Coronavirus Social Distancing-Quarantine-Fatigue Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coronavirus Social Distancing-Quarantine-Fatigue Support Thread

I thought I'd start a safe thread where people can come in if they are feeling bad about the current situation. It doesn't matter what your problem is, just please no attacks or political rants. Whether your business is suffering, you're having anxiety, or just got infected and feel lonely, post your thoughts here and I promise nobody will attack or berate you.

Hopefully the mods will erase anything that gets sideways in the road.

I just want to start off by saying I've been social distancing fairly religiously for longer than I can remember. Late Feb./early March? I started out avoiding stores and having food and necessities dropped off into my trunk. It was a hassle but I stuck to it for around 45 days. Eventually I started going back into the stores with a mask. Now I'm probably standing shoulder-to-shoulder (6ft) at Dillon's with the infected. I just love when a self-checkout kid comes over and gets right in my grill to "help me". I've literally told them to please step back before lol. All in all I don't have a ton of anxiety in stores because I'm one of the fortunate that have a nice, well-fitting mask.

I like to shop a lot more than the average dude... I used to shop to relax at least once a week. I might go to the mall, or Cabela's etc. Not any more. Just the essentials. I would also normally go out to eat with friends around twice a week. Then I had a finance group that I led on a consistent basis. This is where I would really let off some work stress and drink a few pints of potent, Wichita-born brew. I was supposed to be in NYC in March for a conference. That didn't happen. Don't go to the gym anymore - gotta workout at home.

Don't even get CB started on romance. It's really weird nowadays. I did go on a date with a Covid-survivor-(lol) once, but it was hot (not the good kind) because we met outdoors. Covid probably ended my previous kinda long-term relationship. It was gonna end someday anyways, but Covid certainly helped it along. Let's just say she worked very close to the front lines... we both kinda distanced a bit. Then we met after a break and it was like... meh. But it wasn't meh prior to Covid.

My folks: they're pretty old, but in great shape for their age. Even though, they would be high-risk if they got infected. My dad never gave an eff about masks for the longest time. He's coming around. I scared my mom straight from the start and she's done well wearing a mask in stores. I don't visit them often, and if I do it's always on the deck or at a park. They tell me it's okay to come inside but I couldn't live with myself if I infected them. I used to live in a nice home in the suburbs but it was too much for a bachelor so I obtained more urban digs. Needless to say, I am in close proximity to many more people than I used to be. I could be asymptomatic. Who knows. So I stay away.

I am fortunate to be able to do my work from a home office. For those of you that go to large companies and must mask up all day, I sympathize. This is not a good time to be part of a robust civilization. I don't know how long it will last or how long my spirits will remain healthy and high. I do feel a weight though and I have periods where I get a little down. Ya gotta find something that makes you happy and focus on it. My work makes me happy. So I can work all the time lol. That's convenient. :(

I'm trying to be a good citizen. Remaining hopeful that good news is coming.

T

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
      Hopefully the mods will erase anything that gets sideways in the road.
      That was the purpose of the thread you spammed to death, and still is. I'm not monitoring yet another one.
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

That was the purpose of the thread you spammed to death, and still is. I'm not monitoring yet another one.
        I would appreciate it you just moved all of Cold’s posts into this thread. Then I could just “Mark as read” 11 times per day.

please and thank you!
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

No worries then. I'll try to stop posting so much.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

I would appreciate it you just moved all of Cold’s posts into this thread. Then I could just “Mark as read” 11 times per day.

please and thank you!

Comment

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/pr...virus-pandemic

Professional cuddlers offering online sessions amid coronavirus pandemic
              Professional cuddlers – people who get paid to give clients platonic snuggles – are moving their businesses online as the coronavirus pandemic continues.

Though the profession typically revolves around touch, cuddlers have reportedly found a way to mimic some of the intimacy offered their clients from real in-person sessions through video chatting.
              I mean...

paging WstateU

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

I recently told the Mrs. (she lacks a sense of humor), "the Coronavirus might eventually get me, but it will not take away my dignity and sense of humor."

I come from a long line of jokers and pranksters...

Comment

Working...
                    X