Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf

Tried to find a thread where we could all share the exploits of our time on the golf course, but I couldn't find anything through 5 pages of searching and gave up.

Really started getting into golf last summer when there was nothing else to do. I had never played much growing up, but I had a pair of clubs I bought at ProLink Golf in Wichita, but finally got fitted for new irons at Christmas. I have the Mizuno Hot Metal Pro irons...they're fantastic and feel great. I certainly need a new driver at some point soon, but that's not in the budget for the wife and I at this point.

The public golf course scene here in the KC area is great, but it's also in high demand, as most places are. If you are trying to book a Saturday tee time on the Monday before, you're already too late for most courses up here. I imagine it's a similar conundrum in Wichita. I did play Sierra Hills the last time I was in Wichita and enjoyed that course. Aside from the Wichita public courses, I have also enjoyed playing Hesston when I can.

Shot a 95 last time out and hit two birdies. I think that says more about the rest of the round than it does the two holes I birdied. But I'm slowly getting better and love getting out to chip and putt over lunch when I can. Putting is the strongest part of my game, but chipping and approach shots in general could use some work.

Would be interested to hear from any other ShockerNetters who golf regularly, where they play, and any other helpful tips they might have.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    Tried to find a thread where we could all share the exploits of our time on the golf course, but I couldn't find anything through 5 pages of searching and gave up.

Really started getting into golf last summer when there was nothing else to do. I had never played much growing up, but I had a pair of clubs I bought at ProLink Golf in Wichita, but finally got fitted for new irons at Christmas. I have the Mizuno Hot Metal Pro irons...they're fantastic and feel great. I certainly need a new driver at some point soon, but that's not in the budget for the wife and I at this point.

The public golf course scene here in the KC area is great, but it's also in high demand, as most places are. If you are trying to book a Saturday tee time on the Monday before, you're already too late for most courses up here. I imagine it's a similar conundrum in Wichita. I did play Sierra Hills the last time I was in Wichita and enjoyed that course. Aside from the Wichita public courses, I have also enjoyed playing Hesston when I can.

Shot a 95 last time out and hit two birdies. I think that says more about the rest of the round than it does the two holes I birdied. But I'm slowly getting better and love getting out to chip and putt over lunch when I can. Putting is the strongest part of my game, but chipping and approach shots in general could use some work.

Would be interested to hear from any other ShockerNetters who golf regularly, where they play, and any other helpful tips they might have.
    Here is a pretty simple tip...

Flat load your feet so you can snap load your power pack. That way you can amplify both lag and drag pressure through impact fix. As long as my number 2 power accumulator doesn’t break down I can reach maximum centrifugal force using minimal pivotal resistance.

You see the pivot is utilization of multiple centers to produce a circular motion for generating centrifugal force on an adjusted plane. Plus it makes the balance necessary to promote a 2 plane delivery path.

You see golf is geometrically oriented linear force. It involves a physical muscular thrust and a geometry of the circle.

You can divide the golf swing into 24 basic components. Each having between 12-15 variations. Now when you think of this simple concept. Position yourself to hit the shot. Golf is so easy, right Pogo.

Comment

Last time I played golf, the only two good balls I hit was when I stepped on a rake in the sand trap.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        Last time I played golf, the only two good balls I hit was when I stepped on a rake in the sand trap.
        Pairs perfectly with your avatar right now, in a number of contexts.

Comment

My dad is 71, plays every day and shoots his age at least once a month. He’s a hell of a golfer and shared that with me and my brother. I’m a horrible golfer, but I look the part. I dress right, know all the etiquette, have a beautiful swing, and can’t break 90.

IDK what that means. I dress for the score I want, not for the score I get.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
            My dad is 71, plays every day and shoots his age at least once a month. He’s a hell of a golfer and shared that with me and my brother. I’m a horrible golfer, but I look the part. I dress right, know all the etiquette, have a beautiful swing, and can’t break 90.

IDK what that means. I dress for the score I want, not for the score I get.
            That last comment fits AAC's dating scenario. And yes I have seen Lax's golf game up close as well. As for me I dress down so as not to give the false illusion that I have any ability to play the game. But it is fun to get out and play this game

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Here is a pretty simple tip...

Flat load your feet so you can snap load your power pack. That way you can amplify both lag and drag pressure through impact fix. As long as my number 2 power accumulator doesn’t break down I can reach maximum centrifugal force using minimal pivotal resistance.

You see the pivot is utilization of multiple centers to produce a circular motion for generating centrifugal force on an adjusted plane. Plus it makes the balance necessary to promote a 2 plane delivery path.

You see golf is geometrically oriented linear force. It involves a physical muscular thrust and a geometry of the circle.

You can divide the golf swing into 24 basic components. Each having between 12-15 variations. Now when you think of this simple concept. Position yourself to hit the shot. Golf is so easy, right Pogo.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I'm glad the pandemic has brought so many more people into the game. I also hate it when trying to get out to play.

Comment

Used to golf quite a bit. Not much anymore. With steady green/cart fee increases the cost-benefit eventually fell on the wrong side of the curve for me. I remember growing up walking the course (part of the fun) with my Dad and it costing like $10 or $15. It was a sort of outdoorsy experience - not unlike a day fishing or hiking. Today its rush-rush-rush with a golf cart, dressed up like an insurance salesman, swinging a driver that looks like it could double as a DirecTV dish. And emasculated-at-home, alpha dog wanna-be types compensating hard, as far as the eye can see.

For about that same amount of money I can pay gas and food tab for a day ride on the motor-sickle with the wiffer up to Ad Astra in Strong City or down to the Mercantile in Pawhuska. On the plus side I never get upset to the point that I feel like throwing my bike in the lake, which would admittedly be difficult.

My take... worth what you paid for it. Maybe less.

Comment

I once wore unmatched shoes to a company golf event. The reality of having to get up and get dressed for a Saturday round when it's still dark, which increases the likelihood of a fashion mistake, drove me away from the game.

That, and the $5/round (honor system) 9-hole, sand-green golf course near my previous location closed.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      I once wore unmatched shoes to a company golf event. The reality of having to get up and get dressed for a Saturday round when it's still dark, which increases the likelihood of a fashion mistake, drove me away from the game.

That, and the $5/round (honor system) 9-hole, sand-green golf course near my previous location closed.
                      You mean it wasn't the 300 yard drive down the middle, followed by a shank wedge, chunk chip, bladed chip, on in 5 and a 3-putt for an 8?

Comment

You mean it wasn't the 300 yard drive down the middle, followed by a shank wedge, chunk chip, bladed chip, on in 5 and a 3-putt for an 8?
                        Nah. I was already used to those.

Comment

Many moons ago I played a lot of golf. Now I'm down to less than 10 rounds per year and can almost shoot my age with the help of a few Judge Smails foot wedges.

Golf is difficult... I'm reminded of this graphic...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Avid golfer. Have been playing about once a week during the pandemic. It was nice at first because nobody was on the course or it was very limited. Haven't played as much lately because I've been busy with work and life stuff. It's a nice get away and release for me.

Comment

250. But yeah.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                              X