No announcement yet.

Justice Kennedy Retiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So apparently men's developing minds(which is about maturity not comprehension of right and wrong) of a 17 year old man can't under stand that no means no, and just can't control themselves when they have a drink? Just as a tidbit, there are millions of us men who don't find it hard not to assault or rape a woman, regardless of age or drink. Christ, this is why we can't stop it from continuing to happen, boys see this bullshit statement and the actions and realize they won't be held accountable long term. I'm out. Enjoy the echo chamber.

Comment

• shockfan89_
      shockfan89_ commented
      Editing a comment
      This is the stupidity of the left in a nutshell. Nobody has said there shouldn't be accountability for actions, but accountability extends to everyone involved. A person has the responsibility to report wrong-doing at the time it occurs if justice is to be served, not 36 years later. There is a reason that a statute of limitations exists. Nobody should have liability (criminal or political) outside of the statute of limitations. Our entire justice system is predicated on innocent until proven guilty and the right to defend yourself. That is the issue at hand!

• WuDrWu
      WuDrWu commented
      Editing a comment
      Also, a female has never been guilty of anything. Everything is the man's fault. Period, end of discussion. Will every woman who cyber bullied another girl they didn't like in high school be eliminated from now on? Every sorority member that passively hazed a pledge? Asking for a friend.

Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post
    So apparently men's developing minds(which is about maturity not comprehension of right and wrong) of a 17 year old man can't under stand that no means no, and just can't control themselves when they have a drink? Just as a tidbit, there are millions of us men who don't find it hard not to assault or rape a woman, regardless of age or drink. Christ, this is why we can't stop it from continuing to happen, boys see this bullshit statement and the actions and realize they won't be held accountable long term. I'm out. Enjoy the echo chamber.
    If he did it, and he got caught, he would have been prosecuted. It would have had lasting, life altering consequences. No law school, probably no college. He would have been tried as an adult, served time and been held accountable.

Instead, there were no police called, no police reports, no charges filed, nothing. Life went on. And on. And on. His brain developed, he became a mature, fully developed adult. He became a leader and a honored member of society. Never were there any other allegations from any other women. Not one. Not one other incident!

It wasnt until he was nominated for the seat did any of this come to light. There is nobody to verify the allegation. The accuser apparently didn't even tell her closest friends. Nobody. We have a classic he said, she said allegation. From decades ago. With no evidence. When they were both minors. And we are supposed to ruin s person over this?

Yeah, echo chamber..........
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
      ShockingButTrue commented
      Editing a comment
      He's being unintentionally stupid.

Then prosecute the kid then. You want to stop it, that is how. 38 years later is a little late. Besides most men don't ever reach a level where 38 years latter it would even matter.

This is something that would have been handled in Juvy courts and not something he would have been held accountable long term anyway. How about 3 year old Jimmy that showed Suzy his pee pee? Not all 3 year olds show girls their pee pee.

Finally, this is something she is accusing him of doing and he is denying. There is nothing proving that this actually happened. Why are we treating him like he is automatically guilty?

Comment

This isn't just stupidity on the left. Had HRC won, and she nominated a similar person, the right would probably drag out an ex girlfriend, old drinking buddy, or a random person to throw dirt. It would be from a long time ago, unverifiable, with stories popping up all over right wing websites. Same, same, same.

This is all bullship and we need to get past this behavior. If HRC would have won, all roles on this debate would be reversed. At least I can, with clear conscience, say that Al Franken got a raw deal, and so is Kavenaugh.

​​​​
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• pinstripers
        pinstripers commented
        Editing a comment
        find me one example

• shockfan89_
        shockfan89_ commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure I completely agree, but I will agree that if they wouldn't have before, they sure as heck will now. Very sad state of affairs and the reason I think this is so dangerous. If this is allowed to stand it will continue to happen, and with increased frequency.

• ShockingButTrue
        Editing a comment
        Like it or not, when there's photos out there it can't be spinned.

Random thought, am I pretty much alone in my thinking that whichever side gets some leadership that says "stop it, we're embarrassing ourselves and we're going to at least LEAD from the front and be positive in our message AND more importantly our actions from here on out" or something similar would gain enough support from the middle to beat down the opposition?

Or is it more important (and easier for the swampies) to out-gin up their own base to win?

Comment

• wufan
        wufan commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree in principle. If the media narrative doesn’t allow that to come out, it won’t matter. That’s a concern.

You do know she claimed her therapist misrepresented her account, several times, on his notes, right? Do you believe her or her therapist?

