as uninformed, as biased as you could see this simple point. Right? C'mon.

Look, I'm not too worried about it. Gorsuch sailed through, and he replaced a seat that was left open via incredibly dirty tactics. I am optimistic we'll always have good folks that can get through unscathed.
            You talking about "dirty" is rich. Democrats have stooped to NEW LOWS.

Comment

And dumm too!

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• No, even you, a vocal person who is against his confirmation. Even you, someone coming from a completely different viewpoint. Even you....

So what is your opinion, should a nomination be shut down over an allegation that has been refuted by everyone who is supposedly involved or present? Or should there be a larger burden of proof by the accuser?

Yes, he was replaced by incredibly dirty tactics that have happened before and will happen again. When have 36 year old, teenaged allegations been used against a nominee?

Comment

• Trial attorney lady disappeared. She was there for the Kavanaugh turn before the last break.

Comment

• I wanna ask a question for people. Regardless if the assault did or did not happen. Do you all believe his answers with regards to his experiences with alcohol? Do you believe his explanation for Renate Alumnus? Neither of these answers and explanations seem honest or believable given all we've heard of him from all his contemporaries. Especially since Renate herself did not take the statement the way he explains it. Then one last question if you don't believe those answers, do you care that he could be lying under oath in order to protect his image and avoid dangerous lines of questioning and character questions?

Comment

I wanna ask a question for people. Regardless if the assault did or did not happen. Do you all believe his answers with regards to his experiences with alcohol? Do you believe his explanation for Renate Alumnus? Neither of these answers and explanations seem honest or believable given all we've heard of him from all his contemporaries. Especially since Renate herself did not take the statement the way he explains it. Then one last question if you don't believe those answers, do you care that he could be lying under oath in order to protect his image and avoid dangerous lines of questioning and character questions?
                    The fact that they are talking about a High School Yearbook regarding 16 year old teenagers, instead of the 40 years of adulthood where adult women have never given one ounce of criticism or concern regarding his sexual predatory behavior is illuminating about this sad process. You and most Democrats are sad excuses of human kind. The Constitution and American history will be the worse for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

The fact that they are talking about a High School Yearbook regarding 16 year old teenagers, instead of the 40 years of adulthood where adult women have never given one ounce of criticism or concern regarding his sexual predatory behavior is illuminating about this sad process. You and most Democrats are sad excuses of human kind. The Constitution and American history will be the worse for it.
                      I love the name calling. You have said multiple times that dems like me(hint I'm not a Democrat, crazy I know) call people names. Yet you consistently are the one slinging names. I don't really care if it was a sexual reference, it's childish and stupid, and not damning, but pretending it's anything other than what it really is, is just stupid and makes me wonder what else he would lie about.

Comment

I love the name calling. You have said multiple times that dems like me(hint I'm not a Democrat, crazy I know) call people names. Yet you consistently are the one slinging names. I don't really care if it was a sexual reference, it's childish and stupid, and not damning, but pretending it's anything other than what it really is, is just stupid and makes me wonder what else he would lie about.
                        This whole process is crazy and you act like a Democrat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

This whole process is crazy and you act like a Democrat.
                          On what basis? Because I don't gobble up everything that the GOP says? I know it's weird but there are people who do question what they hear from both sides. I know that's hard to believe.

Comment

On what basis? Because I don't gobble up everything that the GOP says? I know it's weird but there are people who do question what they hear from both sides. I know that's hard to believe.
                            The process is crazy because of the timing. The tactics of it are crazy. If poor mrs Ford is telling the truth, the Dems don’t care. They are using her politically.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

No because this is a sham about trying to destroy a nominee for the Supreme Court. This is the Democrat game. They don't care about the truth. They only want to destroy a candidate they disagree with and will do ANYTHING to do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X