No announcement yet.

World Cup 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know much about ECU's defense, but their offense is fun to watch!
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• TIE GAME!!!

Comment

• NOOOoooooooooooooooo....

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Not until Iran won. After England squashes all three of us, if the rest of us would have tied, it would be a three way tie for 2nd with goal differentials being the decider. Assuming we show well today, we would have been in good position in that scenario.

Also, if Iran had tied, then a tie with England today probably would have punched our ticket. But even tying England today won't help us get through now.

Now we have to beat England or Iran.
          So we could have advanced going 0-1-2? Smh. If you cant win a game do you really deserve to advance?
          Go Shocks!

Comment

• TIE GAME!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              TIE GAME!!!!!!
              This one stands!

Comment

• Ecuador has been the clear superior side for the last 35 minutes or so. Fun game to watch and their give and go short passing game is a joy to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  Ecuador has been the clear superior side for the last 35 minutes or so. Fun game to watch and their give and go short passing game is a joy to watch.
                  So fun to watch!!

Comment

• Oh man the Netherlands are incredibly fortunate not to be trailing by a goal, or even 2 at this point.

Kind of interesting to see their fans yell for "Holland".

Comment

• A lot of head scratching going on among the Dutch coaches. hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        I'm going back to sleep so I'm not falling asleep during the USvEngland match. Waking up for Wales seems stupid now after watching that crap. No wonder it's been 64 years
                        They were down a player which didn't help. For a country with a population of 3 million, the fact they qualified is impressive. Not to mention they managed a draw against the US.
                        Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• I thought NED would win this by one. GREAT outcome for ECU, though they actually deserved the W the way they played.

Comment

• I missed the end of the first half but saw the replay of the goal by Equador that was nullified by offside. The person who kicked the ball wasn't offside? It was due to another player. Was it a foul because he was involved in the play somehow?
                            Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Is it?

I don't understand. We need to beat someone to advance. We always did. At least now we don't need to rely on something goofy, or be scared of a scoreless treaty between England and Wales (seemed possible to me).

Even if we lose to England today (expected), as long as it's not a horrible blowout, we should be in position to advance with a win over Iran, correct? Iran would have 3 points and we'd have 4 and unless Wales beats England (highly unlikely), Wales would have 1 or 2.
                              Yeah, I rethought about that shortly after posting. You’re correct. And if we can’t beat Iran we don’t deserve to go through to the knockout stage.

As weird as it sounds, as long as we beat Iran and Wales don’t do something crazy against England, we’re in.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• USA! USA! USA!

OlaAAAAY OLE OLE Olaaay

Olaaay, oOOooolaaay!

[but get the lube out just in case]

Comment

Working...
                                X