This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• University relocates students to Kansas at no cost for job-training program

Participants receive paid schooling for either aviation sheet metal assembly or process mechanic painter tracks, along with a guaranteed job upon completion and potential sign-on bonuses.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      That is quite an attractive program. Someone is thinking outside the box.

• Wichita's innovation capabilities catch the eye of NASA

Comment

• Follow-up to a previous article...

WSU expands in-state tuition offer to additional cities in Midwest

https://www.wichita.edu/about/wsunew..._wsu_story.php

Comment

• Enter WuShock Sandman :

https://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/...metallica.html

Comment

• DUShock
          DUShock commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn’t need another reason to like Metallica but this nice icing on the cake.

• Has anyone heard how Dr Bardo is doing. I know they have an interim President while he recovers. What happens to his vision and drive for this university if he is unable to return. More than just a little worried about this.

Comment

• Have been wondering about this also. I did notice Mrs. Bardo at the last game, but Mr. was not with her.

Comment

• I got an answer to my question at the game. A friend who is on the WSU Tech board said Dr Bardo attended the last meeting and recovery is still a work in progress but still planning on returning soon

Comment

• Noticed a crane by the indoor practice facility at Eck and another crew dismantling the scoreboard at Cessna. Is this routine maintenance or preliminary work on both venues

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                Noticed a crane by the indoor practice facility at Eck and another crew dismantling the scoreboard at Cessna. Is this routine maintenance or preliminary work on both venues
                I’d assume the Eck project is starting, or it will very soon. The gears are definitely in motion there.

The student-athlete resource center up on the hill by CKA and Cessna is still fundraising I believe. Last I heard it was only 2/3rds-ish funded.

Comment

• I had not previously seen anything about this $5 M gift. Sounds like the new business school might be getting closer to breaking ground:

https://foundation.wichita.edu/horiz...ing-her-father
                  Last edited by Power Outlet; February 19, 2019, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• RoyalShock
                    RoyalShock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I wonder if that's the same gift reported last August. It was $5 million from an anonymous donor.

• WstateU
                    WstateU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No, I think that's a different gift. The newest Horizon magazine still lists a $5 million anonymous gift. I believe they're within $50K of reaching the original goal.

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                  Noticed a crane by the indoor practice facility at Eck and another crew dismantling the scoreboard at Cessna. Is this routine maintenance or preliminary work on both venues
                  I think this may be some work in preparation for the 2019 AAC Outdoor Track & Field Championships that Wichita State is hosting on May 10-12, 2019.

Assistant Director of Track & Field John Wise on preparations for the American Athletic Conference outdoor meet at Cessna Stadium in May:

"We have a new track, we have new surface. New javelin runway. New throwing areas. We're putting in a new scoreboard. It's going to be a video-board in there, like you would see at the baseball game or inside Koch Arena. That will enhance the viewing of the meet with results and with video and replays."

I hope Shocker fans come out in force to support this meet but that remains to be seen.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 20, 2019, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• Never been to a track meet. Looks like I will be going to my first one this spring

Comment

• ShockerDropOut
                      ShockerDropOut commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I agree pogo, might have to go watch that as well.

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I think this may be some work in preparation for the 2019 AAC Outdoor Track & Field Championships that Wichita State is hosting on May 10-12, 2019.

Assistant Director of Track & Field John Wise on preparations for the American Athletic Conference outdoor meet at Cessna Stadium in May:

"We have a new track, we have new surface. New javelin runway. New throwing areas. We're putting in a new scoreboard. It's going to be a video-board in there, like you would see at the baseball game or inside Koch Arena. That will enhance the viewing of the meet with results and with video and replays."

I hope Shocker fans come out in force to support this meet but that remains to be seen.
                    I was unaware WSU is hosting this event. Count me in!

Comment

• Good to hear that this might increase awareness for the Shocker Track & Filed team. They deserve some love.

You can find some information and follow the upcoming AAC Indoor Championships on the Men's & Women's Track and Field threads which is a good opportunity to get a feel for some of our Shocker T&F athletes.

Women's 2018-19 Track and Field Thread

Men's 2018-19 Track and Field Thread

Can't say that I'm an expert on attending track meets but I have been to enough to kind of know how they work and when we get closer to the meet in May I will post some observations about that.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 21, 2019, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• WSU Tech setting enrollment records

Comment

• WstateU
                          WstateU commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks for posting; thought about it, but never got to it. Haven't heard WSU spring enrollment numbers yet; 17,000 (est.) + 5,000 = 22,000.
                      Working...
                      X