Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
    I have a social group of 50 - 80 people I am exposed to. All are fully vaccinated.

We're seeing a significant increase in the number of breakthrough infections. The ability of the vaccines to prevent infection is wearing down. All the infections I'm seeing are either asymptomatic or have only mild symptoms.

One example is a person who traveled in a car from Minnesota to Kansas with someone who tested positive. That did not result in an infection of the uninfected occupant of the car.

Another situation I'm following is a friend of mine. He has an incredibly compromised immune system due to chemo treatments for terminal cancer. He has tested positive and is reporting only mild sym[toms.

What I'm seeing in the real world, rather than media reports, is that the vaccines are losing effectiveness at preventing infection, but are still effective against serious complications from infections.
    Great info! Let’s start working up the journal article.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

If he literally "splashed" a bit on himself then I don't think the ivermctin had any impact on him getting better.
      uh.........that's HOW IT IS APPLIED......liquid Ivermectin is absorbed through the skin

Comment

Check out the 1905 Supreme Court ruling over Massachusetts mandating smallpox vaccinations. In a 7-2 ruling, the court ruled that public health took priority over individual liberties and allowed the Massachusetts mandate to stand.

Mandating vaccinations is established law. To disallow mandatory vaccinations would require a Supreme Court ruling to overturn established precedent and law.

Mandates are political hot buttons, but they are legal.
        not the same at all

Comment

• So, it seems to me, that the vaccine works tremendously well in fighting the infection health-wise. It doesn't really do that much for stopping the spread (which in my mind would be the ONLY reason to force people to take it). So, to me this is on par with a flu shot. If it wanes within a matter of months, and doesn't really stop the spread, it should remain up to the individual, whether or not to get it. If you don't want to die from Covid, get the shot. If you don't want to get it, don't get it. Why is this so hard? Why does there need to be a mandate?

And just stop with the ER bullshit. ERs have been a **** show loooooong before Covid was being paid for by Fauci. (I kid, I kid)
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Nice talking point. You want to point out the facts of the case that are relevant?
            Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U.S. 11 (1905), was a United States Supreme Court case in which the Court upheld the authority of states to enforce compulsory vaccination laws. The Court's decision articulated the view that individual liberty is not absolute and is subject to the police power of the state.
            Justice John Marshall Harlan delivered the decision for a 7–2 majority that the Massachusetts law did not violate the Fourteenth Amendment.[2] The Court held that "in every well ordered society charged with the duty of conserving the safety of its members the rights of the individual in respect of his liberty may at times, under the pressure of great dangers, be subjected to such restraint, to be enforced by reasonable regulations, as the safety of the general public may demand" and that "[r]eal liberty for all could not exist under the operation of a principle which recognizes the right of each individual person to use his own [liberty], whether in respect of his person or his property, regardless of the injury that may be done to others."
            the Court held that mandatory vaccinations are neither arbitrary nor oppressive so long as they do not "go so far beyond what was reasonably required for the safety of the public"
            The Supreme Court reaffirmed its decision in Jacobson in Zucht v. King (1922), which held that a school system could refuse admission to a student who failed to receive a required vaccination

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
              So, it seems to me, that the vaccine works tremendously well in fighting the infection health-wise. It doesn't really do that much for stopping the spread (which in my mind would be the ONLY reason to force people to take it). So, to me this is on par with a flu shot. If it wanes within a matter of months, and doesn't really stop the spread, it should remain up to the individual, whether or not to get it. If you don't want to die from Covid, get the shot. If you don't want to get it, don't get it. Why is this so hard? Why does there need to be a mandate?

And just stop with the ER bullshit. ERs have been a **** show loooooong before Covid was being paid for by Fauci. (I kid, I kid)
              That's not quite what I'm seeing. For 6-8 months, the vaccine was outstanding at stopping the virus. I'm getting more reports of people quarantining because they've been in contact with someone who tested positive. Exposure to positives is increasing, and the anecdotal reports are that some of those positives were "self-reported" vaccinated people who had no symptoms.

Of the group I'm involved with who get together regularly indoors, 2 vaccinated people out of about 80 have tested positive. More have been exposed but tested negative.

One of the positives picked it up in Texas. The other has a compromised immune system. Now there are about 30 or 40 vaccinated people who have been exposed. I should have more info within a week, as testing is required before being allowed in any of the facilities where these people meet.

Comment

Oh, I didn’t know you had read Wikipedia.

So the states (and individual school districts) have the right tp enforce compulsory vaccination. That would certainly apply to an executive order from the federal government then.

When are going to receive your honorary degree from Harvard law?
                Livin the dream

Comment

That's not quite what I'm seeing. For 6-8 months, the vaccine was outstanding at stopping the virus. I'm getting more reports of people quarantining because they've been in contact with someone who tested positive. Exposure to positives is increasing, and the anecdotal reports are that some of those positives were "self-reported" vaccinated people who had no symptoms.

Of the group I'm involved with who get together regularly indoors, 2 vaccinated people out of about 80 have tested positive. More have been exposed but tested negative.

One of the positives picked it up in Texas. The other has a compromised immune system. Now there are about 30 or 40 vaccinated people who have been exposed. I should have more info within a week, as testing is required before being allowed in any of the facilities where these people meet.
                  Again, we need to get this published!
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• There are no “federally” mandated vaccines. State and School Board mandated, yes. The Supreme Court upheld the State’s right to mandate.

Comment

I have a social group of 50 - 80 people I am exposed to. All are fully vaccinated.

We're seeing a significant increase in the number of breakthrough infections. The ability of the vaccines to prevent infection is wearing down. All the infections I'm seeing are either asymptomatic or have only mild symptoms.

One example is a person who traveled in a car from Minnesota to Kansas with someone who tested positive. That did not result in an infection of the uninfected occupant of the car.

Another situation I'm following is a friend of mine. He has an incredibly compromised immune system due to chemo treatments for terminal cancer. He has tested positive and is reporting only mild symptoms.

What I'm seeing in the real world, rather than media reports, is that the vaccines are losing effectiveness at preventing infection, but are still effective against serious complications from infections.
                      50-80?!?!

What a stud!
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

50-80?!?!

What a stud!
                        That is like a daily exposure rate of an 80-year-old.

Comment

50-80?!?!

What a stud!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

That's not quite what I'm seeing. For 6-8 months, the vaccine was outstanding at stopping the virus.
                            You’re “seeing” what your political beliefs tell you to see.

It’s far more likely that the virus was “virusing “ and just was in a lull. That’s how viruses work. When we learned kids were basically in no danger from this thing, we should have had then running around doing everything possible to get the damned thing and we’d probably be done with it by now. Instead we listen to politicians and bleeding hearts scared of their shadow.

Last edited by WuDrWu; September 12, 2021, 08:14 PM.

Comment

50-80?!?!

What a stud!
                              He's in prison????

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                When we learned kids were basically in no danger from this thing, we should have had then running around doing everything posting get the damned thing and we’d probably be done with it by now.
                                Governors kept smashing the panic button based on CDC advice, and kept kids out of school when R0=2.5. Then ... right when R0=5 ... we tossed 'em all back into school without any antibodies. What did doctors and nurses think was going to happen in August and early September of this year when we did that?

Regardless, the numbers are improving for the US as a whole and we are teetering on Rt dropping below 1.0 for the first time since the delta flare up.

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Working...
                                X