The Best Hummus in Wichita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best Hummus in Wichita

Wichita has a huge base of Mediterranean/Lebanese restaurants in Wichita. So it's only fitting that there are plenty of options around our city for great hummus. My friends and I went on a mission to determine which place has the best hummus in Wichita.

Enjoy the latest read: http://wichitabyeb.blogspot.com/2015...n-wichita.html

After trying 15 different places, I'm never eating hummus again for the rest of the year.
    ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
    www.wichitabyeb.com

The Chicken Shawarma Hummus at Cafe Maurice is pretty much the best thing ever.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

I can't do hummus. I know people like it, or they pretend to like it because they think it's sophisticated or maybe it makes them appear enlightened, but to me, hummus is horrible. And I'm not finicky, I'll eat lots of things, oysters on the halfshell, pate', tofu and more. I just cant do hummus. I like my garbonzos whole.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
        I can't do hummus. I know people like it, or they pretend to like it because they think it's sophisticated or maybe it makes them appear enlightened, but to me, hummus is horrible. And I'm not finicky, I'll eat lots of things, oysters on the halfshell, pate', tofu and more. I just cant do hummus. I like my garbonzos whole.
        I never thought of hummus as a sophisticated or enlightening food. It is a very basic staple of the Mediterranean diet enjoyed by many people including the unsophistcated and the unenlightened (which would include myself). I will not eat oysters on the halfshell, pate', or tofu but then I am not choosing the food I eat based on whether I think it is sophisticated or enlightening. Now baba ganoush and tabouli I can do without. I like a good fatoush salad although those vary widely and there are not that many places that serve truly authentic fatoush salads. I like a good shawarma wrap if the tahini sauce is good. Bella Luna has a great fatoush and a good chicken shawarma wrap as well.

I enjoy the menu at Maurice's Café as well. Love me some kafta with hummus as a condiment and the sautéed veggies. The tilapia over lentils and rice is pretty good to.

We are blessed in Wichita to have these mostly family owned establishments at our disposal.

That said there are no doubt certain persons who don't like this type of cuisine and that is fine to.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 24, 2015, 01:39 PM.

Comment

For me, hummus is a food I can only have a little bit of (the same goes for guacamole). Much more than 5 or 6 bites and my palate is overwhelmed. I'm not sure what it is.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
            For me, hummus is a food I can only have a little bit of (the same goes for guacamole). Much more than 5 or 6 bites and my palate is overwhelmed. I'm not sure what it is.
            It all boils down to personal tastes. Now guacamole I find to be terrible bland, but I do like a good hummus. That doesn't mean one of us is right or one of us is wrong. It just means we are different and that's okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
              Much more than 5 or 6 bites and my palate is overwhelmed. I'm not sure what it is.
              Has your experience always been with store bought hummus?

The flavor and texture seem to be much different.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post

I would have to agree with that although I think some of the store bought stuff is getting better but none of it compares to a good restaurant hummus. Who know what they have to add to the store bought stuff as preservatives to maintain shelf life.

Comment

To me the experience of eating hummus is about 60% the actual hummus and 40% what you mix in to it. I enjoy going to Dillons, selecting from a wide variety of hummus, then visiting the salad bar to acquire the ingredients to send it over the edge. I enjoy mixing hummus with chicken, onion, tomato, cucumber, olive, green pepper, celery, etc...my mouth is watering...headed to Dillons.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post

I've had it all. I don't like it. I like guacamole, I don't like hummus. I'm not knocking all of you hummus eaters, it is a personal taste thing and people like all sorts of different things, too me, it's just disgusting. It probably doesn't help that my granola eating, bat **** crazy, liberal, Wicca, vegan, sister in law eats the stuff like it's some miracle food. Her attitude about life turns me off, and when she promotes a food like hummus, which I hated before I ever met her, I hate it even more.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                      I've had it all. I don't like it. I like guacamole, I don't like hummus. I'm not knocking all of you hummus eaters, it is a personal taste thing and people like all sorts of different things, too me, it's just disgusting. It probably doesn't help that my granola eating, bat **** crazy, liberal, Wicca, vegan, sister in law eats the stuff like it's some miracle food. Her attitude about life turns me off, and when she promotes a food like hummus, which I hated before I ever met her, I hate it even more.
                      So, how do you really feel about her?

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                        So, how do you really feel about her?
                        Yeah, she may be prejudice my taste a little, but I didn't like hummus long before she tried to push it on me. I've had store bought, restaurant hummus and even homemade, I don't like it. I had "authentic" hummus while overseas in the navy. Gross.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                          To me the experience of eating hummus is about 60% the actual hummus and 40% what you mix in to it. I enjoy going to Dillons, selecting from a wide variety of hummus, then visiting the salad bar to acquire the ingredients to send it over the edge. I enjoy mixing hummus with chicken, onion, tomato, cucumber, olive, green pepper, celery, etc...my mouth is watering...headed to Dillons.
                          Here's something for you to try sometime. Dillons hummus mixed with Il Vicino's red sauce.

If you like something a bit spicy, you'll love that.
                          ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
                          www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by TheYeti
                              Love hummus but hate dealing with the inevitable aftermath. Ten seconds to ****, ten minutes to wipe.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X