Chan Gailey New Chiefs OC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chan Gailey New Chiefs OC

This is the official Kansas City Chiefs Facebook fan page. For more information go to http://www.chiefs.com.

I surely think its a big upgrade from Solari. When he is a OC, the lowest ranking a team of his have had is ranked 16
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Here's a link on his tenure as Captain of the Cowboy's ship.

1998 10-6
    1999 8-8
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Bad choice, good offense line coach but not offense coordinator :posterwsu: 8) 8)
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
        Bad choice, good offense line coach but not offense coordinator :posterwsu: 8) 8)

I guess you haven't read his bio:

During his 14 previous seasons in the NFL, Gailey teams have made the playoffs 11 times, including his last eight seasons in the league. In addition, Gailey has coached in the Super Bowl on four occasions. With Gailey serving as offensive coordinator in ‘96, Pittsburgh ranked second in the NFL in rushing, averaging 143.7 yards per game. The following season under Gailey, the Steelers led the league in rushing, pounding out 154.9 yards per game. During the ‘97 campaign, Pittsburgh ranked sixth in the NFL in total offense (346.4 ypg) and was seventh in scoring (23.3 ppg).

Owning an extensive resume of offensive success, Gailey owns a total of 14 years of NFL coaching experience, including eight seasons as either a head coach or an offensive coordinator. Gailey’s teams qualified for the playoffs seven times during those eight seasons and boasted a 1,000-yard rusher in seven of those campaigns.

Yea, he's just another Mike Solari.... :roll:
        "You can observe a lot just by watching."
        -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Any change would be an improvement.

Comment

I'm still not pleased with this...
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
              I'm still not pleased with this...
              I think he'll be good, but be prepared for "Marty Ball" style. Gailey is known for a great rushing attack. Perhaps this signing shows that we'll go after a OLineman in the 1st/2nd round.
              "You can observe a lot just by watching."
              -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I never had a problem with Mary Ball. We won games then and were always competitive. I was hoping the Chiefs would go another direction but I'll hope for the best.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

This team has got more issues than a questionable Offensive Coordinator. Hell, you could have Belichick coach this team and it'd still suck. What we need are players dammit.

We need another top flight receiver to compliment Bowe. We need two shut down corners, we need one interior D-lineman to squash the run, we could use another solid linebacker and four new offensive lineman. I'm in a holding pattern with Croyle. Give him a line another receiver and a healthy LJ then maybe he'll be able to shine.

Gotta have the "cars" in order to win the race and Mr. Gailey won't have them next year.

Comment

I have to admit that I was hoping for Shula, but I think Gailey is an outstanding hire. He got no respect for what he did at Georgia Tech (6 bowls in 6 seasons at a so-so school).

I think his style of offense is exactly what Herm is looking for.

Chan is the Man.

Herm is the Worm.

Comment

Working...
                    X