Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wu Shock

Wu's got connections

It was a bit of a surprise to see the e-mail in the inbox, but there it was:

"I'd be honored if you'd join my network on LinkedIn," wrote WuShock.

As in the Wichita State University mascot.

So we had to call the school and ask what was up. A spokesman said Wu would be in touch after lunch via e-mail.

After what seemed like a very long lunch hour (Wu explained, "You have no idea how hard it is to find something that's gluten free around here"), he wrote to say that he is newly LinkedIn and is connected via Facebook and MySpace, too.

"They're great ways to keep in touch with past, present and future Shockers and an incredible opportunity to make new friends in the community and around the world," he wrote. He added, "If the Germans think they love Hasselhoff, wait until they get a load of me."

So far, Wu has about 80 friends on LinkedIn and about 1,000 on Facebook, where he accidentally wound up with two pages.

Wu denies he's using the Web for his own self-promotion instead of the school's.

"I'm not looking for a new job," he said, explaining, "anything else would be a step down."
Working...
X