RV Life Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

When I was a young whippersnapper, I ole Ross and I had a terrifying ‘tornado’ experience in a tent … those were the days my friends.
    I rode one out in an old bomb shelter - no door.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
      Get in that concrete park bathroom friends!
      A place I am certain you have experience with...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

A place I am certain you have experience with...not that there's anything wrong with that.
        You got a problem with George Michael (may he rest in peace)?

Great singer!!!

Comment

Mobile home, RV, or tent would NOT be a good place during a tornado.

Get in that concrete park bathroom friends!
          We found a deep ditch and rode it out... not a direct hit, but what remained of the tent went to the dump.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

You've been doin' tents for decades?? Hmmm... you're more of an outdoorsman than I gave you credit for. ;)
            Used to go on 3-5 day hikes in Colorado regularly. Float trips and pig roasts annually.

Once I had a family, these excursions became less enjoyable and glancing seemed like the answer.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Used to go on 3-5 day hikes in Colorado regularly. Float trips and pig roasts annually.

Once I had a family, these excursions became less enjoyable and glancing seemed like the answer.
              You meant glamping.

This is wufan "glancing" when he's on vacation w/ the family.

Comment

• Saw something called Outdoorsy.com advertised on tv today and thought of this thread. Anyone heard of it? Looks like you can rent RV's, or if you have a RV, rent your RV out to others.
                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                  Saw something called Outdoorsy.com advertised on tv today and thought of this thread. Anyone heard of it? Looks like you can rent RV's, or if you have a RV, rent your RV out to others.
                  I have heard of it. It's like AirBNB for RVs. I believe they have also successfully put together an RV insurance product with it's own risk classification. It used to be that RVs were lumped in with boats, ATVs, etc.

Comment

• Went out to Marion Reservoir this weekend. Had electric but no water hook ups. The fresh water tank got us through sans showers once we figured out how to turn on the water pump. The great thing about it was that there was nobody else around and we were right on the lake! Cranked the BT speakers and had a great time!

Used new wheel levels Which were a huge help! I’m getting better at hooking up, towing, and unhooking.

The Friday night storms were an ass pucker as we watched the radar and got national weather alerts all night. At one point there was lightning to the west, north, and east, yet all we got was some rain. Saturday was gorgeous! On Sunday my 13 year old lost a controversial game of corn hole to my 10 year old which almost blew up the whole weekend. Somehow we made it through.

Attached Files
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Went out to Marion Reservoir this weekend. Had electric but no water hook ups. The fresh water tank got us through sans showers once we figured out how to turn on the water pump. The great thing about it was that there was nobody else around and we were right on the lake! Cranked the BT speakers and had a great time!

Used new wheel levels Which were a huge help! I’m getting better at hooking up, towing, and unhooking.

The Friday night storms were an ass pucker as we watched the radar and got national weather alerts all night. At one point there was lightning to the west, north, and east, yet all we got was some rain. Saturday was gorgeous! On Sunday my 13 year old lost a controversial game of corn hole to my 10 year old which almost blew up the whole weekend. Somehow we made it through.
                      Not to make a point of the potential obvious or anything, but you and yours are familiar with the idea of a "navy shower" while dry/dispersed camping, right? You can take a shower using 2-3 gallons.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Not to make a point of the potential obvious or anything, but you and yours are familiar with the idea of a "navy shower" while dry/dispersed camping, right? You can take a shower using 2-3 gallons.
                        Yeah…we were isolated with nowhere to go so we decided to stink together…try the Ashton Kutcher regime.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Yeah…we were isolated with nowhere to go so we decided to stink together…try the Ashton Kutcher regime.
                          Surely this will offend someone...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Went out to Marion Reservoir this weekend. Had electric but no water hook ups. The fresh water tank got us through sans showers once we figured out how to turn on the water pump. The great thing about it was that there was nobody else around and we were right on the lake! Cranked the BT speakers and had a great time!

Nice. My uncle and cousins farm the bottom ground below the dam. There used to be 6’+ catfish in the reservoir.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Put down a deposit on a grand design imagine xls 21bhe. The one I linked above. It sleeps (uncomfortably) 7, is less than 25 foot hitch to bumper, under 5000 lbs, has a true queen bed, seating for six in the living area, power everything, four season set up, and an outdoor kitchen. All in all it should be a great weekend trailer for my family of 4 to cut our teeth.

Paid $1000 more than I wanted, but it had everything we wanted and we loved the floor plan and styling. Plus my wife likes me again.
                              We finally got our camper. Ended up abandoning the 5th wheel we wanted due to rising costs and got a Grand Design Imagine 2670MK. We really liked that it has a built-in desk, fireplace, "televator", kitchen island and a 12-volt 10-cu ft fridge with solar. It doesn't require a compressor (10 cu. ft instead of 8 like a standard two-way) and cools in 3 hours. It's a little big for our first camper (32 ft), but the wife wanted our 2nd camper first. It pulled really well from the dealer in Park City to Hutch, even in 15-20 mph winds.

It's more of a "couple's camper", with theater seating and stand-alone table and chairs (no additional sleeping area). We only have one kid still in high school and will use an air mattress when she or grand kids come with us.

IMG_20220409_145925.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

We finally got our camper. Ended up abandoning the 5th wheel we wanted due to rising costs and got a Grand Design Imagine 2670MK. We really liked that it has a built-in desk, fireplace, "televator", kitchen island and a 12-volt 10-cu ft fridge with solar. It doesn't require a compressor (10 cu. ft instead of 8 like a standard two-way) and cools in 3 hours. It's a little big for our first camper (32 ft), but the wife wanted our 2nd camper first. It pulled really well from the dealer in Park City to Hutch, even in 15-20 mph winds.

It's more of a "couple's camper", with theater seating and stand-alone table and chairs (no additional sleeping area). We only have one kid still in high school and will use an air mattress when she or grand kids come with us.

IMG_20220409_145925.jpg
                                Congratulations! You will love it.
                                20210603_202752_HDR.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X