Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    Those who have played men’s league will especially get a kick out of this… one of the funniest things I’ve watched recently. Even has a Covid reference.

Speaking of that as I take my nightly walks in West Wichita, I see numerous couples playing golf (different sex couples, I should say). Is that now a thing compared to 3 or 4 years ago? Are there more couples leagues?

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      Those who have played men’s league will especially get a kick out of this… one of the funniest things I’ve watched recently. Even has a Covid reference.

If you're not aware of CPG on Twitter, you need to be. His pressers are legendary. The one above was especially good. From the air quotes to Harmony to Anastasia to the brilliant breakdown of the "typical 3rd shot course" and his Lynx irons and mislabeled iron covers....freaking hilarious.

This season's #TNML doesn't appear to have the same competitiveness of the last few. Recent Trans Jill Dareberry is running away with the title with 4 perfect NET scores. Only Gwan Kung2 would seem to be poised to threaten the recently identity changed Jill, who is destroying Miggy's course set up now playing from the front tees.

If you didn't see the presser when Stan Perry was penalized for his alleged homophobic slur, you MUST find it earlier this year.

It's one of the best things on Twitter these days.

Comment

Watched the BMW Championship and the fantastic playoff that followed this past weekend between Patrick Cantlay and Bryson DeChambeau. Here was what Patrick Cantlay had to say about the reaction to Bryson during the tournament this past weekend and generally on tour this year.

Cantlay makes a great point that the PIP has incentivized the wrong things for players. As much of a newbie as I am to playing and following a lot, I prefer the pastoral nature of the game to be preserved, as opposed to being made into a social media spectacle. The NBA can have its petty social media crap; I prefer players to at least show some more dignity publicly even if they hate each other privately.

The more and more I've followed this Brooks/Bryson feud, the more I fall on the Bryson side of things and find myself rooting for him. Don't get me wrong, Bryson has been a jerk pretty often, but Brooks has matched that and taken it a little too far. It hasn't helped his case that anything Bryson does, even if neutral, becomes ammo for Brooks, and he has showed himself to be a jerk pretty consistently over the past four-five years even aside from this little spat.

Ryder Cup selections are coming up. Hoping they choose players based on fit instead of the top-ranked players (who are mainly power players). Either way, look forward to watching.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Ryder Cup is one of my very favorite sporting events. Love it.

Wonder if the PIP is giving us a preview of some of the problems that might crop up in the NIL?

Comment

I am on board with loving the Ryder Cup. It gives us excitement and great story lines bi-annually.

Don't get me started on the PIP (Player Impact Program). It will pay out $40 million to the 10 players that are deemed to do the most to boost publicity and engagement for the TOUR. This was such an over reaction to the proposed new Premier Golf League (PGL) which will never get off the ground in my opinion. What a great concept...let's give millions of dollars to players that make millions of dollars anyway for doing nothing...NOTHING. These players already have a brand. This program reminds me of what the left represents...let's get money for doing squat.

And where is the TOUR getting $40 million? There is no public sponsor for this. And if the TOUR has that kind of money laying around there certainly are charities that could use it. We all know the PGA TOUR is known for their charitable contributions to the communities they play in. They also could use that money to increase the purses at lower-profile tournaments. This PIP creation is a bit of a head scratcher.

The PIP wasn't going to change the course of the Bryson/Brooks side-show. It was going to happen regardless. Oh, by the way Bryson and Brooks had dinner together last night with 4 other automatic qualifiers for the Ryder Cup team. I am waiting for the video to surface on the "Food Fight."

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
              I am on board with loving the Ryder Cup. It gives us excitement and great story lines bi-annually.

Don't get me started on the PIP (Player Impact Program). It will pay out $40 million to the 10 players that are deemed to do the most to boost publicity and engagement for the TOUR. This was such an over reaction to the proposed new Premier Golf League (PGL) which will never get off the ground in my opinion. What a great concept...let's give millions of dollars to players that make millions of dollars anyway for doing nothing...NOTHING. These players already have a brand. This program reminds me of what the left represents...let's get money for doing squat.

And where is the TOUR getting $40 million? There is no public sponsor for this. And if the TOUR has that kind of money laying around there certainly are charities that could use it. We all know the PGA TOUR is known for their charitable contributions to the communities they play in. They also could use that money to increase the purses at lower-profile tournaments. This PIP creation is a bit of a head scratcher.

The PIP wasn't going to change the course of the Bryson/Brooks side-show. It was going to happen regardless. Oh, by the way Bryson and Brooks had dinner together last night with 4 other automatic qualifiers for the Ryder Cup team. I am waiting for the video to surface on the "Food Fight."
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Whistling Straits looks amazing 1st thing in the morning. Cool start in the 50s but the Americans with a couple of birdies to put some USA Flags on the board.

Great event. Not thrilled with a few dolts in the crowd early but otherwise it's fantastic.

