This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    Two strip centers planned, with a lake between them. For whatever reason they are building the west half first, leaving the hard corner empty for the time being. Seems nonsensical, but meh... not my battle and money.
    Could it be because they don't want empty ground between areas of development? Perhaps it looks better to do it contiguously?

I'm not sure what the timeline is to start/complete the east side.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      Could it be because they don't want empty ground between areas of development? Perhaps it looks better to do it contiguously?
      Could be.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
        OK on the way out to the tailgate party tonight there is more steel going up just east of the new Starbucks and new signage Braeburn Square. I thought Braeburn Square was to be more closely located on Oliver rather than 21st street. Or is this another building of the innovative campus.
        Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        Two strip centers planned, with a lake between them. For whatever reason they are building the west half first, leaving the hard corner empty for the time being. Seems nonsensical, but meh... not my battle and money.
        Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
        We could start rumors that Bass Pro Shop or The Cheesecake Factory is coming to the Innovation Campus. Or the Bass CheeseProCake Kreme Factory-Fil-A Shop...
        Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I'm not sure what the timeline is to start/complete the east side.
        Development group greenlights commercial expansion at WSU

By Josh Heck *–* Reporter, Wichita Business Journal
        Jul 18, 2017, 14:40pm

Additional commercial development is in the works for Wichita State University’s innovation campus.
        Developers are moving forward with plans to construct two mixed-use commercial buildings near 21st Street North and Oliver. One of the buildings will be 12,000 square feet, while the other will be around 10,000 square feet.
        This is the next phase of the larger Braeburn Square development along 21st from Mike Oatman Drive east toward Oliver.
        Information about tenants isn’t being made public yet, though the sites are being touted as retail and restaurant space.
        Bradley Tidemann, a commercial broker with J.P. Weigand & Sons Inc., is handling the leasing.
        He says the two buildings will face east and overlook a pond that was part of the golf course and will be expanded as part of the beautification of Braeburn Square.
        Site work is underway, with construction starting on the buildings in August or September.
        A bridge will be constructed across the pond to connect this phase with a third phase of the development, plans for which call for two 18,500-square-foot mixed-use buildings. A master plan also includes space for a 20,000-square-foot retail building closer to the southwest corner of 21st and Oliver.
        BGC, a development entity that stands for Braeburn Golf Course, is developing the property. That entity consists of Dave Murfin, Nestor Weigand, Ivan Crossland, Steven Barrett and Rick Worner. Murfin, Weigand, Crossland and Barrett also are partners in MWCB LLC, the development entity behind several innovation campus projects, including The Flats at WSU apartments and a partnership building that is being constructed near WSU’s experiential engineering building.

Show Full Article (Subscribe Now)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Enrollment for fall increased (though only a slight increase in credit hours) , but what is impressive to me is the I-35 corridor enrollment growing by 38% With more updated on-campus living available, Innovation Campus, AAC, and with the upcoming WATC merger, I believe we'll see enrollment continue to grow for some time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
            Enrollment for fall increased (though only a slight increase in credit hours) , but what is impressive to me is the I-35 corridor enrollment growing by 38% With more updated on-campus living available, Innovation Campus, AAC, and with the upcoming WATC merger, I believe we'll see enrollment continue to grow for some time.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/edu...176231576.html
            That darn President Bardo...
            The Assman

Comment

• Now this is what you call Pizza Hut Delivery.

Looks like it will be located just south of Eck Stadium

Comment

• BizTalk with Bill Roy Podcast Episode 24: Sheree Utash, Wichita Area Technical College

"Sheree Utash, president of the Wichita Area Technical College, let us know that the Higher Learning Commission has approved WATC's partnership with Wichita State University.

Utash will become a WSU employee, and be in charge of a new entity: The WSU Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology."

Comment

• BizTalk with Bill Roy Podcast Episode 24: Sheree Utash, Wichita Area Technical College

"Sheree Utash, president of the Wichita Area Technical College, let us know that the Higher Learning Commission has approved WATC's partnership with Wichita State University.

Utash will become a WSU employee, and be in charge of a new entity: The WSU Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology."

https://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/...letter&ed= 2017-11-10&u=rnSD5rbbJoSUsu0S68N%2BcXLtwFi&t=1510 3 24702&j=79149331

Comment

• Founders of Koch-backed private school ‘blown away’ by interest

Comment

• pogo
                      pogo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      When I first saw this idea about the school I was ok with the idea. With this newest announcement I am not as enthused as I once was about its placement at WSU.
                      Questions I have are:
                      Amount of space it will take from other future expansion
                      Security for private school.
                      Increased negative exposure

• WSU Innovation Campus is a ‘mindset,’ not a place – and that’s raising questions

Comment

• The IC is all roses until they dare enter into a business arrangement with those awful Koch libertarians.

intellectual nincompoopery at its best.

Comment

• Not sure if we had a separate topic about The Sunflower budget cuts, but looks like they could use some more cuts.

Wichita State had a chance to beat Houston and play for a shot at the American Athletic Conference tournament title and an improved seed in the national tournament. With six seconds on the clock and trailing a single point, 75-74, the Shockers had more than enough time to put themselves in position for a game-winning...

Comment

• ShockerDropOut
                          ShockerDropOut commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Wow. I hated to hear about the prospects of cuts to the Sunflower. This has changed my mind completely. The world just doesn't need any more trash journalists like this.

• Dan
                          Dan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          They left out the part about how he received the touchdown pass and layup to clinch the game against Cincy.

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                        Not sure if we had a separate topic about The Sunflower budget cuts, but looks like they could use some more cuts.

https://thesunflower.com/25829/opini...austin-reaves/
                        What a hack job.
                        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post

What a hack job.
                          Needs a square kick to the grapes.

Comment

• Interesting:

thesunflower.com Comment Policy

The Sunflower welcomes relevant, thoughtful, and lively discussion that adds to the conversation. (Don't be a jerk.)

This should apply both directions.

Strunk....don't be a jerk!

Comment

Working...
                          X