Does anyone watch Keith Olberman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone watch Keith Olberman?

I loved Keith on Sportscenter. He was dry, witty, knew his schtick and was a great partner to Dan Patrick.

Now doing the "news" on MSNBC he has fallen off the deep end. It is painfully obvious why MSNBC is getting hammered in the ratings but I am just curious if there is anyone out there that can stand to watch him night after night try to hammer the same thing, with the same group of clueless yes men that make an appearance on his show (certain death btw) and with little or nothing positive to add, ever.

the oddball segments are pretty funny.

Comment

I dont make it a point to watch him. But now and again as im flipping through channels ill stop and wat for a minute

Comment

i kind of like him
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Re: Does anyone watch Keith Olberman?

Originally posted by WuDrWu
          I loved Keith on Sportscenter. He was dry, witty, knew his schtick and was a great partner to Dan Patrick.

Now doing the "news" on MSNBC he has fallen off the deep end. It is painfully obvious why MSNBC is getting hammered in the ratings but I am just curious if there is anyone out there that can stand to watch him night after night try to hammer the same thing, with the same group of clueless yes men that make an appearance on his show (certain death btw) and with little or nothing positive to add, ever.
          No - for the reasons you state.

Comment

The thing that bothers me the most is that he won't admit his partisanship and call himself a liberal commentator.

Here is mucho video footage of Olbermann doing what he does worst: http://newsbusters.org/taxonomy/term/185

I'll watch O'Reilly, but I'm not a fan of Hannity.
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

Hannity and Olbermann are definitely opposites.

It seems like there is also always something going on with O'Reilly and Olbermann. I heard that O'Reilly wouldn't even let his caller mention Olbermann's name and there was a big deal going on about that for a while.

Comment

I agree with Mr Oreilly on some points he has. Because they are good points.

But the dude is a pompous arsehole in every since of the word. And to many people take his word for gold.

Those people should not be allowed to reproduce.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
                  Hannity and Olbermann are definitely opposites.

It seems like there is also always something going on with O'Reilly and Olbermann. I heard that O'Reilly wouldn't even let his caller mention Olbermann's name and there was a big deal going on about that for a while.
                  I agree with Hannity politically, I just don't like his style.

Here's the story on O'Reilly vs. Olbermann
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

Love him! I like Chris Mathews better though.
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

My problem with Olberman is that, while he is witty, he is not nearly smart enough to be as pompous as he acts.

Hubris is rarely an attractive trait, even when the person holds the correct position and really does fully understand the complexities of the topic, but when a person is arrogantly dismissive of the opposite position to his own while clearly misunderstanding the arguments being made it is unbearable.

Most of the time, Olberman just sets up a straw man caricature of someone else's viewpoint, then makes fun of it, while acting like he has actually said something relevant about the actual terms of the debate, which he hasn't.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I watch the MSNBC lineup several times a week, including Morning Joe.

Although Olberman does not go out of his way to openly state his preferences, he does acknowledge them from time to time. Different slant towards one end of the political spectrum.

I heard someone refer to MSNBC and DNCTV (Democratic National Convention) in reference to Olberman. It's a fair criticism, but the thing that I like about Olberman is that he does go overboard frequently to show how ridiculous some of the things coming out of the mouths of people are, and most times he is dead on. His Worst Person in the World segment is outrageous (funny), but he is obsessed about Bill-O.

He is certainly biased towards Democrats (Obama in particular) much like Fox News has been the other way.

I can tolerate O'Reilly most of the time, but Hannity is one of the most pompous-assed individuals I've ever seen host a TV show. I feel the same way about him that WDW seems to feel about Olberman.

Olberman's ratings have actually increased pretty dramatically over the past couple of years. Bill-O still beats him 3 to 1, but that may be more of an indication of how many MAWGs (middle aged agry white guys) watch than anything else.....
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock
                          Although Olberman does not go out of his way to openly state his preferences,
                          Please tell me you are kidding. Olberman wears his opinions on his sleeve and slobbers all over them.

I don't get the left's obsession with Fox News.

Their straight news shows are not a whole different than the straight news shows on CNN and the networks.

I actually don't like the style and personalities of Fox's straight news shows. However, Britt Hume's program with the panel of Juan Williams, Fred Barnes etc. is as good as anywhere on TV, in my opinion.

Comment

The best show on any of the three 24 hour stations is This one :D
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                              The best show on any of the three 24 hour stations is This one :D

It is funnyand weird.

It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice. There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia.
                              Frank Zappa
                              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                              X