Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    Eagle - Top Texas cop: Uvalde police response was 'abject failure'

Yup, it's just crazy lefties and the libertarian types that "hate" cops that see the Uvalde PD as a complete cluster****. Certainly other LEO's can justify the complete ineptitude that was on display...

You make that crazy claim while posting the full definition of the failure. Pete Arredondo. Not the Uvalde PD. The dumb**** in charge. You honestly believe if he had given the go 3 mins after the gunman had gone in, that the officers would have refused? Because that is what it sounds like you are saying. And that is just crazy leftist make stuff up propaganda.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

You make that crazy claim while posting the full definition of the failure. Pete Arredondo. Not the Uvalde PD. The dumb**** in charge. You honestly believe if he had given the go 3 mins after the gunman had gone in, that the officers would have refused? Because that is what it sounds like you are saying. And that is just crazy leftist make stuff up propaganda.
      Last I checked Arredondo was employed as an LEO, and in honor of the concept of chain of command all other LEO's on scene happily followed him after he figuratively jumped off a cliff. Apparently if Arredondo ordered everyone on scene to dress up as Barney the Dinosaur and cut off their penises in unison that would have happened as well.

Sheep go BAA.

Comment

• what's in it

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Last I checked Arredondo was employed as an LEO, and in honor of the concept of chain of command all other LEO's on scene happily followed him after he figuratively jumped off a cliff. Apparently if Arredondo ordered everyone on scene to dress up as Barney the Dinosaur and cut off their penises in unison that would have happened as well.

Sheep go BAA.
          I’m pretty sure an active shooter situation is different than the two you described, and will say “you got me there” in hopes you’ll take your childish generalizations and have your mommy get you a bowl of ice cream.

You are very special.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

I’m pretty sure an active shooter situation is different than the two you described, and will say “you got me there” in hopes you’ll take your childish generalizations and have your mommy get you a bowl of ice cream.

You are very special.
            I'll eat my ice cream while I watch your Baghdad Bob impersonation. How about that?

Comment

Eagle - Report: Police in Uvalde had rifles earlier than known

The more we learn about the response, the more we learn about the complete and utter failure of the police in Uvalde and you can't help but wonder how many of those that died may have survived had the police acted like they should have, and we're constantly told they do/will.
              I believe I made a reasonable argument against police based on this hypothetical. The police do not protect you against assault/property crime, but they might just arrest someone for possession.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• I have worked in public safety my entire adult life. Sometimes it is necessary to risk your life for others. That is the nature of the job. Chief Arredondo apparently forgot this, or never knew it, I don't know which. I would say that he was unqualified as an incident commander based on his actions. I didn't work in law enforcement, but I can count on one hand the number of individuals I worked with that would not have entered that classroom given the chance. It was a tragedy made infinitely worse by incompetence at the highest level.
                Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
                  I have worked in public safety my entire adult life. Sometimes it is necessary to risk your life for others. That is the nature of the job. Chief Arredondo apparently forgot this, or never knew it, I don't know which. I would say that he was unqualified as an incident commander based on his actions. I didn't work in law enforcement, but I can count on one hand the number of individuals I worked with that would not have entered that classroom given the chance. It was a tragedy made infinitely worse by incompetence at the highest level.
                  They/he actually took the gun away from one of the officers that was ready to go in on his own.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I believe I made a reasonable argument against police based on this hypothetical. The police do not protect you against assault/property crime, but they might just arrest someone for possession.
                    Originally posted by wufan View Post

They/he actually took the gun away from one of the officers that was ready to go in on his own.
                    The commander will likely lose his job (and rightly so).

The police person he took the gun away was going in.

The officer that shot the shooter, got there late, but went in on his own.

Everyone else was following orders.

