RV Life Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
    Out at Council Grove lake this weekend. Private location, about 20 foot unimpeded to the lake.

We bought a second water hose prior to coming out. The 25 footer was barely long enough last time. 50 foot seems like the correct amount.

By disconnecting the batteries last time when we put the RV in storage, we were able to fire up the fridge and run it off propane to cool it down. Next time we will do it the night before. Should work out well.

struggled with leveling the RV after parking. The location is paved, but slants towards the water putting us badly off level from right to left. I cranked the left side so much that the left wheels came off the ground (yikes!) and still not level. I readjusted to live with it for the weekend, but before I figured it out I broke the socket that attaches to my drill, so had to hand crank the jacks.

When we purchased the RV, the sales guy told us we should get a $200 leveling kit. Seemed like overkill to me. I see now that the levels that go under the tires might be of some value.
    Time to go find a couple of your medical textbooks to use for levels.

Comment

• The had its perks!
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 2 photos.
      Livin the dream

Comment

The had its perks!
        Very nice! Where you at?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Very nice! Where you at?
          Council Grove.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Council Grove.
            One of our favorite places. Beautiful!

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

One of our favorite places. Beautiful!
              My wife had a high school reunion this weekend, which is why we decided to try it out. We had just a fabulous meal at the Hays house! I can highly recommend it under current ownership.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Out at Council Grove lake this weekend. Private location, about 20 foot unimpeded to the lake.

We bought a second water hose prior to coming out. The 25 footer was barely long enough last time. 50 foot seems like the correct amount.

By disconnecting the batteries last time when we put the RV in storage, we were able to fire up the fridge and run it off propane to cool it down. Next time we will do it the night before. Should work out well.

struggled with leveling the RV after parking. The location is paved, but slants towards the water putting us badly off level from right to left. I cranked the left side so much that the left wheels came off the ground (yikes!) and still not level. I readjusted to live with it for the weekend, but before I figured it out I broke the socket that attaches to my drill, so had to hand crank the jacks.

When we purchased the RV, the sales guy told us we should get a $200 leveling kit. Seemed like overkill to me. I see now that the levels that go under the tires might be of some value.
                And it starts.

Pro tip: Hotel rooms come auto-leveled. Fridge is cold too.

Promise me one thing: when you do eventually give up the "RV Life Style" for good, be a man and dump the rig. Accept the sunk cost and don't spend another $10K over the next decade storing it. Call it a learning experience and move on to bigger and better vacations. Get crafty w/ free flyer mile hacks. Spend your vacations experiencing and not charging, dumping, parking, leveling, cranking, wrenching, etc.

Everything you own, partially owns you. Set it all free. Stay liquid, mobile.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

And it starts.

Pro tip: Hotel rooms come auto-leveled. Fridge is cold too.

Promise me one thing: when you do eventually give up the "RV Life Style" for good, be a man and dump the rig. Accept the sunk cost and don't spend another $10K over the next decade storing it. Call it a learning experience and move on to bigger and better vacations. Get crafty w/ free flyer mile hacks. Spend your vacations experiencing and not charging, dumping, parking, leveling, cranking, wrenching, etc.

Everything you own, partially owns you. Set it all free. Stay liquid, mobile.
                  Our spot cost $22/night and we didn’t share a wall with anyone. You can’t get that in a hotel.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Our spot cost $22/night and we didn’t share a wall with anyone. You can’t get that in a hotel.
                    If this is your first night, it actually cost you $22 + $_ _,_ _ _. Everything will be prorated from here on out. :)

Comment

If this is your first night, it actually cost you $22 + $_ _,_ _ _. Everything will be prorated from here on out. :)
                      It’s my fifth night. $110 + $60 storage.

There’s no current depreciation on RVs thanks to lock downs.

Contrast that with zero lakeside lodges in Kansas for rent and it’s a bargain.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

It’s my fifth night. $110 + $60 storage.

There’s no current depreciation on RVs thanks to lock downs.

Contrast that with zero lakeside lodges in Kansas for rent and it’s a bargain.
                        I love getting out in nature. I also love getting back to civilization when the sun sets. Lake houses are a fine investment - even when they're not houses (trailers).

If you really want to sleep out with the whippoorwill a couple nights a year, a large tent w/ an air mattress is a vastly underrated experience.

Comment

I love getting out in nature. I also love getting back to civilization when the sun sets. Lake houses are a fine investment - even when they're not houses (trailers).

If you really want to sleep out with the whippoorwill a couple nights a year, a large tent w/ an air mattress is a vastly underrated experience.
                          Did that for decades! Dogs and kids are much more enjoyable in a shelter with hard sides.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Did that for decades! Dogs and kids are much more enjoyable in a shelter with hard sides.
                            You've been doin' tents for decades?? Hmmm... you're more of an outdoorsman than I gave you credit for. ;)

Comment

When I was a young whippersnapper, ole Ross and I had a terrifying ‘tornado’ experience in a tent … those were the days my friends.
                              Last edited by WstateU; July 27, 2021, 01:32 PM.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

When I was a young whippersnapper, I ole Ross and I had a terrifying ‘tornado’ experience in a tent … those were the days my friends.
                                Mobile home, RV, or tent would NOT be a good place during a tornado.

Get in that concrete park bathroom friends!

Comment

Working...
                                X