Wichita Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita Pictures

Here are some pictures I took of buildings around Wichita. I thought you guys would enjoy them.

Nice job Kaw. Well done. I'm an architecture buff (arch school 2 years) and a history buff. Although I wish you had more material to work with here in Wichita.

Comment

Nice photos. I went to the Exploration Place in 02. Really cool.

Comment

Always neat seeing older historical buildings like those. I think some of those buildings are older than the city of Phoenix. lol Architecture buff here too. Great pictures thanks for sharing! :good:
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I have taken many pictures of Wichita. I will try to post somemore in the future. I also have many of WSU as well that I will post.
          Kawwsu77

Comment

NCAA,
            There are many historic buildings in Wichita. This website has many historic pictures:www.wichitaphotos.org.

Also this website has pictures of most Wichita historic buildings: http://members.cox.net/wichitahpa/landmarks.html

My 2 favorite buildings are the Orpheum Theatre and the old city building (Wichita-Sedgwick County Historical Museum)

Comment

Originally posted by kawwsu77
              NCAA,
              There are many historic buildings in Wichita. This website has many historic pictures:www.wichitaphotos.org.

Also this website has pictures of most Wichita historic buildings: http://members.cox.net/wichitahpa/landmarks.html

My 2 favorite buildings are the Orpheum Theatre and the old city building (Wichita-Sedgwick County Historical Museum)
              I agree that Wichita has quite a few unique & historical buildings...but forgive me because I just got back from a biz trip to Chicago. I almost get run over every time I visit there because I'm gazing up or around at all of the uniqueness.

Comment

I agree the last time I went to Chicago. I went through at least 3 rolls of film. I love that city. If I could I would move there.

As young as Wichita is its history is very unique and deep. Too bad not many Wichitan's know of their city's history.

At least Wichita did not tear down all of its histoirc buildings.

Comment

I agree the last time I went to Chicago. I went through at least 3 rolls of film.
                  I'm just curious about you using 3 rolls of film in Chicago... aren't you using a digital camera? I'm probably one of the older posters here and have recently placed my 3 Nikon's (film) in moth balls. Great pictures 77... well done!
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I have not been back to Chicago for at least 5 years. I just had my digital camera for 2 years. When I go back I will definately use my digital camera.

Comment

I had the chance to perfrom in the Orpheum a couple of times.

The places is really really awesome on the inside.

Great pics kawwsu

Comment

Used to work above the Orpheum, and used to live in the Eaton.

I guess I'm just a historical dude.
                        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Might check this out: http://www.wichitaphotos.org/search.asp

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound
                            NCAA,

I agree that Wichita has quite a few unique & historical buildings...but forgive me because I just got back from a biz trip to Chicago. I almost get run over every time I visit there because I'm gazing up or around at all of the uniqueness.
                            If you like history and unique architecture Boston is tops in the nation.

I used to work in the building directly in back of the church.

Comment

Kawwsu77 could you please repost your original link? I love skylines and streetscapes. Thanks to all for the various links.
                              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X