X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man Finds Diamond Ring Worth $40,000 On The Beach And Happily Returns It

Joseph Cook, 37, found the ring while combing Hammock Beach in St Augustine, St Johns County using his metal detector.

The video shows Cook digging the ring out of the sand.

"No way, man, woah, look at that bad boy, holy crap, yo that's real, I swear to god this is the biggest diamond I ever found on the beach!" he says in the video.

Cook went to the jewelers and they told him it was worth $40,000.

"I just said, 'oh God that's been sitting in my scooter for almost a week', I couldn't believe it," he said.

He immediately posted the video footage to his social media channels and called local jewellery stores looking for people who may have lost rings.
    How many people would have been tempted to capitalize off of something so expensive? It would be hard not to think about something like that. Sounds like it's not in this guys nature and that's a beautiful thing.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Not a new story, but one that makes me smile every year.

Year 7.

Grandma And Man She Accidentally Texted Spend 7th Thanksgiving Together

An accidental text message has led to a Thanksgiving tradition that is now continuing into its seventh year.

On Tuesday, Jamal Hinton confirmed on social media that he spent Thanksgiving with Wanda Dench, who in 2016 thought she was texting her grandson to invite him to Thanksgiving when she actually texted Hinton.

"From year 1 as strangers, to year 7 as family but now BUSINESS PARTNERS!" Hinton captioned this year's post, which included an ad for BlackMP water.

In 2016, Hinton was 17 years old when he received the accidental text from Dench.

Hinton has documented the holiday each year since on his social media.

It's a story many people look forward to seeing on Thanksgiving.
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        Not a new story, but one that makes me smile every year.

Year 7.

Grandma And Man She Accidentally Texted Spend 7th Thanksgiving Together
        Isn't the act of breaking bread together such a powerful thing? These lives have been changed forever for the better because she invited him to join her family for a meal. I just love this story.
        78-65

Comment

Adrenaline is crazy

Teen Lifts a Truck to Free His Trapped Father: 'My Son is My Hero' (WATCH)

A 15-year-old is being hailed as a hero after lifting a truck that had fallen on his father’s chest.

The brakes on the truck that Matthew Wilkinson uses for work needed immediate repair last Monday and, fortunately, his son had come out to the garage and agreed to help his dad.

As Mr. Wilkinson tried to take off the rotor, he found it was stuck and needed a better angle for leverage, so he slid his body underneath the truck

“The second it popped off, the truck fell,” he told KCRA news. “All I could think about was the breath coming out of me. I was just squished. I couldn’t talk. I couldn’t yell.”

Dalin Wilkinson, a freshman in high school, told the news team it was “crazy” scary.

“I heard him make a noise like his soul was leaving his body.”

Dalin tried as hard as he could to lift it just enough to get him out—and the adrenaline of the moment helped him succeed.

While the Oakdale, California dad was in the hospital being treated for a punctured lung and broken ribs, he couldn’t figure out how he was able to get free—until he later checked the surveillance camera.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
          X