All we really know is that your argument was right on one and not so with two. Everyone else is canceled out by the commander.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I don't think this is quite accurate. Police arrest people for committing assault and property crimes and the recidivism rates are sky high. So even though they obviously can't be at practically any assault/property crime when it occurs (which is your point), arresting them after the fact DOES protect OTHER people from future crimes that would have occurred if they had not been arrested.
                      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I don't think this is quite accurate. Police arrest people for committing assault and property crimes and the recidivism rates are sky high. So even though they obviously can't be at practically any assault/property crime when it occurs (which is your point), arresting them after the fact DOES protect OTHER people from future crimes that would have occurred if they had not been arrested.
                        Until they're released and the cops refused to enforce restraining orders, which does and has happened.

I think the point is, police as a whole don't do a lot of protecting as it's not really a part of their job and they're under zero legal obligation to do so.

Police Departments are mostly for investigating crimes that already happened and revenue generation. They're much more successful at generating revenue than solving crimes these days.

Clearance rates in 2020:

Murder: 54%
                        Assault: 46%
                        Violent Crime: 42%
                        Rape: 31%
                        Robbery: 29%
                        Arson: 22%
                        Larceny: 15%
                        Property Crime: 15%
                        Burglary: 14%
                        Vehicle Theft: 12%

These numbers were actually worse than I expected. If rape kits were actually tested, that one may go up.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Sub and Wufan are at the very least somewhat anti-police (I don't mean to put words in your mouth, but that is what I read), or critical, or mistrusting, or don't see the need for them on a lot of occasions. I tried to cover the list of possible descriptions that would be correct.

I will just say that if we had cities with police and cities without police, I'd live in the city with police, and appreciate their service.

Comment

• Nobody says to do without police.

What we do say is stop letting them hide behind badges for abuse or even bad decisions. You want more faith in or trust in police? Have some accountability. That's all we ask for. I'm far from anti-police. I am however anti police abuse and getting away with infringing upon the rights of the people. Those officers may be in the minority, but they still happen way too often and they're protected which allows them to continue abusing their authority.

Though I guess if holding public servants accountable makes me anti public servant, I guess I'm anti-police. Even though I've talked with a number of cops who agree with most of my takes on many issues because they don't blindly support everything LEO, I must be anti-police. There are good officers in it for the right reasons. But law enforcement as a whole has a perception problem because they continually go out of their way to circle the wagons and protect nearly every abusive scumbag that wears a badge. Those that make being a police officer more difficult because they're assholes that don't really care about your rights or the law are protected. Fix that, and being a police officer is a lot less difficult.

If I was shitty at my job and treated people like ****, I'd be out of a job. If I wear a badge and do it, I get advancement opportunities and pay raises.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Nobody says to do without police.

What we do say is stop letting them hide behind badges for abuse or even bad decisions. You want more faith in or trust in police? Have some accountability. That's all we ask for. I'm far from anti-police. I am however anti police abuse and getting away with infringing upon the rights of the people. Those officers may be in the minority, but they still happen way too often and they're protected which allows them to continue abusing their authority.

Though I guess if holding public servants accountable makes me anti public servant, I guess I'm anti-police. Even though I've talked with a number of cops who agree with most of my takes on many issues because they don't blindly support everything LEO, I must be anti-police. There are good officers in it for the right reasons. But law enforcement as a whole has a perception problem because they continually go out of their way to circle the wagons and protect nearly every abusive scumbag that wears a badge. Those that make being a police officer more difficult because they're assholes that don't really care about your rights or the law are protected. Fix that, and being a police officer is a lot less difficult.

If I was shitty at my job and treated people like ****, I'd be out of a job. If I wear a badge and do it, I get advancement opportunities and pay raises.
                              If you posted this before Ferguson in 2014 I agree with 70% of what you posted. In todays world what you posted is about 5% correct . Your perception of the problem is about 8 years behind the reality in 2022.

Comment

Nobody says to do without police.

I would just add that it is necessary for an individual to protect him/herself and their property. Relying on the police for PROTECTION is a bad idea. Laws that take away your right to legally defend yourself in any situation are a bad idea.

That doesn’t mean that police can’t do better protecting us. Posting police in at risk neighborhoods would go a long way. With that, however, we need to decriminalize victimless crimes as much as possible.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X