No announcement yet.

Another Earthquake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just felt an earthquake at around 12:40 AM.

I'll see if USGS and KGS have anything yet.

Edit: Look like this one was a 2.1 magnitude according to USGS. It was located just east of Rock Rd along 47th St S.

M 2.1 - 3 km SE of McConnell AFB, Kansas (usgs.gov)

Here is the KGS data on the quake. They have it as a 2.4 magnitude, south of 39th St S between Greenwich Rd and 127th St E.

KGS Earthquakes (ku.edu)
    Last edited by 1979Shocker; April 2, 2021, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• Apparently too mild the felt while I was sleeping
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Yeah, I didn't feel that one.

Comment

• Did anyone feel the earthquake this morning around 10:45. I didn't know if it was an earthquake or not because I could barely feel it. I was going to look at USGS this morning, but forget. So now I just looked.

M 2.5 - 4 km E of Eastborough, Kansas (usgs.gov)

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
            Did anyone feel the earthquake this morning around 10:45. I didn't know if it was an earthquake or not because I could barely feel it. I was going to look at USGS this morning, but forget. So now I just looked.

Isn’t there a Wendy’s or something right there? Somebody’s food probably didn’t agree with them. We had a 3.9 and 6.2 the other day at the same time. That one was fun.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• There were some small ones back on June 10th in the same area as in the past. USGS shows 2 that day but I think KGS only shows 1. The stronger one was a 2.3 that happened at 6:30 am. I think one of the news stations mentioned it but otherwise there was hardly any mention by the news. KGS shows a 2.3 east of August a week ago. Also, when you look at the USGS map for the last 30 days, there are a lot happening in Oklahoma.
              Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                Did anyone feel the earthquake this morning around 10:45. I didn't know if it was an earthquake or not because I could barely feel it. I was going to look at USGS this morning, but forget. So now I just looked.

I felt it, but I live a little southeast of 13th and Greenwich, also known as "Earthquake Central" There was no doubt when my wife and I felt it. We knew immediately it was a small one.

Comment

• A 2.5 magnitude earthquake occurred 2 km northwest of McConnell AFB around 5:33 pm today. That put it east of Oliver and just south of Pawnee.

Comment

• When’s the big one?
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• You sure it wasn't Tyrone Shoelace after a run to Taco Shop?

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        When’s the big one?

Comment

• We will rebuild…
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• UPDATE: 13 quakes rattle SE Saline County Wednesday (salinapost.com)

Comment

• Ah, I felt one of these in my basement! Was wondering if it was an earthquake at the time.
                              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• WTF! I’m like 15 miles from the epicenter and have no idea. Is there a book or something so I can learn to be “woke” to earthquakes?
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X