Redskins Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shock View Post
    Chiefs are now feeling the heat. If they are forced to change, my vote is for Kansas City. That's it. No new mascot or nick name. Just Kansas City.
    If the Chiefs and Indians names are feeling the heat, the Vikings better look at their name. The Bethany Fighting Swedes, and Ragin Cagins are suspect too.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      If the Chiefs and Indians names are feeling the heat, the Vikings better look at their name. The Bethany Fighting Swedes, and Ragin Cagins are suspect too.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
        Chiefs are now feeling the heat. If they are forced to change, my vote is for Kansas City. That's it. No new mascot or nick name. Just Kansas City.

KC can just drop the 'i' from Chiefs and replace the Indian headdresses, tomahawk chop and war chant with the following:

Comment

Oh Lord! Here we go again...

"Kevin Schooler wrote: "What floors me is that for the most part, it isn't American Indians who are offended. It is guilt-ridden white liberals being offended on their behalf. How's that for paternalism?""

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

well Kevin Schooler is ****ing moran

Comment

Redskins to undergo 'thorough' review of nickname

Comment

I don't care much either way, but being bullied into it is not cool.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  I don't care much either way, but being bullied into it is not cool.
                  If one waits too long, that's what happens. They should have figured it out a few years ago when Cleveland removed Chief Wahoo.

Comment

Has it been mentioned in this (ancient) thread yet what the literal translation of Oklahoma is?

Comment

Sounds like the NFL franchise in the Nation's capital is going to undergo a name change once again. I don't care one way or the other, but I hate to see them being bullied into a change. The team was originally know as "the Braves," but I don't seem them returning to that. Blackskins or Whiteskins or Foreskins would be okay with me.

Comment

Sounds like the NFL franchise in the Nation's capital is going to undergo a name change once again. I don't care one way or the other, but I hate to see them being bullied into a change. The team was originally know as "the Braves," but I don't seem them returning to that. Blackskins or Whiteskins or Foreskins would be okay with me.
                        They could name themselves after a tree. Makes sure the name is always utilized in singular form, because because.

Comment

actually, Warriors makes a lot of sense

Comment

The Washington Snowflakes has a nice ring to it.

But seriously, we know the woke white crowd finds it very offensive and distasteful. But what do the actual Native Americans think about it? I heard more people take pride in it than find it offensive.

Not surprising though that this comes from a city that changed their NBA team from Bullets to Wizards because... you know, horrible violence. I just can't believe the Harry Potter nerd community doesn't find it offensive to be making light of Wizards with the team name.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'm impressed with your pro football knowledge that they went by the Braves for only their first year.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                The Washington Snowflakes has a nice ring to it.

But seriously, we know the woke white crowd finds it very offensive and distasteful. But what do the actual Native Americans think about it? I heard more people take pride in it than find it offensive.

Not surprising though that this comes from a city that changed their NBA team from Bullets to Wizards because... you know, horrible violence. I just can't believe the Harry Potter nerd community doesn't find it offensive to be making light of Wizards with the team name.
                                Not working today the rains have passed, and its hot sunny and humid. I'm out the door on a bike ride so I'm actually kinda OK with snowflakes right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X