Favorite TV shows anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

Oh yeah, simcoe was who he was. Great characters in that series. Robert Rogers was my personal favorite though.
    Still remember the amazement I got from that series, especially the Battle of Monmouth scene (look it up if you don't recall) when each side would fire their guns and then there was the reloading process and you kind of waited for the other side to get their shot off and hope you weren't hit. Crazy stuff. And Queen's Ranger Simcoe at the end was light years ahead of his time.

Turn Battle of Monmouth on Youtube
    David Gray, Marco Beltrami & Brandon Roberts, "Set It Right" - featured song during the Battle on MonmouthAMC Turn season 2

And the first time they left a letter for George Washington and the whole time I was thinking "crap they cast someone as Washington!" And then you see them leave the letter for Washington and it just looks completely lost in a pile of letters for Washington as if he would never see it. I know some of it was dramatized, but it really was sort of a historical lesson in many ways. Good stuff.

Comment

in no particular order...

two and a half men
      ozark
      pawn stars

Comment

Has anyone given Kim's Convenience a chance (Canadian comedy, available on NetFlix)?

My guess is if you aren't laughing in the first 5 minutes, go ahead and turn it off, you won't appreciate the brand of humor. I was recently turned on to this show, and I haven't regretted one second.

Comment

I will look. Liked the Red Green show in the past

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Has anyone given Kim's Convenience a chance (Canadian comedy, available on NetFlix)?

My guess is if you aren't laughing in the first 5 minutes, go ahead and turn it off, you won't appreciate the brand of humor. I was recently turned on to this show, and I haven't regretted one second.
            Is it family friendly? (really, is it kid safe?)
            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Is it family friendly? (really, is it kid safe?)
              It's certainly not over the top, but man I don't know in today's world what is family friendly anymore (you can say *** **** but you can't say **** for instance).

I would say, at times, it's MILDLY suggestive. Less frequent than Seinfeld but maybe a little less subtle. Is "The Office" family friendly? If so, then so is Kim's Convenience.

While it is laugh out loud funny (to me at least) what I really like is the family interaction and how they learn (stubbornly so at times) from each other.

This is from the pilot. If you don't think it's funny, then stop.

Last edited by WuDrWu; February 15, 2021, 11:33 AM.

Comment

I'm seriously considering that my daughter refer to me as Appa from now on.

Comment

Mr. Kim has a lot of fun using his new bullhorn—and Janet isn't a fan. Watch Season 3, Episode 10 of Kim's Convenience online now in Canada: https://gem.cbc....

Comment

That was also a great line in The Breakfast Club...
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Anybody else watchin Longmire? Fun Netflix series!

Comment

I watched a half dozen episodes. Agreed that it is fun, but a bizarre murder solved by one guy every week in a county of 47 people seems odd.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          I watched a half dozen episodes. Agreed that it is fun, but a bizarre murder solved by one guy every week in a county of 47 people seems odd.
                          C’mon man!
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I thought that the inside Television/Media people used to say they were going after realism to entertain the people. Thus, the increase violence, nudity, sex, blood, etc. etc. etc. You mean that wasn't true?

Comment

Right, completely far-fetched, but the overarching story is pretty fun to follow.

Comment

Longmire is what I watch when my wife isn’t around. It seems she has 742 shows she wants to watch, so I’m not allowed to watch any of those if she’s not around. Longmire is by far the best show I’ve found that is not on that list.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X