Case closed.
      Last edited by ShockingButTrue; September 19, 2018, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Ok one final post because there is so much intellectual dishonesty here that it's hilarious. I never not once said he did do it. I said if he did do it or any other future nominee happen to, it's disqualifying full stop. So... Stop putting words in my mouth everyone.

WuDrWu Thanks for bringing up a completely unrelated useless point. I never mentioned women. But yes women can commit crimes and do things that are disqualifying for the court. In fact, this will come as a shock to most here I'm sure... women can even rape *gasp*

I actually like this sentiment in your other post but it's clear it doesn't work when it comes to elections. Trump won the Republican nomination in a wide field with more than a few candidates taking a high road, with an array of views. And yet the Republicans latched on the easily the most negative and derogatory candidate.

ShockingButTrue You do know how therapy works for the right? Most therapists take notes after session is completed not in the moment, despite what you see on TV, so yeah it's not infallible. Second even if taken during the session notes are usually reference points and are not a dictation of what was said.

jdmee Seriously. You want to make a false equivalency to a 3 year year old or any pre-pubesent who is merely curious to a physically and mostly mentally developed teenager who knows right from wrong and understand consequences? LOL

shockfan89_ Victims have no responsibility to anyone or anything full stop. They are the victims. If they don't want to report it at the time that's their right. If they want to disclose it later, that also is their right. That doesn't mean the should always be granted credibility but that is their right.

I think it's odd how everyone latches on to how some how she is less credible than him. Pray tell why? One person has a history of misleading/lying to the judiciary committee another doesn't. Now I'm not saying she certainly is telling the truth, but ya'll are some seriously bad at evaluating credibility. If she wanted to make up an accusation, why put someone else in the room? Why say Mark Judge was there? That would make it easier to disprove. Why is he so quiet? Now everyone can continue talking without dissent.
        Last edited by ShockCrazy; September 19, 2018, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• shockfan89_
          shockfan89_ commented
          Editing a comment
          If victims want justice, they have the responsibility to report it. FULL STOP. If they don't want to report it at the time, that is their right, but if they decide to disclose it later that could limit the amount of justice they may receive. If they decide to report it after the statute of limitations has passed, they should have no expectation of justice. It is still their right to do this, but they need to accept the accountability for their lack of actions.

• jdmee
          jdmee commented
          Editing a comment
          Not making an equivalency but setting a time frame. As Senator Hirono asked "Since you became a legal adult, have you ever made unwanted requests for sexual favors or committed verbal or physical harassment or assault of a sexual nature?"

The answer to that is still NO. Even IF he did do this.

So now we know two things. It is disqualifying if he was a legal adult, it is ok if he was 3 years old. Please give me the exact time/age where it moves from being disqualifying to not disqualifying.

• ShockingButTrue
          Editing a comment
          You have no knowledge of which he did, dummy. Those notes are the only public records of evidence of an alleged transgression. Someone's got the story wrong.

It has all the classic marking of a false equivalent. No?

Ok one final post because there is so much intellectual dishonesty here that it's hilarious. I never not once said he did do it. I said if he did do it or any other future nominee happen to, it's disqualifying full stop. So... Stop putting words in my mouth everyone.
        You stop being intellectually dishonest. The more you defend her, the more you attack him, the more you say what the consequences are for what she accuses him of, the more you are saying he DID do it. Stop trying to hide behind "is".

Comment

I think it's odd how everyone latches on to how some how she is less credible than him. Pray tell why? One person has a history of misleading/lying to the judiciary committee another doesn't. Now I'm not saying she certainly is telling the truth, but ya'll are some seriously bad at evaluating credibility. If she wanted to make up an accusation, why put someone else in the room? Why say Mark Judge was there? That would make it easier to disprove. Why is he so quiet? Now everyone can continue talking without dissent.
          But the person she put in the room is also denying it happened and doesn't know of the party she is talking about. He is also saying that he doesn't remember Judge K. ever treating a woman in the way she is describing.

Comment

• "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
              C0|dB|00ded commented
              Editing a comment
              Perfect. Just as I (and everyone) expected. This whole charade was an 11th hour stall tactic. Of course you don't want a testimony, that would get to the truth too quickly. An FBI investigation could go on for years.

Introducing your next Supreme Court Justice, Brett Kavanaugh.

T

...:cool:

• C0|dB|00ded
              C0|dB|00ded commented
              Editing a comment
              The whole Dem strategy here was to release the Ford complaint and pray like hell other "victims" would show up. I applaud the deranged Americans on the left who sat quietly and didn't take the cue offering a ton of false statements. Had other complainants started speaking up, anonymous or otherwise, it would have been very effective at thwarting the nomination. He said/she said is very difficult to defend once the media gets a hold of it - especially a media that works lock-step with one political party.

