Perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perspective

I was in the hospital most of last week after an attack of acute pancreatitis. However, this video makes that and may other things seem like not really that big a deal.

This was recorded at the Atlanta International Airport in 2013. Most people have no idea Delta does this.

The soldier was a K-9 solder with a dog trained to locate IED's. Yes, the 2nd small coffin is the soldier's partner.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 15, 2017, 12:15 PM.

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    I was in the hospital most of last week after an attack of acute pancreatitis. However, this video makes that and may other things seem like not really that big a deal.

This was recorded at the Atlanta International Airport in 2013. Most people have no idea Delta does this.

The soldier was a K-9 solder with a dog trained to locate IED's. Yes, the 2nd small coffin is the soldier's partner.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/c_VGxfmDmEo
    Powerful!

I hope you’re doing well.

I had some medical issues about the time I watched the movie “Taking Chance”. My personal issues immediately became miniscule. I’ve watched the movie twice and probably need to see it again.

“ All Gave Some, But Some Gave All”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Taking Chance is tough for me to watch. Really powereful

Comment

"But by the grace of God go I."

Get well 72.
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I won't start a new thread because the title perspective says it all. As most of you know my wife passed three years ago and as they say life goes on. This afternoon I received a horrible phone call from my daughter in law. It seems that my 12 year old grandson accidentally shot himself with a pistol he found in their closet. I arrived at the hospital as he was being taken into the ER. He died. I am sitting here with a great deal of sorrow and angst. I have grown up around guns and my son and his son. How does this happen? Where did he find the bullet. Why wasn't it locked up. I can't ask these questions because my son has lost his son and will forever blame himself. I feel so bad for our family. I hope that his family will find the strength to move past this and remain a loving family. I'm sure it will be a long journey and they will need support and counseling. Sorry but I just had to get this off my heart. Keep your loved ones close and never miss the opportunity to tell them what they mean to you.

Comment

My God.....I don't know what to say. Our thoughts and prayers seem trivial. You have friends here....and so does your family. May God provide all of you the comfort and safety you all need at this tragic time.

:cry:

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
              I won't start a new thread because the title perspective says it all. As most of you know my wife passed three years ago and as they say life goes on. This afternoon I received a horrible phone call from my daughter in law. It seems that my 12 year old grandson accidentally shot himself with a pistol he found in their closet. I arrived at the hospital as he was being taken into the ER. He died. I am sitting here with a great deal of sorrow and angst. I have grown up around guns and my son and his son. How does this happen? Where did he find the bullet. Why wasn't it locked up. I can't ask these questions because my son has lost his son and will forever blame himself. I feel so bad for our family. I hope that his family will find the strength to move past this and remain a loving family. I'm sure it will be a long journey and they will need support and counseling. Sorry but I just had to get this off my heart. Keep your loved ones close and never miss the opportunity to tell them what they mean to you.
              Oh my goodness. How tragically devastating @pogo. My heart goes out to you. I have an 11 year old grandson who is a hunter but I hope and pray he always keeps his wit about him when he is shooting or hunting. A lot to ask from an 11 year old. Stay strong my friend. This is something that will change your life forever and that of your family. However, you seem to be a man of high character and I am sure your family shares that trait. I am confident you will be able to move on while at the same time honoring the memory of your grandson. I really don't know what to say that can provide you with comfort. God bless you, your family and especially your grandson.

Hopefully your loss and suffering will remind the rest of us what is important and what isn't in our lives.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 5, 2017, 12:39 AM.

Comment

You and I will have our personal time together soon. I am current out of town. For those that don't have the pleasure to know you personally like I do, they might not be aware of the great man you are. Always trenenber God doesn't put more on your plate than you can handle. Embrace your family and be that comfort that is needed. I care about you my brother and I will be praying for all the Pogo family. We will talk soon

Comment

Many prayers for everyone affected by this Pogo. We have never met, yet that doesn't matter. We all weep for you and yours.

Comment

Saw this on the news. I cannot imagine. There are no words. Prayers for you and yours.

Comment

Tragedy so often catches us by surprise, but it never does Him. Everyone touched by this, including us on this board, will be affected uniquely, but I will pray that God put a healing hedge around your family.

Comment

I am sitting here with a great deal of sorrow and angst.
                        @pogo:, I am at a loss for words. If anybody deserves a break in this life, it's you. Dave and I will keep you and your family in our prayers.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Both 1972Shocker and Pogo are in my thoughts today.

1972Shocker, I hope this was a one-off incident and not a symptom of a larger problem.

Pogo, I am very sorry for your loss.

Sometimes we can't see beyond our own problems enough to understand there are others whose suffering is worse than ours is. Thanks for lending some perspective to my small problems and helping me understand how truly fortunate I am to have my health and family.

Comment

So tragic. We'll pray for you and your entire extended family for His healing touch.
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I am so, so sorry. My prayers to you and your family.
                              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                              X