No announcement yet.

World Cup 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo, we aren't out yet. We can hang with Netherlands. This isn't a Wales vs England matchup.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• If we should surprise people and beat the Netherlands, we would want to pull for Poland today to win or draw and Australia today to win or draw. That would pit them against each other in the Round of 16, with the winner of Netherlands-USA facing the winner of Poland-Australia in the quarters.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        This isn't a Wales vs England matchup.
        Dude! Too soon
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Another thing that I don't think's been mentioned is the fact that we have no yellow card accumulation keeping a player out vs. the Dutch. Very helpful.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Dude! Too soon
            I tried to give you a hint with the unicorn post. I felt bad for you, so I didn't want to completely squash your hope. But Wales was never going to stand up to England, in any of the Marvel multiverse scenarios you could dream up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
              Another thing that I don't think's been mentioned is the fact that we have no yellow card accumulation keeping a player out vs. the Dutch. Very helpful.
              Speaking of, do you know of a good web page to show yellow card accumulation tracking, per team?

Comment

Speaking of, do you know of a good web page to show yellow card accumulation stats, per team?
                World Cup Fantasy yellow card stats - who's nearing a one-match ban and what are the rules for yellow card suspensions?

This was the best I could find so far.

Comment

World Cup Fantasy yellow card stats - who's nearing a one-match ban and what are the rules for yellow card suspensions?

This was the best I could find so far.
                  As long as it's current, this is very helpful!

Comment

• I hated it when we packed it in for the last 25 minutes of the match yesterday, but after sleeping on it, it is REALLY upsetting to me now.

Berhalter is probably thinking it was a smart moved because it worked, so he's likely to repeat that decision, but in reality he nearly gave the game away. Thank goodness we have the talent to cover the coach's bad decision.

Comment

I tried to give you a hint with the unicorn post. I felt bad for you, so I didn't want to completely squash your hope. But Wales was never going to stand up to England, in any of the Marvel multiverse scenarios you could dream up.
                      I knew it was a long shot. My hope was that they could manage to keep England from scoring and find a way to get one on a lucky counter attack or something. Wales has a few guys, but they lack the depth to compete at that level. It was still cool to see them in for the first time in my life and I hope they can build off of that and find a way in '26 to get back.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• This seems to be a good site to track live stats: https://www.sofascore.com/tournament...d/world-cup/16

Comment

I hated it when we packed it in for the last 25 minutes of the match yesterday, but after sleeping on it, it is REALLY upsetting to me now.

Berhalter is probably thinking it was a smart moved because it worked, so he's likely to repeat that decision, but in reality he nearly gave the game away. Thank goodness we have the talent to cover the coach's bad decision.
                          This may be a No **** comment. I'm sure you are aware that I'm not a Soccer strategy guy, but my common sense says that Berhalter probably felt like our defense was our strong suit, especially without Pusilic (who I think I remember analysts saying he was our best offensive player). I'm interested in your comment (POV) above.

Comment

• Tunisia scoring is a good thing. As long as they hold on and/or Australia ties Denmark, we are happy with that result.

Again, a long ways before we could even think about playing a QF game, but worth noting.

Comment

Tunisia scoring is a good thing. As long as they hold on and/or Australia ties Denmark, we are happy with that result.
                              All good, but still ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

This may be a No **** comment. I'm sure you are aware that I'm not a Soccer strategy guy, but my common sense says that Berhalter probably felt like our defense was our strong suit, especially without Pusilic (who I think I remember analysts saying he was our best offensive player). I'm interested in your comment (POV) above.
                                Bah, my response turned into something very long winded. Maybe I should just PM you on this?

Comment

Working...
                                X