T

• It sounds like Jeff Flake is pleased with the Republicans delaying the vote to allow Ford to testify in front of the committee publicly, in private or a group interviewing her in California. If she chooses not to, he is ready to move on with the vote. It seems obvious to anyone who isn't blind that Ford's activist lawyer (an activist Democrat) and Ford have been planning to throw a monkey wrench with Feinstein and other Democrat Senators into the process to allow the Democrats to win the Senate (election midterms) and then they have the power to stop any Trump selection. All of the Democrats plan to vote NO anyway.

Comment

• shockfan89_
              shockfan89_ commented
              Editing a comment
              They should vote tomorrow per the original schedule. She already said she won't testify on Monday, there is no reason to continue this circus.

• ShockingButTrue
              Editing a comment
              No reason whatsoever. The whole thing reeks.

For all we know, she could have been a jilted schoolgirl who kept a grudge against the judge. She's bat**** crazy, too much for the leftist's even.

• C0|dB|00ded
              C0|dB|00ded commented
              Editing a comment
              I thought of that exact same thing. I envisioned her "testimony" with Brett following her up with, "I don't know how to say this without being unkind but... Ms. Ford was all over my jock strap from the moment I set foot on campus to the moment I graduated. One night I was drunk and things went a little too far. When I stopped and told her I wasn't comfortable doing this with a friend, she got extremely angry and threatened me."

Now I know this is just a bit of unsubstantiated CB storytelling, but it is plausible and happens ALL the time. Believe me!

And yes, before Libby gets all unhinged (the only unhinged one on here has me on ignore), men rape women all the time too.

T

• One thing that isn’t awesome is suggesting that, “boys will be boys” or that “she wanted it”. I don’t know that anyone was intentionally implying either of those positions, but “cold will cold”. ;)

I am really trying to judge this based on the facts. The facts are that she doesn’t have a case. I’m willing to reevaluate if new evidence comes to light, but if not, I’m comfortable with case closed. If false, shame on you. If true, it’s a shame this wasn’t brought up three decades ago.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post

WuDrWu Thanks for bringing up a completely unrelated useless point. I never mentioned women. But yes women can commit crimes and do things that are disqualifying for the court. In fact, this will come as a shock to most here I'm sure... women can even rape *gasp*

I actually like this sentiment in your other post but it's clear it doesn't work when it comes to elections. Trump won the Republican nomination in a wide field with more than a few candidates taking a high road, with an array of views. And yet the Republicans latched on the easily the most negative and derogatory candidate.

ShockingButTrue You do know how therapy works for the right? Most therapists take notes after session is completed not in the moment, despite what you see on TV, so yeah it's not infallible. Second even if taken during the session notes are usually reference points and are not a dictation of what was said.

jdmee Seriously. You want to make a false equivalency to a 3 year year old or any pre-pubesent who is merely curious to a physically and mostly mentally developed teenager who knows right from wrong and understand consequences? LOL

shockfan89_ Victims have no responsibility to anyone or anything full stop. They are the victims. If they don't want to report it at the time that's their right. If they want to disclose it later, that also is their right. That doesn't mean the should always be granted credibility but that is their right.

Without piling on, if your therapist isn’t taking notes during your session, find a new therapist. It is an extremely common practice for therapists to take notes during the discussion, and I would consider it malpractice to not do this. Normally they record it, but I’ve also seen typing into pre-written forms, or even notepads. These notes are generally condensed and approved at a later time, but the original (meta) data is kept as background info to protect against lawsuits.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• I believe I've discovered a solution after an evening of fine food and beer.

Ford needs to submit her polygraph test results to the senate along with sworn written testimony that this is the only polygraph she took (there was no practicing or coaching). We need sworn statements from the test giver, the WAPO, Feinstein and any other political group she had been dealing with. If the test was thorough and indicates she was traumatized by memories of Kavanaugh "raping" her then we cast him aside and nominate #2. This will shut the controversy down immediately. She is a Psych PHD and I guess if there is anyone who can game a polygraph it would be her, but if she passed it and the questions were all encompassing and not vague, you gotta give it some credence. Why is Brett so special? If this lady passed a polygraph and is willing to put her name out there risking the safety of her family (Yes, Trumptards do exist), then be the bigger party and send Kavanaugh back to his previous lifetime appointed job. Nobody loses and the Republicans gain some much needed credibility points with women.

T

Comment

• I’m so anti polygraph. It’s not admissible in court because it is extremely subjective. Police use it as a tool to gain more information, it’s not informative in and of itself. Even if you like polygraphs, when she took it, they asked her, “is the written story the story you gave.” They didn’t even ask her if the written story was the true story.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                  X