Bicycle riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• image_8836.jpgimage_8837.jpg2EC58E69-A957-4071-8EE3-FB1B59602348.jpeg

I left my feet in the pics in case you’re into that.
    Attached Files
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Rode 6 miles to work and back. The ride home was the easiest one yet. I still wanted to die when I walked in the door.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• God, I've gotten slow.
        Screenshot_20220516-172121_MapMyRide.jpg
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• First long ride. I'd hoped to avg. 14 mph. Just getting cleared to ride two weeks ago, I did okay. Tulsa Tough is June 10th. I've got to train fast and hard.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I gave up and got a motorcycle.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
              I gave up and got a motorcycle.
              Atta boy!

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                I gave up and got a motorcycle.
                I'm going to Scooters R US...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I'm going to Scooters R US...

I think they call that one “Dollie Parton”

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Atta boy!
                    sorry to hear you hurt your shoulder.

I’m up to about18-20 when I go out, but I’ve lost at least a mile per hour, I’m creeping back into the mid 13’s, riding about 50-60 per week.

My biggest issue is the surgeon relocating my left quad.

I go out and ride and then I need a day or so off because it doesn’t feel like it’s in the right position (creating a low level of pain), so I’m just being as patient as possible and trying to work through it.

For me, fitness is a journey, not a destination. This will make it tougher for me, but I just need to keep my head down and keep working and I know you will do the same.

Comment

• Greetings fro Tulsa! Tulsa Tough century, baby! 104°!
                      20220610_192909.jpg20220610_192936.jpg20220610_192909.jpg20220610_192958.jpg
                      Attached Files

Comment

• 20220610_201752.jpg

Comment

• Saw some posts on r/bicycling that your ride in Tulsa was over the weekend, so I thought I’d check in. My question is did you hit your planned pace? I sure hope so!

As for me, I’m making slow progress, got almost 22 miles at 15.3 yesterday, but honestly, it’s damn hot down here, so I’m probably going to move at least some of my workouts indoors on my stationary bike.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
                            Saw some posts on r/bicycling that your ride in Tulsa was over the weekend, so I thought I’d check in. My question is did you hit your planned pace? I sure hope so!

As for me, I’m making slow progress, got almost 22 miles at 15.3 yesterday, but honestly, it’s damn hot down here, so I’m probably going to move at least some of my workouts indoors on my stationary bike.
                            Close to pace. Would have made pace but wrecked a mile from the end. The officialsdidn't want to let me finish. Anyway, a 45 minute delay while they checked me out knocked my official rate way down. I finished against the advice of the race irganizers and was sent directly to OSU Medical Center. Kind of a crappy hospital but got okay care. Dislocated pinky, two hand fractures and a very mild cocussion. I'm good today. IMG_20220613_201603.jpgIMG_20220611_173327_01.jpgIMG_20220613_201537.jpg

Comment

• The helmet absolutely saved my ass.

Comment

• Oh, and they needed ketamine to reduce the pinky. I would not recommend that drug. It was super fun for maybe a few minutes, then it became a very dark, psychedelic, bad trip. Not a fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X