Topeka Seaman to vote on name change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topeka Seaman to vote on name change

It turns out that the founder of the school, Fred A Seaman, was a KKK member/leader in the 20s.
    Livin the dream

Originally posted by wufan View Post
    It turns out that the founder of the school, Fred A Seaman, was a KKK member/leader in the 20s.
    I would suggest Robert K Byrd, he was pretty upstanding and must be ok because his name is on everything in his home state of W. Virginia and in DC.

Comment

I figured it was because Seaman was too close to semen or Seaman wasn't gender neutral enough.

Wrong on both!

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
        Oh... and here I thought it might be... uh... obvious why they might want to change their name.

Comment

Fred hid his Seaman in that starched white robe.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Maybe the first Seaman joke...

Have you ever wondered who first uttered the phrase,

"You Gotta Be Shittin Me?"

Well, it just so happens to have originated through the Father of Our
            country (assuming yer a sep), way back when George Washington was crossing the Delaware river with his troops.

There were 33 (remember this number) in Washington's boat. It was
            extremely dark and storming furiously and the water was tossing them
            about.

Finally, Washington grabbed Corporal Peters (remember this name) and
            stationed him at the front of the boat with a lantern. He ordered him
            to keep swinging it, so they could see where they were heading.

Corporal Peters, through driving rain and cold, continued swinging the
            lantern back and forth, back and forth.

Then a big gust of wind and a wave hit and threw Corporal Peters and his
            lantern into the Delaware. Washington and his troops searched for nearly an hour trying to find Corporal Peters, but to no avail. All of them
            felt terrible, for the Corporal had been one of their favorites.

Sometime later, Washington and his troops landed on the other side, wet and totally exhausted. He rallied the troops and told them that they must go on.

Another hour later, one of the seaman (actually riverman) said, 'General, I see lights ahead.'
            They trudged toward the lights and came upon a huge house.

What they didn't know was that this was a house of ill repute, hidden in
            the forest to serve all who came.

General Washington pounded on the door, his men crowding around him.

The door swung open, and much to his surprise stood a beautiful woman.

A huge smile came across her face, to see so many men standing there.

Washington was the first to speak, 'Madam, I am General George Washington and these are my men. We are tired, wet, exhausted, and
            desperately need warmth and comfort.'

Again, the Madam looked at all the men standing there, and with a broad
            smile on her face, said, 'Well, General, you have come to the right
            place. We can surely give you warmth and comfort. How many men do you have?'

Washington replied, 'Well, Madam, there are 32 of us without Peters .'

And the Madam said, 'You gotta be shittin me.'
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Best Topeka news headline ever: Trojans stop Seaman
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
              X