Take a look at the tee shot on 3. Looks like your hitting into the eye of a needle surrounded by water and having to draw into it.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  Whistling Straits looks amazing 1st thing in the morning. Cool start in the 50s but the Americans with a couple of birdies to put some USA Flags on the board.

Great event. Not thrilled with a few dolts in the crowd early but otherwise it's fantastic.

Take a look at the tee shot on 3. Looks like your hitting into the eye of a needle surrounded by water and having to draw into it.
                  Explain the “dolts” comments, lol.

Comment

I have drawn may a shot into water

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Explain the “dolts” comments, lol.
                      There's just no need to boo the other team imho. If you want to boo Ian Poulter because he grabs his unit after draining a 60 footer for par, I'm good with that (total hyperbole there) but booing the announcement on the 1st tee (and it was a small minority) just is totally unnecessary. We've got about 99.9% of the fans and will cheer loudly and regularly for the Americans all weekend. I love it...but no reason to be disrespectful off the 1st tee.

The second par 3...the 7th is spectacular as well. This is a wonderful golf course. 221 par 3, JT hits it 221 and about 8 feet right of the hole. Sergio hits it in between the hole and JT's ball, 222 yards. The Ryder Cup seems to create great golf shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

There's just no need to boo the other team imho. If you want to boo Ian Poulter because he grabs his unit after draining a 60 footer for par, I'm good with that (total hyperbole there) but booing the announcement on the 1st tee (and it was a small minority) just is totally unnecessary. We've got about 99.9% of the fans and will cheer loudly and regularly for the Americans all weekend. I love it...but no reason to be disrespectful off the 1st tee.

The second par 3...the 7th is spectacular as well. This is a wonderful golf course. 221 par 3, JT hits it 221 and about 8 feet right of the hole. Sergio hits it in between the hole and JT's ball, 222 yards. The Ryder Cup seems to create great golf shots.
                        This event does seem to bring out some heated competitive juices in these guys. It is so much fun to watch. Unfortunately we have been the Euros b!tch for too long.

Comment

• John Rahm was Ballesteros, Olazabal and Garcia all wound up together in the first 10 holes of his match. Made over 100 feet of putts on the front 9. Spieth and Thomas trying to claw back, down 2 with 4 to go. The Americans lead in the other 3 matches. Zander and Cantlay won the first 5 holes to put an early stranglehold on their match.

Garcia just ran in a 30 footer to basically win the match when the Americans were only about 12 feet for birdie and missed. Euros are dormie with 3 to play. Rahm and Garcia have been incredible. Even on the 1st they just missed from about 100 feet by an edge.

The Euros have run in literally 100s of feet of puts so far and have won several holes in the last few minutes to make the day more competitive. Cantlay and Schauffele are only 3 up now after 11 after making a mess of simple shots the last 2 holes. They don't want to allow Poulter and Rory to get going.

Schauffele redeemed himself on 12 when he almost knocked it in. They'll kick it in for at least a tie, if not a win.

Garcia has hit 2 worm burners today, but it hasn't mattered. JT and Jordan just haven't been good enough or made enough mid range putts. Could have won, but just not enough.

Comment

• JT and Jordan 2 putt for birdie and survived Garcia just missing from about 50 feet to extend the match to the 17th, but JT missed the green on his tee shot at 17 and got a bad bounce across the green and down the railroad ties to seal their fate. They'll lose 2 and 1.

Early on, just about had enough of Faldo's commentary. Let him do the Euro coverage.

Still looks like a 3-1 start for the Americans if they can finish and maybe not lose the 18th hole every time they play it.

Euros still making basically everything that can be made, and a few that shouldn't be made.

Spieth just hit about the most incredible shot you'll ever see. Off one knee, couldn't see anything, momentum damn near took him 50 feet into Lake Michigan.

He put it about 10 feet and I didn't think he'd even make contact. JT HAS to make this to even get a chance to get to the 18th.

Euros have about the same length to win no matter what. JT misses. Match over.

Comment

• Cantlay and Schauffele righted the ship and are dormie, 4 up with 4 to play.

DJ and Morikawa played well and closed out Casey & Hovland 3 & 2.

Daniel Berger hit a miserable 2nd when they about had the match won and now are fighting to keep their 2 up lead playing the 16th.

Comment

• Berger just missed by a ball turn to finish his match. They are dormie with 2 to play.

Schauffele and Cantlay have pretty much dominated Rory and Ian. They should win here, either 5 and 3 or 4 and 3. They've been really, really good.

Berger's tee shot on 17 was just as miserable as his 2nd at 16. He probably needs to take the afternoon off...maybe Brooksie can play with Bryson after all?

Poulter left it short, in the hole, and the Americans win 5 and 3. If I was the Euro captain, I'd send Ian out again. He can ignite their team.

USA will lead 2.5 to 1.5 or 3 to 1 (likely 3-1) after the morning session. Afternoon pairings should be out any minute.

Comment

Working...
                                X