Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

LOL!! That is hilarious. Such a roast by the dad.
    Right out of Happy Gilmore…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

It's sounds like a lot of looking for balls from players who think they are good enough to qualify for high level golf tourneys to me.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        Speaking of which, is Tallgrass temporarily closed? I know they are under new management.
        same owners, putting 3M into the course, cart paths, bunkers, fairways etc. will be great when done. Long overdue but money is tight. Good for TCC and Wichita I believe.

Comment

Leaving next Wednesday to golf in Idaho/Wyoming. A group of about 20 are meeting. Playing a Grand Teton course Thursday, the rest will be in Idaho. I gave up golf almost 10 years ago, I'm positive that this will be an exercize in futility. Scenery should be beautiful.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

It’s going to be a hot one at the Wichita Open at Crestview. It’s good to have fans back. It feels “normal.” Number 17 will be raucous as it should be. For the first time Kennedy and I will broadcast all 4 days on the newly launched ESPN affiliated 92.3 FM from 1-5.

Comment

Crowds were good and everyone seemed to have a really good time. As Roy alluded to during the presentation to the winner today "Wichita was ready to come out of seclusion". Good to see so many of Wichita get out and enjoy the Wichita Open. Jay and Mike did a great job all week broadcasting as did the guys following the leaders and reporting from the fairways. And as always it doesn't get done if a whole lot of people don't give their time as volunteers to make it work. Another chapter finished and put in the binder. Wichita should be proud of the product they produce called the Wichita Open.

Comment

Do you think it hurt being held the same weekend as the US Open?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  Do you think it hurt being held the same weekend as the US Open?
                  It didn't seem to. We had record crowds this year...over 50K for the week. We cycled close to 4,000 fans through #17 each day (Thursday-Sunday). I want to single out Pogo, who has been a volunteer for me in the media center for several years now. He is such a good SN friend to all of us here, but I am lucky to call him a friend outside of this forum. He is a great help to me all week and I can't wait to play golf with him at Crestview as a reward for his valuable assistance for the week. THANKS POGO!!!

Comment

We Played Jackson Hole yesterday. Playing a muni today. IMG_20210624_164636_01.jpg20210624_123034.jpg
                    Attached Files
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

The Links at Teton. Tough as nails course.
                      20210625_102231.jpg 0

Comment

If it weren't for those ugly mountains blocking the sunlight.
                        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

A wife walked into the bedroom and found her husband in bed with his golf clubs. Seeing the astonished look on her face, he calmly said, "Well, you said I had to choose, right?"

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                            Can’t take Pogo anywhere.

Comment

What is the best (nicest) public course in the metro area?

Auburn Hills
                              Sand Creek
                              Cherry Oaks
                              Hesston
                              Other?

Comment

Working...
                              X