No announcement yet.

Top KS Girls Basketball Player And Iowa Commit In Serious Condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know how old Hunter and Trey Jones are?

Comment

Another article with some updates. The bottom of the article contains video of the Honor Walk that WuShock16 mentioned. I don't have audio, but the visual itself is tough, knowing what it's all about. Seeing youngest sons face as they move dad towards the elevator.... I'm trying to hold it together at work.

KAKE - Kansas mom and daughter improving, dad donates organs after being hit by car

In an update posted Tuesday on the public Facebook group Jones Family Updates, the admin gave an update from the hospital.

"Amy and Ava are still making improvements," the update says. "Amy is having multiple surgeries on broken bones in her arm and leg... Ava’s making it very clear that she’s ready to wake up but doctors want to keep her sedated and on a vent to let her heal a bit more..."

Trey, a teacher and the head track and field coach at Nickerson High School, donated his organs Sunday night. His oldest son, Hunter, streamed a live video of his dad's "honor walk," a ceremony in the hospital in which the donor patient is taken from intensive care to the operating room for organ recovery. A chance for loved ones to say goodbye.

The Facebook group admin's post says Amy has received bone from another donor. She's been moving and opening her eyes. Ava remains sedated.

"If you know Ava personally, it should come as no surprise that she’s a fighter in every way," the post says. "She’s almost taken out a couple of nurses while they were working with her and giving her commands! All the nurses are commenting on how feisty she is ... we’re hoping any day now she’ll start coming out of it."

The Nickerson school district said a fund entitled "The Jones Family Fund" has been set up at the People's Bank in Hutchinson. A GoFundMe for the family had raised nearly $105,000 as of Tuesday afternoon.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        Another article with some updates. The bottom of the article contains video of the Honor Walk that WuShock16 mentioned. I don't have audio, but the visual itself is tough, knowing what it's all about. Seeing youngest sons face as they move dad towards the elevator.... I'm trying to hold it together at work.

KAKE - Kansas mom and daughter improving, dad donates organs after being hit by car

That was very difficult to watch; thank you for posting it.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
          I watched the video of Mr. Jones’s honor walk (since his organs are being donated). Absolutely gut-wrenching, especially seeing his sons (?) following their dad to the elevator.

Yeah that's brutal. A friend of mine had that for his son.....can't take it.

Comment

More positives

KAKE - Kansas mom and daughter breathing on their own after being hit by car

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (KAKE) - A Kansas mother and daughter were off ventilators and breathing on their own just over a week after they, along with two more members of their family, were hit by a car in Kentucky.

A post in a Facebook group providing updates about the Jones family says Amy and Ava were off ventilators on Wednesday. Amy, the mother, mouthed "thank you" to a nurse, who "had to leave the room to pull herself together," the post says.

"So many lives have been impacted by this senseless tragedy."

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Sounds like Amy and Ava will be moved back to Kansas in the near future for rehab.

Hutch News - Ava Jones and her mother Amy are taken off ventilators as their conditions improve

“Amy has improved significantly,” Jones said. “From the beginning, we didn’t know for sure if she was going to recover fully, but she’s doing just fine.”

Both are also responding to people who visit their rooms, she said.

The plan is to transfer both women back to Kansas for continued treatment when it is safe for them to travel, Jones said.
              Last edited by RoyalShock; July 15, 2022, 08:59 AM. Reason: Fixed quote.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

KWCH - Family says Ava, Amy Jones to move out of ICU

WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) - Nickerson basketball star Ava Jones and her mother Amy, who have been hospitalized in Louisville, Ky. for two weeks after being hit by a car while standing on a sidewalk, will move out of the intensive care unit this week. The news comes from Kate Honas, the sister of Amy and Ava’s aunt.

Honas wrote on Facebook that Ava is moving out of ICU on Wednesday and that Amy could be transferred Thursday. They’re both due to continue receiving care at the University of Louisville’s Frazier Rehab Center. Honas wrote that the family hopes Ava and Amy can return to Kansas to continue rehabilitation within the next few weeks. They are using money donated to the family via GoFundMe to cover the eventual return to Kansas.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

KSN - Over $17,000 raised by Spangles for Kansas family hit by car

Over $17,000 have been raised for Ava Jones, a Nickerson High School basketball star, and her family to help them through their continued recovery. Spangles had a goal of $10,000 but was able to surpass this largely thanks to their location in Topeka at 635 NW Hwy 24.

