This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
    Drove by this afternoon and the new School of Business is really coming together. Lots of steel in the air.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Coming soon sneak peak... "The Social Tap Drinkery"

52 taps...

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        Coming soon sneak peak... "The Social Tap Drinkery"

52 taps...

(1) Social Tap | Facebook

Comment

• It’s like heaven came down and set up a little satellite location on the WSU campus.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Comment

• That is so cool! Well done NIAR!
              Go Shocks!

Comment

• WSU Tech Pilot Program + Textron Aviation Partnership

Comment

• I was in a flight training program at WSU but they called it Air Force ROTC. Kind of a cool side to that was my final check ride was given by Mary Aikens who was the womans aerobatic champion in her long career. I know I wound up in the Corps but that is a story for another time.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• NIAR can create 475 jobs over 10 years with a $2.1 mill grant, a matching contribution from WSU, and the revenue they can generate from the military and commercial airlines. At the risk of offending some golfers, the city just gave $10 mill in future sales taxes to be used to retire debt for an indoor golf facility that may employ what? - maybe 40 people?

Between NIAR, the Aerospace Engineering program, the Innovation Campus, the School of Business, and some other top-notch departments and facilities, WSU is emerging as a significant national campus. Adding the Tech School is a great addition, as a lot of job training there competes with and surpasses salaries for some college grads.

A grad of WSU Tech is likely to be working outside or possibly in a factory without much effective heating or A/C, but a WSU grad with a degree in philosophy may find fewer (if any) employers interested in hiring them.

Comment

• Indoor golf facility?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                          NIAR can create 475 jobs over 10 years with a $2.1 mill grant, a matching contribution from WSU, and the revenue they can generate from the military and commercial airlines. At the risk of offending some golfers, the city just gave $10 mill in future sales taxes to be used to retire debt for an indoor golf facility that may employ what? - maybe 40 people?

Between NIAR, the Aerospace Engineering program, the Innovation Campus, the School of Business, and some other top-notch departments and facilities, WSU is emerging as a significant national campus. Adding the Tech School is a great addition, as a lot of job training there competes with and surpasses salaries for some college grads.

A grad of WSU Tech is likely to be working outside or possibly in a factory without much effective heating or A/C, but a WSU grad with a degree in philosophy may find fewer (if any) employers interested in hiring them.
                          Have you gone to Top Golf?

I haven’t been but I’ve seen one and it’s been described to me. Not indoor but a Top Shelf driving range ( think 3-4 stories high) with very nice amenities, bars, and plenty of alcohol and food mixed with big screen televisions, and golf practice. Think Sports Bars or Chicken and Pickle mixed with golf practice instead of Pickle Ball. A fantastic place for the local companies to schmooze with their customers. I’m sure there also are families who participate too later in the day. If Shoxlax or anyone else who has been at one of these facilities, can share more, please do, and I have no idea on how many people it employs.
                          Last edited by Shockm; July 10, 2021, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• FYI: Social Tap Drinkery and Sungrano Pizza are just special. Absolutely a grand slam concept with great food and a better than average beer list in a great atmosphere. If you haven't worked them into your rotation yet, you should do so immediately. FYI2: Their second restaurant, Wheatly's, a burger and sandwich place, will be opening by the end of August.
                            Last edited by Wuzee; July 28, 2021, 03:44 PM.
                            “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                              FYI: Social Tap Drinkery and Sungrano Pizza are just special. Absolutely a grand slam concept with great food and a better than average beer list in a great atmosphere. If you haven't worked them into your rotation yet, you should do so immediately. FYI: Their second restaurant, Wheatly's, a burger and sandwich place, will be opening by the end of August.
                              On my bucket list if I don’t ‘croak’ first.

Comment

• Been watching the construction camera and I was puzzled that they drained the holding ponds in front of the new Business school but now with all the sand they are hauling in today I think WSU is getting ready for Beach volleyball to be added to the athletic side. Seriously is that supposed to be where the proposed bridge is to be built?

Comment

Working...
                                X