Justice Kennedy Retiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I warned you guys.

Kavanaugh's reputation has been mortally wounded. Now other women are feeling emboldened to stand up for what they think they saw.

Expect even more.

It matters no longer what "is" is.

Brett is clearly not telling the whole truth.

The Democrats have played perfect chess. If Kavanaugh gets booted, they cheer and pat themselves on the back. If Kavanaugh gets confirmed, they cheer (in the midterms).

Perfect chess.

All the Repubs had to do was state that, "based on new findings and an unspecified witness testimony, we've decided to go in a different direction." Kavanaugh goes back to his lifetime appointed job, receives a couple million from the Republican war chest for falling on his own sword, and we nominate another. We have PLENTY of time. But that would be too easy wouldn't it. So we ram through Kavanaugh's appointment on Friday and look like the party of rapists heading into midterms. Sweet!

Of course there is an even uglier ending. We "ram" the vote through and we lose... LMFAO! Instead of just rapists, we'll look like disorganized, feckless, rapists. That will be purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• I don't give a **** whether or not Brett Kavanaugh is a rapist or having his reputation unfairly destroyed. He's a grown ass man and he knows what is at stake. This is for all the marbles - control of the Supreme Court. He KNEW he was going to get blasted when he was appointed and had plenty of time to tell his friends and family to expect anything. It didn't work out, the nomination is in jeopardy, so the smart decision is to replace him. Brett knows this, the president knows this, and Republicans know this... WTF are they waiting for?

If they are willing to endure even the slightest possibility of failure due to the reputation (which is already destroyed) of one man, then they are a LOT more stupid than I ever imagined.

Never mind the fact the Dems will continue the investigations LONG after the confirmation, using it as a very viable political weapon and calling for impeachment each and ever chance they get.

It's political suicide to continue to support a guy that is CLEARLY not telling all the truth.

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/co...o_talk_to_fbi/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2018/09/26/mark-judges-girlfriend-is-ready-to-talk-to-fbi-and-judiciary-committee-her-lawyer-says/

It's FREAKING OVER MORONS!!! (speaking to senators)

T

Comment

• If you think anybody but kavanaugh will or could get confirmed before the mid terms YOU ARE A FOOL.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          Please explain your comment.

A new nominee would have the votes barring the choice of a person with exactly the same kind of hyper-drunk partying history.

If all else fails, in the final hour the Senate could adjourn and then Trump could appoint the next SCOTUS for 4 years.

T

• SB Shock
          SB Shock commented
          Editing a comment
          Democrats already have plans to sink the follow-on SCOTUS candidates, and they now embolden. Trump might as well just give up and ask the Democrats who they want on the supreme court. That is the only way he is filling this slot.

• This last allegation is incredible. If it’s true, BK needs to be in jail. I don’t believe it as of now, but he needs to be convicted or exonerated.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
          All the Repubs had to do was state that, "based on new findings and an unspecified witness testimony, we've decided to go in a different direction." Kavanaugh goes back to his lifetime appointed job, receives a couple million from the Republican war chest for falling on his own sword, and we nominate another. We have PLENTY of time. But that would be too easy wouldn't it. So we ram through Kavanaugh's appointment on Friday and look like the party of rapists heading into midterms. Sweet!
          If hired as the political consultant, here's what I would do:

Have Kavanaugh testify tomorrow. Have him prepped and ready to go (note: avoid ignoring the question and going into your lawyer-approved talking point of "I just want a fair hearing and I want my story heard." That makes you look like a coached liar. Actually prep for it.).

Then, later that day or the next day, have Kavanaugh issue a statement saying "In light of death threats to me and my family, I have decided to withdraw my name from consideration. These baseless accusations are harmful to my family, to my reputation, and to the entire judiciary. While I am regretful that my withdrawal may be perceived as a validation of these false allegations, I must put my family first and foremost. I have chosen to testify in order to shed at least some light on these falsehoods, but it is important to my family's livelihood that I withdraw my name from further consideration at this point."

Then, have Trump and McConnell go on and on about how terrible Dems are for putting this family man in such a terrible situation. It prevents Murkowski and Collins from having to make a decision that could be politically perilous. And now you've made Dems the bad guys. Plus, Dems can't say anything about the next person. Aside from procedural attacks (e.g., not enough time to review the documents or whatever), if Dems try to attack the new nominee's character, they'll look like they're crying wolf.

I'm 100% convinced this will work. But I'm not convinced Kavanaugh and/or Trump is willing to do this.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
            ShockingButTrue commented
            Editing a comment
            You're right in assuming the President probably won't back down.