Melissa Hennen, Spangles Marketing Director, told 27 News that a check will be presented to the youngest and oldest brothers of Ava along with their grandfather on August 3 at the Spangles located at 612 S. Broadway in Wichita at 2:45 p.m.
                  Here's the GoFundMe if anyone is interested in chipping in a few more dollars. I know insurance will pick up a lot of costs, but between the medical bills, the funeral, the rehab and who knows what else will be needed as Amy continues to recover and who knows when she can go back to work.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

KSN - Field night in the works to benefit Jones family

This year the students, with the help of Evans, decided to run the field night back. This time to benefit the Jones family.

“Food trucks, the radio station will be there with music, and just lots of yard games out, nine-square cornhole tournament, and just overall a great night,” Estes said.

The field night will also have a raffle. All proceeds from gate fees and the raffle will go to the Jones family.

“I think it’s awesome that we’re able to come together as a community and raise money for the good, to show people that they are loved, and people care for them, no matter if they if we know them personally or not,” Wilson said.

The field night is scheduled for Saturday, Aug. 13, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Don Michael Field in Hutchinson.

If you are interested in volunteering or donating, you can reach Evans at (620) 474-2723.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

KSN - Over $17,000 raised by Spangles for Kansas family hit by car

Here's the GoFundMe if anyone is interested in chipping in a few more dollars. I know insurance will pick up a lot of costs, but between the medical bills, the funeral, the rehab and who knows what else will be needed as Amy continues to recover and who knows when she can go back to work.
                      Yeah, would love to see this get some legs. Trust me, $17K is already long, long gone.

Comment

The GoFundMe is up to around $140K, with a goal of $200K. Don't know how much the Hutch field night might raise. Every little bit counts.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

The GoFundMe is up to around $140K, with a goal of $200K. Don't know how much the Hutch field night might raise. Every little bit counts.
                          Awesome, thank you!

Comment

Hawkeye Report - Ava Jones and her mom headed home soon

The latest update is another step in the right direction, as Ava and Amy are set to move back to Kansas. It was first reported by Grace Hayba of WDRB News in Louisville, and I was able to confirm that report with Ava’s brother Hunter.

“The goal is the 17th (of August),” said Hunter via text message. “Going to get them into an outpatient rehab facility in Wichita.”

This will allow family members to move back home after an extended stay in Louisville, as well as allow other friends and family in Kansas to visit Ava and her mother. Wichita is just an hour drive from Nickerson, where the Jones family lives, while Louisville is over 700 miles away.

“They are progressing well and have been working hard every day in their rehab. The injuries are healing, but it will be longer for my mothers because of all the orthopedic injuries she has.”

Back on July 21st, Hunter posted a video on Facebook of Ava shooting hoops on a mini basketball hoop on one of her first days of rehab with the caption “Ava already back to what she does best”.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

KAKE - 'Every bit counts': Jones family shares update as community rallies behind them

Hunter Jones said that Ava’s prognosis is looking much better, with the basketball star more than likely expected to be able to walk on her own by their expected return August 17.

Hunter Jones also broke the news of his father’s death to both his mother and his sister.

“Mom, it was hard for her for a few days she's brightened up a lot." said Hunter Jones. "I told Ava too. She knows but she can't necessarily comprehend it as well."

Hunter Jones said that Ava’s struggle is linked to a traumatic brain injury she sustained during the crash. He said he can tell she’s sad, but that he’s thankful his sister is alive and that his family is thankful for their community’s support.

“Every bit counts so, and we can't thank them enough for everything,” said Hunter Jones.

Another positive update to share as well, Hunter said the University of Iowa, where Ava committed to playing basketball has offered her a full ride scholarship regardless of the outcome of her recovery.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

This story is just so sad. A families world changed in a blink of an eye. All because a drug using POS was too tired to turn the steering wheel on his car.

Continued prayers for the family.

Comment

Working...
                                X