Bicycle riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
    Sounds like a great plan Shaka. I hope you’re able to pull it off.

No rain this morning. A beautiful day to ride. Temps in the 70’s to low 80’s when we finished. 34 miles for us this morning. Planning for 20 tomorrow morning. Got to shut it down early tomorrow and save something for golf league in the afternoon.
    Well I got to go to work this morning. Woo hoo! I haven't had to go in on a Saturday / Sunday for MONTHS, probably dating back to last year, but I'm so friggin busy I had the joy of ruining my long ride plans for 2 days at work instead. And who doesn't love to go to work??? Especially on a Saturday/Sunday?!!!!?? What the hell? This is NOT FAIR!!! BICYCLIST LIVES MATTER!!!! We got in a whopping 12 mile ride Saturday. Yeah, I know, whooooooooohoooooooo. I feel like Beavis in the cartoon...

Comment

• Oh, and the update...

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Well I got to go to work this morning. Woo hoo! I haven't had to go in on a Saturday / Sunday for MONTHS, probably dating back to last year, but I'm so friggin busy I had the joy of ruining my long ride plans for 2 days at work instead. And who doesn't love to go to work??? Especially on a Saturday/Sunday?!!!!?? What the hell? This is NOT FAIR!!! BICYCLIST LIVES MATTER!!!! We got in a whopping 12 mile ride Saturday. Yeah, I know, whooooooooohoooooooo. I feel like Beavis in the cartoon...

I had to get up early to go to work (heading upstairs right now) because I had an emergency come up late yesterday evening that prevented my evening work, I think most of us who are working are very busy right now. So far it hasn't interfered with my cycling, but it could if it keeps up.....

Comment

Sounds like a great plan Shaka. I hope you’re able to pull it off.

No rain this morning. A beautiful day to ride. Temps in the 70’s to low 80’s when we finished. 34 miles for us this morning. Planning for 20 tomorrow morning. Got to shut it down early tomorrow and save something for golf league in the afternoon.
          Golf league sounds fun. I golfed a little when I was young, it would be fun to take it back up. Nice to have a structure and hobbies to keep you going. Hope you enjoyed your golf league.

Comment

• Just a tick shy of 30 this morning. I like round numbers, so I'll finish it off this evening. Wind was brutal. Also, I didnt have my auto pause turned on so my time is off.
            Screenshot_20200713-134204_MapMyRide.jpg
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Oh, I was planning on going further but the doofus I was riding with kept putting the coals to it while we were going into the wind. He's not as strong of a rider as me and I kept trying to get him to find an easier gear at a faster cadence. He wouldn't listen and the last 12 miles, with the wind mind you, he was gassed.... Slowed the ride down terribly.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• For those keeping score at home, here is what the wind is like today. Screenshot_20200713-142836_Samsung Internet.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                  For those keeping score at home, here is what the wind is like today. Screenshot_20200713-142836_Samsung Internet.jpg
                  And where is the WIND topic forum? I've been looking for almost 20 minutes and can't find it? :-)

Just not sure where to post this...

Comment

• We hit 107 today. Glad I took the day off.

Comment

• Well I got to pull off the cycling/ golf double header today. 20 miles on the bike in the AM, golf league this evening. 1 hr, 29 minutes of ride time which was pretty good for us on the K96 path with the slow downs/stops every mile to cross the busy streets. We shot 3 under for 9 holes in our scramble tournament without two of our best players. So basically it was a good day. Taking a day off from riding tomorrow to play Auburn Hills.

As for you working guys, I feel your pain. I had a 37 year IT career that required countless nights and weekends. And the later I went in my career, the worse it got. All I can tell you is it will be worth it when you cross that finish line. I have many recent retiree friends, and no one regrets their decision to retire.

Comment

Well I got to pull off the cycling/ golf double header today. 20 miles on the bike in the AM, golf league this evening. 1 hr, 29 minutes of ride time which was pretty good for us on the K96 path with the slow downs/stops every mile to cross the busy streets. We shot 3 under for 9 holes in our scramble tournament without two of our best players. So basically it was a good day. Taking a day off from riding tomorrow to play Auburn Hills.

As for you working guys, I feel your pain. I had a 37 year IT career that required countless nights and weekends. And the later I went in my career, the worse it got. All I can tell you is it will be worth it when you cross that finish line. I have many recent retiree friends, and no one regrets their decision to retire.
                        Yup, I'm that guy, worked until 9 p.m. last night. And I tend to agree, except I'm thinking I need to wait until this crap is over with and reassess.

Don't want to be online after about 6:30 tonight. I need to get a ride in, but it's going to be hot (again) here today - 106.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Yup, I'm that guy, worked until 9 p.m. last night. And I tend to agree, except I'm thinking I need to wait until this crap is over with and reassess.

Don't want to be online after about 6:30 tonight. I need to get a ride in, but it's going to be hot (again) here today - 106.
                          No ride last night for me, either. After dinner, wife had to go back to work, and rather than ride off on my bike....

I decided to go with her to work.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                            Oh, and the update...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Guess who FINALLY got to go bike riding. Felt like its been a week. It was awesome. 26 miles. Wednesday can't get here soon enough.

Comment

• I did about 22 last night. Really hot, left at 7, temp was 102, got back at 8:30 and was still close to 99 (it was 99 at 8). Pace suffered because it's hard to keep that up in this heat.

We are supposed to be 99 on Thursday, hopefully the humidity stays low. Will try for another 20 miles.

This is the time of year when you have to tie a knot at the end of the rope and hang on. We are about 8 weeks out from cooler weather down here. I hope it isn't this warm wherever y'all are.

Comment

Working...
                                X