Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Now we're on the same page. :)

Translation: Your first post had optimism and that isn’t allowed or worth commenting about. Now that you didn’t completely rule out doom and gloom, I agree. :)
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      If you polled the internet, I wonder how many people would say Cold is a loon? I’m talking the last 20 years of message boards he’s been in and around. 70%? 80%?
      An undefeated, goddam living legend with only one mortal weakness... forum admins.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Translation: Your first post had optimism and that isn’t allowed or worth commenting about. Now that you didn’t completely rule out doom and gloom, I agree. :)
        Doom and gloom is reality during a pandemic. That's why it must be taken seriously.

I agreed with him because he was making a medically sound statement.

Comment

• Eventually we might all have to deal with COVID-19—but a shorter, gentler version, thanks to vaccines.

‘Post-Vax COVID’ Is a New Disease

Eventually we might all have to deal with COVID-19—but a shorter, gentler version, thanks to vaccines.
          Boghuma Kabisen Titanji was just 8 years old when the hyper-contagious virus swept through her classroom. Days later, she started to feel feverish, and developed a sparse, rosy rash. Three years after being fully dosed with the measles vaccine, one of the most durably effective immunizations in our roster, Titanji fell ill with the very pathogen her shots were designed to prevent.

Her parents rushed her to a pediatrician, worried that her first inoculations had failed to take. But the doctor allayed their fears: “It happens. She’ll be fine.” And she was. Her fever and rash cleared up in just a couple of days; she never sickened anyone else in her family. It was, says Titanji, now an infectious-disease physician and a researcher at Emory University, a textbook case of “modified” measles, a rare post-vaccination illness so mild and unthreatening that it doesn’t even deserve the full measles name.

The measles virus is ultra-infectious, much more so than SARS-CoV-2, and kills many of the uninoculated children it afflicts. But for those who have gotten all their shots, it’s a less formidable foe, which we’ve learned to live with long-term. That’s the direction that many experts hope we’re headed in with SARS-CoV-2 as it becomes endemic, as my colleague Sarah Zhang has written.

We’re not yet at the point where we can officially label post-vaccination COVID-19 cases as “modified”; maybe we never will be. Some immunized people are still getting dangerously sick. But the shots are softening COVID-19’s sharp edges: On average, breakthrough infections seem to be briefer, milder, and less contagious. Among the fully immunized, catching the coronavirus doesn’t mean the same thing it did last year. “It’s a very different kind of infection than in people who are immunologically naive,” Lindsey Baden, an infectious-disease physician and COVID-19 vaccine researcher at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, told me.
          CB approved article! Enjoy at your leisure.

Comment

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/...-covid/620140/

CB approved article! Enjoy at your leisure.
            Nope...

Comment

• San Fran covid nazi Mayor

“Like, we don’t need the fun police to come in and try and micromanage and tell us what we should or shouldn’t be doing.”
              If that is good enough for her, then that is good enough for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                San Fran covid nazi Mayor

If that is good enough for her, then that is good enough for me.
                Except that by "we" she means the Liberal elite sophisticated vaccinated who are better than you and me...

Comment

• Dr. Fauci predicted that the college football games with many maskless fans outside would result in super spreader events, and that has not occurred. I just wish he would admit that he really doesn't know why the virus spreads. It does it's own thing. I would rather take Kung Wu's advice on these subjects than Dr. Fauci.

https://our.news/2021/09/07/fauci-on...ink-its-smart/

Comment

• Branch Covidians lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                      Dr. Fauci predicted that the college football games with many maskless fans outside would result in super spreader events, and that has not occurred. I just wish he would admit that he really doesn't know why the virus spreads. It does it's own thing. I would rather take Kung Wu's advice on these subjects than Dr. Fauci.

https://our.news/2021/09/07/fauci-on...ink-its-smart/
                      Spoken like a true moron. No offense.

It's comments like yours that made me rethink my political affiliation. I understand most of your words are not your own and you've been brainwashed with propaganda, but the dearth of intellectuality in the Republican party has had me holding my nose for a long time. Covid has been like a huge magnifying glass revealing just how vulnerable the average Republican really is to superstition. There's a simplicity in problem solving that reminds me a lot of primitive tribes.

