No announcement yet.

Wichita Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Eagle.... where's the VB coverage re the wins at a Temple, Uconn, USF?
    Are you trying to piss away Shocker fan support? Are you trying to go out of business? Are you trying to get me to cancel my electronic subscription?

Advertisers: demand better Shocker coverage or put your dollars into a better return.

The Eagle does not back, support, and rarely writes about the athletic programs at Wichita State.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
      Hey Eagle.... where's the VB coverage re the wins at a Temple, Uconn, USF?
      Are you trying to piss away Shocker fan support? Are you trying to go out of business? Are you trying to get me to cancel my electronic subscription?

Advertisers: demand better Shocker coverage or put your dollars into a better return.

The Eagle does not back, support, and rarely writes about the athletic programs at Wichita State.
      It is the Kansas City Eagle now. Wichita does not have a local paper anymore.

Comment

Bring back the Beacon comma space dammit!
        (although the picture of Shrek speaking to a kindergarten class will always hold a special place in my heart)
        For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
        - said no one ever...

Comment

I get a really strong feeling that the Eagle probably ran Suellentrop so they could hire some newb for less $$ and the Shox were able to offer him a better employment package than the Eagle. It does seem like they could at least have Seminoff provide SOME coverage of the Shox. They seem to be able to cover every HS within 100 miles, but can't cover the biggest sports program in this part of the state.

Someone at the Eagle needs to figure out that Wichita State is a local university and even the small town paper that the Eagle has become should be able to cover local sports. I expect the paper out of Hutch to have better coverage of the Shox than the Eagle.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

You get what you pay for as a community.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

A business reaps what it sows when it produces an inferior product.

Comment

Wichita Eagle

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Wonder if they’ll even have a ‘staffer’ at the ceremony?

Annual memorial ceremony for WSU plane crash victims is Monday

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Per Wichita Eagle Sports on Twitter, Taylor Eldridge is the new WSU beat writer starting Monday.
                    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Good for Taylor - should be a quality gig for a few years before the Eagle's death rattle concludes.

I wonder if anyone is keeping a tally of the newspapers which ceased production (print, online and both) over the last half dozen years.

Comment

Well, I hope there is still somebody left to read Taylor's articles. The Eagle (or their owners) are trying to get of the "printed word" whether they actually say it or not.

They have decided that: 1) since much of the printed paper no longer carries anything that happened after 3:00PM the previous day 2) what it does contain is less news/information and more ads and 3) they deliver it an hour or two later than they use to that the value of receiving said printed paper is worth almost a 50% increase in price. Received a notice that my next monthly billing will be over $60. I think my next bill will be much less. :grumpy:

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                          Well, I hope there is still somebody left to read Taylor's articles. The Eagle (or their owners) are trying to get of the "printed word" whether they actually say it or not.

They have decided that: 1) since much of the printed paper no longer carries anything that happened after 3:00PM the previous day 2) what it does contain is less news/information and more ads and 3) they deliver it an hour or two later than they use to that the value of receiving said printed paper is worth almost a 50% increase in price. Received a notice that my next monthly billing will be over $60. I think my next bill will be much less. :grumpy:
                          Wow!. $60/month?
                          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

We need local ownership. Wish Koch would buy the Eagle.
                            It is sad to see what continues to happen.

i think I pay 9.95 per month for digital in Wichita and only .99 per month for a few other newspapers.

Comment

The saddest part to me is watching something die that felt like it was ours. I had nothing to do with the paper, but I was proud of it. It's the same empty feeling I have when I drive by Joyland, or remember FantaSea water park. We are losing a piece or ourselves and our identity as a community and there is nothing we can do about it.

Comment

I might have already said this in this thread, but it is amazing what the Eagle has become in Wichita, contrasted with papers in other markets. I have family in Omaha, and the World-Herald still has a big building downtown and a big presence in their media market. Omaha metro is bigger than Wichita (900K vs 650K), but the difference in newspapers is like Chicago versus Salina or something.

For a long time I've felt like the Eagle has been run from a biased activist standpoint (somewhat like the newspaper equivalent to Vox or Breitbart, although not so far out as either of those examples), rather than from an unbiased observer standpoint. (Maybe less so recently.) I believe it was by design, and not accidental. When I read the World-Herald in Omaha I don't get that vibe. Anyways, when the newspaper chooses a left bent, in a metro area that is (historically) a net right bent, it seems like a very poor business decision. I think the Eagle slowly going down the toilet is just an illustration of that. Why they couldn't just make a decision to tow the neutral 50/50 line a few decades ago I will never understand. If people want news from one political perspective there are countless outlets for that; local newspapers shouldn't be trying to pretend like they are one of those.

Comment

Working...
                                X