Pres. Golden resigns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

Wait, what? Is this really about Ivanka? What a freakin' joke if it is. The real snowflakes strike again.
    Donate your millions.

Golden made a tone deaf move without forethought for future consequences. He needs to read the tea leaves and handle various factions and customers better. Students aren’t the only customer he serves.
    Last edited by Shockm; September 25, 2020, 03:48 PM.

Comment

If he really resigned for the reasons above, what a sad day for the University.

Comment

I think the lesson to be learned here is to never -- and I mean NEVER -- take any political advice from a peon in the art department. Sure, they're fun for a couple nights out on the town on a crazy weekend bender; but you should never, ever give them even an ounce of credibility on political matters -- especially if you are the president of a university.
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post

Are you referring to the people that gives millions of $$$ to WSU?
          A person's wealth is no justification for their behavior.

And it is certainly not a justification for hypocrisy.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

A person's wealth is no justification for their behavior.

And it is certainly not a justification for hypocrisy.
            Hyprocisy by the Carney family and Steve Clark family? Where is it RMS?

We don’t even know your name. State your name, beliefs, intentions, and put your finances up. You don’t even live here anymore. Answer both questions. RMS.

Comment

Resignation....in name only.

Comment

I kinda started to wonder about WSU when news broke a few months ago that they were going to tear down Cessna Stadium.. If you get on youtube, one of the last interviews John Bardo did before he passed away was what to do with Cessna Stadium and the possibility of football returning. During the interview Bardo mentioned they were looking at maybe demolishing one side of the stadium as they most likely going to remodel it for a football team.
                Now the football talk is dead in the water again and we are completely demolishing Cessna Stadium as Golden resignes. That escalated quickly and isn't a good look going forward. We aren't a Missouri Valley school anymore. The longer we are dead in the water with the football talk the more people around the country start to wonder about WSU- and rightfully so-
                ​​
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Horrible, horrible decision. Think the university is walking down the wrong path they’ve started lately. A president that had the university and community on board as a whole and supported them along with having the blessing of the students is rare. We didn’t get to see much of Mr. Golden but he made a great impression on me.
                  Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

My guess is Ivanka didn't decide to come because WSU contacted her. Someone pulled some strings to get her to come. Pulling her from the ceremony is a slap in that boosters face. You don't do that just because her name is Trump without some blowback.

This is the same as if her name was Clinton.

Comment

Dr Golden made a decision based on a few and didn't take into account a larger body of interests both at WSU and WSU supporters. I don't know exactly the pressure that was brought to bear by influential people but it was reported that many were unhappy and would evaluate future projects/money as they arose. I did not agree with his decision but he was they one that had to live with it and apparently to die by it. Would the same decision be made if a speaker of a more liberal view were told they were no longer welcome to address a graduation class at WSU? And so another search begins for someone to lead our university into the future. I would still like to see Steve Clark involved in the next selection he is after all still batting .500

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                        I kinda started to wonder about WSU when news broke a few months ago that they were going to tear down Cessna Stadium.. If you get on youtube, one of the last interviews John Bardo did before he passed away was what to do with Cessna Stadium and the possibility of football returning. During the interview Bardo mentioned they were looking at maybe demolishing one side of the stadium as they most likely going to remodel it for a football team.
                        Now the football talk is dead in the water again and we are completely demolishing Cessna Stadium as Golden resignes. That escalated quickly and isn't a good look going forward. We aren't a Missouri Valley school anymore. The longer we are dead in the water with the football talk the more people around the country start to wonder about WSU- and rightfully so-
                        ​​
                        ​​​​​​

This has never been about what to do with Cessna Stadium. It should be razed and a multi use facility for track and soccer should replace it. Dr Bardo talked about football but that horse is long gone unless someone wants to endow a football program and build the infrastructure as well. I would rather see the university pin its hopes of the future on it's innovation campus rather than a football program. But that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post

This has never been about what to do with Cessna Stadium. It should be razed and a multi use facility for track and soccer should replace it. Dr Bardo talked about football but that horse is long gone unless someone wants to endow a football program and build the infrastructure as well. I would rather see the university pin its hopes of the future on it's innovation campus rather than a football program. But that's just me.
                          I heard that none of the 20-30 people who donate lots of money to the Shocker Athletics wanted to pay for football. Therefore, football was and is dead. It just couldn’t be afforded.

Comment

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I do not believe WSU Tech is just like the School of Fine Arts or School of Liberal Arts and Science. It is more of a "stand alone" entity and runs as such. WSU also has a very strong School of Engineering and School of Business along with the Innovation Campus. "Blow Back" could have come from many sources and Golden probably should have taken other considerations than just the Arts......like just maybe Dr. Utash knew a little more about the situation and atmosphere at Tech than an Art professor.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I heard that none of the 20-30 people who donate lots of money to the Shocker Athletics wanted to pay for football. Therefore, football was and is dead. It just couldn’t be afforded.
                              i can confirm that this was the narrative.. the ongoing cost of support. there was a very small minority that was willing to explore further but never got momentum.

Comment

Seemed pretty obvious to me, judging by the immediate aftermath of the decision, that he really hadn't considered possible community/donor blowback of that decision. That's probably not a good thing for the person running a university.

Comment

Working...
                                X