NFL 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL 2021

So does anyone know if tomorrow is a one off, or has the NFL finally decided that all markets can now get 2 noon and 2 3pm games every week? Maybe I'm just being teased by the program guide......

I haven't heard anything but would guess it's a week 1 thing only.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

No.

The 'double' double header is usually done the last week of the season. Maybe first and last week this year.

Comment

Chiefs need to get that D fixed. It's rather vulnerable against the run.

Then, right after that work on getting some good play from their Tackles so Mahommes ain't running all over the field.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
          Chiefs need to get that D fixed. It's rather vulnerable against the run.

Then, right after that work on getting some good play from their Tackles so Mahommes ain't running all over the field.
          Seriously. The "revamped" OL is atrocious. To be fair there have been injury issues, but man it is bad!

Don't even get me started on the defense. The run defense and secondary are REALLY poor! But hey, Josh Gordon is on the way. Should have gone all in to sign or trade for Gilmore when the Pats let him go.

Comment

What that game showed was that if your people are good enough, you can control Mahomes and Hill without blitzing. Expect to see more of that

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Seriously. The "revamped" OL is atrocious. To be fair there have been injury issues, but man it is bad!

Don't even get me started on the defense. The run defense and secondary are REALLY poor! But hey, Josh Gordon is on the way. Should have gone all in to sign or trade for Gilmore when the Pats let him go.
              Should have signed Gilmore within an hour of being released. Thought they would.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                What that game showed was that if your people are good enough, you can control Mahomes and Hill without blitzing. Expect to see more of that
                Your point is correct, but that tactic was unveiled last February.

Comment

Should have signed Gilmore within an hour of being released. Thought they would.
                  I think they would have,except they have salary cap issues this year. Spending on the o-line left money pretty tight at Arrowhead.
                  Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    So does anyone know if tomorrow is a one off, or has the NFL finally decided that all markets can now get 2 noon and 2 3pm games every week? Maybe I'm just being teased by the program guide......
                    Why the heck didn’t you just ask me? I just now saw this.

This used to be saved for last week because in a 17 week season, you need a double doubleheader to satisfy both TV partners (CBS and FOX). Since it is now an 18 week season, I’m sure the NFL decided that 2 double doubleheaders (first and last week) would be better than having none.
                    78-65

Comment

I’ll run everything by you from now on.

Comment

Comment

Gilmore was never released.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post

I think they would have,except they have salary cap issues this year. Spending on the o-line left money pretty tight at Arrowhead.
                            Maybe could have signed him for a one year contract?

Right now the Chiefs would be well off to sign any former pro-bowler on D available, regardless of the level, i.e., D-line; linebacker; and secondary. They just need a little upgrade, and maybe some luck.
                            Last edited by ShockingButTrue; October 13, 2021, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Gilmore was never released.
                              True. They announced they were going to release him and then traded him to Carolina.

Comment

Working...
                              X