Bicycle riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been there, done that.

Fell once @ 19 ,during a storm. Hurt pretty bad for a little while and I was amazed at how quickly my wheels slipped out.

I dont do rain anymore, especially on the folder, I need new tires.

Comment

• Watching that guy wipe out is just like it happened for me back in May. Your riding along and boom, your on the ground. Poor guy is still probably wondering what happened. I’m still wondering what happened!

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
        Watching that guy wipe out is just like it happened for me back in May. Your riding along and boom, your on the ground. Poor guy is still probably wondering what happened. I’m still wondering what happened!
        Yes, absolutely, happens very quickly - so quickly you don't have any time to adjust or correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Yes, absolutely, happens very quickly - so quickly you don't have any time to adjust or correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• As Wayne would say on Letterkenny

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Mess with the bull and you'll get the horns...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• 24 miles this morning consisting of several laps around Sedgwick County Park and a side excursion out and back on the Hoover road bike path. Didn’t get rained on, but lots of puddles to dodge. Fortunately, no wipeouts.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
                      24 miles this morning consisting of several laps around Sedgwick County Park and a side excursion out and back on the Hoover road bike path. Didn’t get rained on, but lots of puddles to dodge. Fortunately, no wipeouts.
                      Its almost exactly 4.25 miles around the park using outside trail. So that would be almost 6, unless you cris-crossed any of the trails inside the park.

Comment

• My Cateye had the exterior loop at almost 4.0 even. I’m thinking we did four loops around the park and 8 miles up and down Hoover. Much to my amazement there was a really nice housing development off that stretch of Hoover road.

Comment

• 15 miles tonight. A bit humid but the temps weren't bad at all. No noticeable wind. I don't think it's my imagination, but it seems to (already) be getting darker sooner than it did a week or (definitely) a month ago. Sucks.

Looking back at the Sedgwick County park distance, to be fair, I rode a bit around the parking lot waiting for the wife to get her rear end in motion. That could be why my distance was off from you MadDog. Still seeig lots of casual cyclists and walkers out on my rides, which is good for everyone's health.

Comment

• Just pulled out to Webb Road/Central area when I noticed this in the sky over the northern part of Wichita....something like this anyway...

And then I'm like Commander Data.....

Then I'm like Monique in Better Off Dead...."you go that way VERY FAST, if something gets in your way, TURN!

So my brain asks my legs....

and my legs responded back...

so I said.....

and then I'm like...

and just barely made it home.....

before the..

Glad to hear MVJ and family are on the road to recovery.

Comment

• Rode 17 on Tuesday, rained most of the day here yesterday. Perhaps I should take up swimming? Seriously, it has rained every day since I got here. When the sun comes out, it's going to be really oppresive. Tuesday was bad enough - it was only about 85, but that was both the temp and the humdity.

Comment

• 27 miles today. Beautiful day to ride. Not much to report other than to give heads up to anyone riding the Redbud trail east of Andover road... there is construction on the turnpike bridge which, at least today, had the bike path closed. Didn’t find that out until we got to the bridge when construction workers chased us away. Apparently some days it’s open, and some it’s not depending on what they are doing on the bridge that day.

Comment

Working...
                                X