Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ROYALS ARE IN THE WORLD FREAKING SERIES!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Hudson starts, but with a short leash. Bumgarner may only need to pitch a few. Giants still have Lincecum, Lopez, Affeldt, and Casilla who have combined for 22 innings and 0 runs in the whole post season.

The Royals need to strike early. Coming from much behind may not be in the cards. But then, who expected the Royals to be in game 7 at the beginning of the season so anything is possible.

Comment

• Bumgardner puts so much spin on his breaker I expect he will need Tommy John by next year anyway so Boche might as well go all Dave Van Horn on him

Comment

• Bumgarner is a fraud. History will prove me right. I recommend the MLB start the investigation by looking into the possibility of a bionic arm and/or one or more laser optic eyes.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• 6-0 Royals. Book it. ;)
          The Assman

Comment

• The big thing about the Royal's and Ace Ventura's Game 6 performance was that they have totally preserved and set up the bullpen for Game 7. With 2-days rest now behind them there is no reason the Royal's couldn't extend Herrera, Davis and Holland to 2 innings each if they wanted to or needed to.

The leash will be very short indeed for Guthrie and any other Royals pitcher in the 1st half of the game and the possibility of a lot of situational pitching changes is high from both teams. Might make for a long game.

I expect the Royals will see Madison Bumgarner as some point in this game, most likely as the set up man or emergency stopper behind Tim Hudson as needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
              6-0 Royals. Book it. ;)
              Let's be realistic. Royals win 4-3 on a 2-out walk-off, inside-the-park grand slam home run by Omar Infante as he uses his patented move and runs through a stop sign at 3rd base circles to the outside of the 3rd base coach and touches home plate with the tip of his fingers on a head first slide a fraction of an inch ahead of the tag. :star:

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                Let's be realistic. Royals win 4-3 on a 2-out walk-off, inside-the-park grand slam home run by Omar Infante as he uses his patented move and runs through a stop sign at 3rd base circles to the outside of the 3rd base coach and touches home plate with the tip of his fingers on a head first slide a fraction of an inch ahead of the tag. :star:
                Also, extra innings. It's just the Royals' style right now. I fully expect to be up really late tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  You're right. I was just being too ambitious I suppose.
                  The Assman

Comment

• ~$700 is a lot of money, no doubt, but if I still lived in ICT I'd strongly consider springing for a ticket tonight.

It might be a while before a chance like this comes again...just ask a Cubs fan.

Comment

• If the Royal lose, everyone's dog better go hide.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                        If the Royal lose, everyone's dog better go hide.
                        'Cept for the Willie strokin' @JJClamdip:'s dog.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                          If the Royal lose, everyone's dog better go hide.
                          Not really. Barring an incredibly bad play happening (Buckner, Bartman, etc.), I think most people would certainly be disappointed but not suicidal or anything. I compare this to the 2013 Final Four. Had we beat Louisville and played Michigan for the title (or even our reaction of the Louisville game), people would have been sad for the loss but certainly not heartbroken and distraught. This has been one hell of a ride for the Royals, and we have one more game left to see how this finishes. I honestly don't know how I am going to react tonight to either potential outcome. If it was like last night with a blowout, I will probably just have a satisfied feeling at the end...not a bonkers-go crazy feeling. A potential walk-off certainly might send me into coronary failure.

As for the key, like I said in the Oakland wild-card game, the key will be to get a lead early and a crooked-number lead at that. A one-run lead will feel like two. A two-run will feel like three, etc. If the Royals get out to a multiple-run lead and get the crowd going nuts, then it will not look good for the Giants. If roles are reversed, I feel the Royals have a bit of a better chance to rally with a majority of 40,000+ supporting them, but it will still be tough.

Who will win the MVP? Some of that answer certainly lies with what happens tonight, but I'm wondering how that will turn out. Bumgarner certainly has it locked down if San Francisco wins. I am not sure there is a clear-cut Royal though. Like I said, a big moment tonight is magnified even more for that.

GEEZ! Is it 7 o'clock yet?!?!?!
                          78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            'Cept for the Willie strokin' @JJClamdip's dog.
                            As well as Chris Lamb. I believe Lambo is a lifelong Giants fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                              Who will win the MVP? Some of that answer certainly lies with what happens tonight, but I'm wondering how that will turn out. Bumgarner certainly has it locked down if San Francisco wins. I am not sure there is a clear-cut Royal though. Like I said, a big moment tonight is magnified even more for that.

GEEZ! Is it 7 o'clock yet?!?!?!
                              Lorenzo Cain and its not even close.

Win or lose its been a great season. In the caring department, MLB and NCAABB are interchangeable to me. I like the Chiefs but id watch a Royals game or a Shox game over it. I am a fan its just I like basketball and football more. But this has been a NICE bridge from the end of baseball to the shockers playing. Normally i sit around and pout until the Shox play. Tonights the last game and I got 2 weeks to rest up!

Comment

• Anyone else see this article? I was just mentioning to a client yesterday that I wasn't sure there was a WSU tie to the series... guess I was wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X