Bobby Knight resigns from Texas Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby Knight resigns from Texas Tech

I don't know if this has been reported yet.

I hear South Carolina might have an opening.

Comment

I just heard it on the coaches show. That sucks. Especially considering we'll be playing Tech the next two seasons.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Hank Hill: Damn it, Bobby!

Comment

Any insight as to why it's a resignation effective immediately? Seems odd that he won't finish out the year.

I know many don't agree with me, but I think he's one of the greatest coaches of all time. I'd play for him in a second.

Good luck to Pat. It's worked at Drake and Wash. St. Not so much at Okie St.

Comment

I think the angry side you see of Bob Knight is a bit reckless and ecessive but he's a great great master of the game

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
              Any insight as to why it's a resignation effective immediately? Seems odd that he won't finish out the year.

I know many don't agree with me, but I think he's one of the greatest coaches of all time. I'd play for him in a second.

I agree, i think he is one of the greatest coaches of all time
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53

I agree as well. I'd like to know what brought this on though. I'll miss seeing the General work. Hopefully we'll hear something at some point.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

He's one of my all-time favorite coaches and personalities. I actually sat next to him at a game in the late 80's where he was recruiting. I visited with him on and off for over 2 hours... and he was the one starting most of the conversations. He made me feel like an equal and I've been a fan of his ever since.
                  :good:

Enjoy your much deserved retirement Mr. Knight.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Maybe he didn't agree to the home and home and when his AD or whoever told him he had to play WSU, and then actually come to Wichita as well he decided to quit as he couldn't take that kind of pressure.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I heard on ESPN he wanted to make sure that Pat got to coach the remainder of season in case there was some funny business and Pat wouldn't be considered after the season. He wanted Pat to show what he could do.

Can't you picture him getting up one morning and saying "I don't need this f'n sh** any more. Pat it's all yours. I'm going fishing. And after that I'm going to Kansas to shoot some GD birds."

Comment

The Zshare file hosting providing website had been shut down many few years ago. The new zShare website is a news blog that publishes the latest trending news on the web. So what happened to the old Zshare? As the new owner of the domain zshare.net, I honestly don’t know. The domain had not been

Coach Knight knows whats up

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                          http://www.zshare.net/audio/72077304c2e80e/
                          Here's further explaination:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
                            Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                            http://www.zshare.net/audio/72077304c2e80e/
                            Here's further explaination:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0od7spyth_I
                            That's great!

Comment

I just heard that Coach Knight will be on the Jay Leno show tonight if anyone's interested.

Also, if you happen to miss the show, it's available online a couple of days later.

Comment

Working...
                              X