No announcement yet.

Bicycle riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a gun range at the edge of the picture, they must be closed.......shallow water, duckweed, swampy. A good place for a gator to hang out.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Only 12 today. Did not cross 2000 as I hoped but I had a lot of non-bicycle stuff to take care of this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
        There's a gun range at the edge of the picture, they must be closed.......shallow water, duckweed, swampy. A good place for a gator to hang out.
        And you ride your bicycle through that stuff? Cool pic though.

Comment

• 20 mile Wabash Trace trail ride tonight. $.50 wing night! Only 20-30 people at the restaurant. Went with my wife and one son. Great ride.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Weather perfect. Sunny. Hot (95-98F). NO WIND. 29 miles tonight....25 fast miles out to Andover sports park (redbud trail) and 4 miles of recovery because I was low on water and didn't want to back track to the fire station to refill. Best weather I can recall for bicycling in a LONG time. Prefer HOT weather and NO WIND. No wife in tow so I was riding with my imaginary friend.

Puck at the gym on leg day (Letterkenny reference)

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
              Weather perfect. Sunny. Hot (95-98F). NO WIND. 29 miles tonight....25 fast miles out to Andover sports park (redbud trail) and 4 miles of recovery because I was low on water and didn't want to back track to the fire station to refill. Best weather I can recall for bicycling in a LONG time. Prefer HOT weather and NO WIND. No wife in tow so I was riding with my imaginary friend.

Puck at the gym on leg day (Letterkenny reference)

I love leg day like I love Puck Bunnies.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I love leg day like I love Puck Bunnies.

Ferda! I be loving me some biscuit like I love my wife. Boomtown!

Comment

Ferda! I be loving me some biscuit like I love my wife. Boomtown!
                  Salena's "washing machine dance"...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I rode yesterday around 2:00 pm. As noted by JVS it was 95 and no wind. I think we differ on how “perfect” that condition is. Cut my ride off at 16 miles because I had already blown thru my 24 oz Poweraide and wasn’t feeling it. That, and I’d just come from the LBS and found out my gravel bike delivery has been delayed yet another month. Bummer!

I did get my standard 20 mile ride in early this morning. And my biking buddies are back so we’ve got our long Sedgwick County Park to Derby ride planned for Friday. Things looking up.

Comment

• Doing the "alternate" taco ride tomorrow. Keystone Trail to Bellevue Berry Farm. Picnic tables set for social distancing, $2 tacos, $3 margaritas and get this, a friggin polka band! Two buddies and the wives will be doing the 12 miles each way. Not as picaresque as the Wabash, but we won't have to haul bikes over to Iowa, the trails are concrete and the food/ drinks are way, way cheaper! Poor grammar intended. Weather is supposed to be perfect, mid 70's and no wind!
                      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Upon what planet are the temps supposed to be in the mid 70s tomorrow? Is this AM or mid-late afternoon temperature? It does sound nice.

26 miles tonight. Lots of activity and new construction on WSU Campus and around campus. Hot (again) and a fair amount of wind tonight. No wife in tow so I rode my pace. Kinda medium tonight. After WSU I rode to the K96 Redbud path (Nature Center) down Oliver. Saw a huge deer along the path near K96 (Nature Center) grazing about 40 feet off the path.

Comment

Upon what planet are the temps supposed to be in the mid 70s tomorrow? Is this AM or mid-late afternoon temperature? It does sound nice.

26 miles tonight. Lots of activity and new construction on WSU Campus and around campus. Hot (again) and a fair amount of wind tonight. No wife in tow so I rode my pace. Kinda medium tonight. After WSU I rode to the K96 Redbud path (Nature Center) down Oliver. Saw a huge deer along the path near K96 (Nature Center) grazing about 40 feet off the path.

Front moving through right now. Rain this morning, then cooler the rest of the day. Heat index was above 100 yesterday at 4. Screenshot_20200709-040753_WeatherBug.jpg

Comment

• Congrats on the cold front, Mo Valley John!

Meanwhile, here in Texas, it will probably stay hot until September (unless we get something from the gulf to break the heat wave we are having here). We are supposed to be over 100 for the forseeable future, hitting 105 on Sunday and Monday. I think they said it would break a little late next week.

I went out for 22 miles last night at 7 p.m. 97 degrees and 36% humidity. According to the calculator, that was 100 degrees with the index.

At least when we start getting up in the hundreds the humidity will go away, but even with no heat index, it will probably be a bit warmer next week.

Comment

• I am posting for MVJ who incorrectly posted this in another thread. Not going into details as to the whys, just trying to avoid a certain poster.

MoValley John said he rode 25 miles and went to the gym. There it is done. I took a rest day because the previous 3 days were intensive efforts, and because I had to work late. SWAMPED at work. Everybody gets a rest day once in a while.

Comment

I am posting for MVJ who incorrectly posted this in another thread. Not going into details as to the whys, just trying to avoid a certain poster.

MoValley John said he rode 25 miles and went to the gym. There it is done. I took a rest day because the previous 3 days were intensive efforts, and because I had to work late. SWAMPED at work. Everybody gets a rest day once in a while.

This pretty much covers it...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X