My tone should not be construed as mocking, I'm actually quite sad and frustrated at what has been revealed to me. Never in a million years would I believe an entire party would go off the rails w/ respect to healthcare science. "The doctor" has always been largely off-limits. But the influence of one very simple, liberal, dishonest man, has changed everything. I won't go along with it, and it seems others like me won't either based on my interactions with them. The Independent party has just grown by leaps and bounds.

I was on the Trump Train in the beginning. I sat at the table and gorged myself as we "owned the libs". But I could never walk off the cliff of reality with Mr. Trump. Those that called him a demagogue were absolutely spot on. And the impact is still being felt today.

dem·a·gog·uer·y
                      /ˈdeməˌɡäɡ(ə)rē/

noun
                      1. political activity or practices that seek support by appealing to the desires and prejudices of ordinary people rather than by using rational argument.
                        "the demagoguery of political opportunists"

Comment

• I Googled Covid stadium and it appears that Alabama is shooting for a packed game in a state w/ a 40% vaccination rate and our country having just hit a 2k average daily death rate. This would be the equivalent of realizing your boat is sinking and then turning the bow towards the open sea and sailing further away from land. But freedom right?

In Tuscaloosa, the stadium is back at full capacity. But some nurses are urging friends and family to do the unthinkable: stay away.

Akeba, who’s also vaccinated, tells of friends who checked in to her hospital but never checked out. She says she has witnessed entire families erased by a pandemic that has ended the lives of nearly 675,000 Americans. And as the virus tears through the South and lawmakers nonetheless push back on safety measures and debate freedom over health, Akeba says she is surrounded by people who, even now, don’t take the virus seriously. She says it’s common for patients to insist, even as they are in a hospital bed, that covid-19 is a hoax. She says they then beg, as their conditions worsen, for a vaccine or mercy or a miracle.

“A lot of regret,” she says, “and if we could just go back and change the hands of time ...”
                        P.S. Dr. Fauci, a man revered and adored by all on earth outside of the Trump Republicans, knows exactly how and why the virus spreads. Had he been given full control over the pandemic from day one (and all the governors listened to him), it would have been a 3 month affair in our country. Would it have been erased? No. But it would have been under control and we'd have kept deaths under 100k and life would seem normal in comparison to what we've endured.

Comment

I Googled Covid stadium and it appears that Alabama is shooting for a packed game in a state w/ a 40% vaccination rate and our country having just hit a 2k average daily death rate. This would be the equivalent of realizing your boat is sinking and then turning the bow towards the open sea and sailing further away from land. But freedom right?

In Tuscaloosa, the stadium is back at full capacity. But some nurses are urging friends and family to do the unthinkable: stay away.

P.S. Dr. Fauci, a man revered and adored by all on earth outside of the Trump Republicans, knows exactly how and why the virus spreads. Had he been given full control over the pandemic from day one (and all the governors listened to him), it would have been a 3 month affair in our country. Would it have been erased? No. But it would have been under control and we'd have kept deaths under 100k and life would seem normal in comparison to what we've endured.
                          I’m predicting Covid by a touchdown!
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Love this:

College football fans have taken to chanting, "F--- Joe Biden!" in the stands during games, and Saturday marked the second straight weekend of presidential taunts.

Old Rowe Sports identified at least four instances of the chant "F--- Joe Biden!" at college football games during the weekend of Sept. 4, 2021. The chants broke out at Coastal Carolina University, Virginia Tech, Auburn University, and Texas A&M.

WARNING: The following tweets contain strong language

The chant broke out again amid the student section at the Auburn/Alabama State game on Sept.11.

Another video showed students in the stands shouting "F--- Joe Biden!" at the Mississippi State/NC State game on Saturday.

The Athletic's Aaron Suttles reported that the student section at Alabama also chanted, "F--- Joe Biden!"

Comment

• I actually find it kind of hard to contain my smile when hearing that. I love the idea of people cheering and jeering the establishment. This pandemic has been very hard on sports fans and the young. I'm sure they are having a great time. I just hope not too many get sick (or die).

This is why I've been for HARD mitigative measures all along. Take your medicine and get it over with early and quickly. We should be enjoying football w/ nary a care in the fall of 2021.

Comment

I Googled Covid stadium
                                I think that Covid Stadium at Fauci/Biden Field would be a perfect name for the stadium in Washington DC, and maybe it would be appropriate in other Democrat strongholds like New Jersey, Oregon, Washington State, USC, UCLA, Minnesota, etc. The problem is that some of those stadiums were full last weekend too. Even his voting base doesn’t take him seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X