X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    Interesting:

thesunflower.com Comment Policy

The Sunflower welcomes relevant, thoughtful, and lively discussion that adds to the conversation. (Don't be a jerk.)

This should apply both directions.

Strunk....don't be a jerk!
    Not sure if he is a jerk are just stupid. Perhaps it's better to be a jerk. That can be fixed. Hard to fix stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Not sure if he is a jerk are just stupid. Perhaps it's better to be a jerk. That can be fixed. Hard to fix stupid.
      you_can_t_fix_stupid_0.jpg

stupid.jpg

Comment

• Great article in today's Wichita Business Journal about the real and tangible positives of the Innovation Campus. ( might be subscription wall to link)

Comment

• WSU gets $12 million gift from oilman.

Wichita oil producer Wayne Woolsey and his wife, Kay, have committed a lead gift of $10 million to build a new home for the W. Frank Barton School of Business at Wichita State University. The couple also will donate $2 million to the WSU Geology Department to support field camp experiences for students and the petroleum geology program. Their $12 million gift represents the single largest cash donation ever made to Wichita State and the WSU Foundation.

- Wichita oil producer Wayne Woolsey and his wife, Kay, have committed $10 million to build a new home for the WSU's Barton School of Business.

- The couple also will donate $2 million to the WSU Geology Department.

- This $12 million gift represents the single largest cash donation ever made to Wichita State and the WSU Foundation.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          WSU gets $12 million gift from oilman.

Wichita oil producer Wayne Woolsey and his wife, Kay, have committed a lead gift of $10 million to build a new home for the W. Frank Barton School of Business at Wichita State University. The couple also will donate $2 million to the WSU Geology Department to support field camp experiences for students and the petroleum geology program. Their $12 million gift represents the single largest cash donation ever made to Wichita State and the WSU Foundation.

Whoa whoa whoa .. i was told that WSU was bankrolled by 1 person only ... And his name wasn't Woolsey ...

Comment

• RoyalShock
            RoyalShock commented
            Editing a comment
            I think if you'd examine Mr. Woolsey's bank records you'll find a $12 million deposit from Charles Koch.

/sarcasm

• Yipes Stripes Beechnut Gum!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Having received my BBA from the Business School, learning of this investment from Mr. Woolsey makes me very happy and grateful of his gift.

Comment

• Slightly different facility than the Clinton Hall I spent so much time in a few years ago.

There’s a bit of a facility war going on amongst the b-schools at the KBoR big three, and until that new building is built, WSU will be trailing the pack. Weird position to be in for the Barton School of Business, historically.

Comment

• Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Woolsey. Outstanding.

Comment

• Sunflower headline: University administrators bilk elderly couple in $12 million scam
                  “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• SHOCKvalue
                    SHOCKvalue commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Or, similarly...

White privilege buys $12M in influence at public university

Only the liberal arts are allowed to see progress at WSU. When the business or engineering schools get donations or make money through research it is sad panda.

• WstateU
                    WstateU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    https://media.giphy.com/media/7p3e2WCM0VEnm/giphy.gif

• You Pep Band aficiaonados and any of you trumpet players will like this one. Assistant WSU Professor and WSU GoCreateWSU patnered to to invest the Gapper.

Sometimes simple ideas work.

Comment

• Now this is being done, how about that name change?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                      Now this is being done, how about that name change?

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...s-with-website
                      HUGE cost to change the name, for what benefit? Some identification as a power-5 conference that we're not even in? Besides, I'd have to buy an entire new wardrobe.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Shock Top
                        Shock Top commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Perception is worth a lot.

Also, just think of the wardrobe as retro ;)

• im4wsu
                        im4wsu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Shocktop. Perception in what, other than basketball? Business school? Aviation? Music? Engineering? Volleyball? It is wonderful that basketball is currently a primary face of the university, but there are so many other parts that, frankly, generate much more direct revenue to the institution.

• And the new website is up. 1000 percent better than the antiquated look of before.

Comment

• New home page

WSU hopes new website wows prospective students — especially out-of-towners
                        https://www.kansas.com/news/local/ed...214396129.html

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                        X