• C0|dB|00ded
            C0|dB|00ded commented
            Editing a comment
            CB approved!

T

• He's sticking to his guns:

https://www.westernjournal.com/kavanaugh-deny-allegations-prepared-statement/?ff_source=push&ff_medium=westernjournalism&ff_cam paign=manualpost&ff_content=2018-09-17

Now, if someone comes out in the next 10-12 hours and claims they had intercourse with K, therefore proving he lied, that's a different story. It probably won't happen though. Any such person has had 48 hrs. to -ahem- "jog their memory."
          Last edited by ShockingButTrue; September 26, 2018, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• The latest accuser signed a sworn affidavit under penalty of perjury. The boy is dirty. Let's hope for a quick and clean kill tomorrow. Otherwise this will take over center stage for the remainder of the Trump presidency right as the Russia investigation is about to come to a close.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
            The latest accuser signed a sworn affidavit under penalty of perjury. The boy is dirty. Let's hope for a quick and clean kill tomorrow. Otherwise this will take over center stage for the remainder of the Trump presidency right as the Russia investigation is about to come to a close.

T

Yes she did write a sworn affidavit...and it is atrocious what she swears too. But...she went to dozens of gang rape parties, and new they were gang raping women, yet she kept her mouth shut and continued to attend. There are other coroberatong witnesses that she won’t name until there is an FBI investigation. High school boys gang raping college girls for YEARS! At public parties no less.

this is either a terrible crime or a terrible lie. I am not ready to support the former.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
              ShockingButTrue commented
              Editing a comment
              They A-L-L want an FBI investigation. We get it.

It didn't state that K participated in her alleged assault. Guilt by association?

It's my understanding it would be the State's/County jurisdiction in this matter? Was I misled?
              Last edited by ShockingButTrue; September 27, 2018, 04:58 AM.

• Where is Hugh Jackman dressed up as the PT Barnum?

#disappointed
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• More unsolicited jdshock political consultant strategery:

If Kavanaugh won't withdraw his name/we decide we really want Kavanaugh on the court - do an FBI investigation. People keep bringing up this Biden quote where he says the FBI doesn't reach conclusions. And they're bringing it up as a reason not to do an FBI investigation. But isn't that the best reason to pursue an FBI investigation if you're a Republican? Give the FBI two weeks, say the investigation couldn't find any corroborating witnesses or whatever, and then you're absolutely in the clear to vote him through. I would say it's incredibly unlikely that the FBI digs up some smoking gun.

And Biden was exactly right. The FBI investigation would just say "so and so said X, so and so said Y." If the Republicans allow the investigation, can you imagine how silly the Democrats would look if they have to say "well, the FBI report is baseless and doesn't reach a conclusion" after calling for an investigation for weeks? I truly believe the only reasons you wouldn't want an FBI investigation as a Republican is if you think (1) the FBI is part of the deep state or whatever (seems very likely this could be part of the reason Trump would be so opposed) or (2) if you think there is going to be corroborating evidence of some kind that comes out.

Comment

• jdmee
                jdmee commented
                Editing a comment
                But you and I both know the FBI investigation request was a delay tactic. If the Republican s would have started an investigation then the next thing out of the Dems and yourself would have been about not rushing to a vote and wait for the investigation to complete. It is all an attempt to not let Trump get a Supreme Court vote until past mid terms.

• Grassley having some problems getting his words out here.

Thank goodness they outsourced the interview.

Comment

• Turns out Feinstein is just going to testify on Ford’s behalf.

My lawd... the grandstanding.

Comment

• Kavanaugh went to an “elitist” all-boys school.

Not five minutes ago she talked about her private all-girls school, and spending summer days at her family’s country club.

Projection is an odd thing.

Comment

• Ford just testified that she later saw Judge through a door and said hello to him. Does this strike anyone else as odd? If someone, that I was "previously friendly" with watched a guy sexually assault me and did nothing about it, the last thing I would do is approach him and say hello if I saw him again.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                      Ford just testified that she later saw Judge through a door and said hello to him. Does this strike anyone else as odd? If someone, that I was "previously friendly" with watched a guy sexually assault me and did nothing about it, the last thing I would do is approach him and say hello if I saw him again.
                      No it doesn't strike me as odd. Why do abuse victims stay with their husbands after assault? Lots of reasons. Silly thought.

Comment

• shockfan89_
                        shockfan89_ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Because they are married to them and can't escape. This is a very different scenario. He didn't see her or say hi to her. She initiated the interaction. May not be a big deal, but all of her previous testimony had been about getting away from both boys and glad they didn't come outside when she left the house.
                    Working...
                    X