No announcement yet.

Bicycle riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife was back out on the bike today and following me like a little puppy. Marginally better than yesterday. 18.33 miles 1 hour and 29 minutesWind was blowing upwards of 15-25 mph at times. Leaves were amazing and blowing and raining down the entire corridor. Hope everyone is well. :-)

Ii told her if she doesn't get over this cold thing quickly enough, I may have to start accepting applications for riding partners. And since I prefer bicycling at night, I've already got a few in mind. LOL.

Comment

• JV, the photo you asked about is the Curecanti Creek at the end of the trail at the bottom of the canyon. It’s part of the Curecanti recreation area near Gunnison, CO. You start the hike from the top of the canyon and descend 900 ft over a two mile trail. Very nice trail until the last quarter mile where it gets more rugged including some scrambling over boulders. Trail is rated “moderate”.

A view of the canyon from the top:
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
        JV, the photo you asked about is the Curecanti Creek at the end of the trail at the bottom of the canyon. It’s part of the Curecanti recreation area near Gunnison, CO. You start the hike from the top of the canyon and descend 900 ft over a two mile trail. Very nice trail until the last quarter mile where it gets more rugged including some scrambling over boulders. Trail is rated “moderate”.

OK, I'm jealous. First of all, it's cooler where you are (upper 90's over the weekend, low 90's today), second of all it's a whole lot prettier than where I am, but I'm a short drive from this.....
        Attached Files

Comment

• And one more, just for good measure:
          Attached Files

Comment

• I haven't kept up with this thread, so if this was already discussed my apologies. Does anybody here use the Fenix 5 Plus? It's going for $350 today only on Amazon and I am thinking about replacing a very cold Garmin 605 with it. I know there are a lot newer models of the Fenix but it seems to do what I want, so not sure why I would pay double for a newer version of the Fenix?
            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
              JV, the photo you asked about is the Curecanti Creek at the end of the trail at the bottom of the canyon. It’s part of the Curecanti recreation area near Gunnison, CO. You start the hike from the top of the canyon and descend 900 ft over a two mile trail. Very nice trail until the last quarter mile where it gets more rugged including some scrambling over boulders. Trail is rated “moderate”.

This looks like fun!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

This looks like fun!!!

That guy wouldn't know a primal roar if his life depended on it......oh, wait, it did.

My roar at the chasing dog this weekend makes this guy sounds (as my wife just put it) kind of wussy.

Comment

• I’m kind of surprised that guy just didn’t throw a rock at the cat early on. We encountered a big horn sheep on our trip about 50 yards away. We stared each other down, then he left thankfully. You don’t want to mess with those beasts because they’re as big as an elk and the have a really bad attitude towards hikers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    I haven't kept up with this thread, so if this was already discussed my apologies. Does anybody here use the Fenix 5 Plus? It's going for $350 today only on Amazon and I am thinking about replacing a very cold Garmin 605 with it. I know there are a lot newer models of the Fenix but it seems to do what I want, so not sure why I would pay double for a newer version of the Fenix?
                    I use a galaxy watch, does great. I dont pay for any apps. UA's Map My Ride does just fine. My wife uses Strava. I think anything you get that works for you is fine. I don't, but should, track cadence. My wife does and is how she's made some of her greatest advances.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Half the month of October gone now, and I'm sitting at 253 miles for the month. Tomorrow a day off from riding. Back to it Saturday. Hope everyone is well.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                        Half the month of October gone now, and I'm sitting at 253 miles for the month. Tomorrow a day off from riding. Back to it Saturday. Hope everyone is well.
                        I'm on for 40 tomorrow. Should be a good day. I need my front derailleur adjusted, I dont mess with that stuff.
                        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• 32 for me today. A lot of progress on Redbud when I was gone with workers working on all three sections today. Looks like concrete is poured everywhere except at the road intersections. Hopeful they can get it done yet this month. They’re close!

Comment

• MD - yeah, the redbud is almost complete. I expect (and kind of hope) they never finish the rest of it as I've come to enjoy the natural areas. What a contrast in weather in just two days here.

Saturday: Sunny with some clouds, temps around 70 degrees. Warm, and windy, blowing 15-25 mph. Shorts and jersey for me. 21 miles in an hour and a :45. Wonderful ride. Wife almost over her cold, so took it fairly easy.. 1 hour 45 minutes.

And then Sunday happened. Something happened here between yesterday early evening and lunch time today. Like, 43 degrees, winds pouriing out of the north and gusting to 25 mph. Full winter gear. Thermal, gloves, leggings, jacket. Much much slower pace. One thing people aren't aware of when bicycling in cold weather is you will have to clear your nose/sinuses fairly often. Today it was cold, cloudy windy and gray, but the pictures of the pumpkins I got today make it a little less gloomy. Hope all are well.

This area is along Lnden in east Wichita. Beautiful neighborhood to bicycle. Lots of fall color.

Eastborough was filled with cars, people ducks, etc. on Saturday.. all enjoying the weather. (nearly vacant today)

And now today....its gray, cold barren landscape with wind pouring across many areas (these taken near Armour bike path)

Trick or treating in College Hill.

Comment

• JV, you should get a medal for riding today. It’s so miserable out there I can’t even psych myself up to take the trash out! I’m hoping to find just one day suitable for riding next week.

Comment

• 35 degrees, windy rainy, said fudge it, skipped the ride, went to the gym, worked out, sprinted and spent a half hour on the stationary bike.

Comment

Working...
                                X