Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

If your honestly trying to understand my stance, and therefore sincere, then let me speak for myself. Where did I say I don't care, or did you just intone that?

Did they 'intentionally' spread it to the rest of the world, which-is-basically-what-happened, when they shut down flights from the capital of Hubei to the rest of China but not America, I can't say, nor can you. But that doesn't mean it didn't happen, with all of the resulting consequences of their choice.

So, I'll ask you; do you believe the cessation of flights within China but not America was accidental, or merely coincidental, because they really didn't think it would spread, even though they were locking down the capital at the same time? Do you think their experts are that stupid? Do you want to expound upon that stance, if that's your stance on it's transmission?

As far as it being synthetic or not, I'm still wondering when they will find the cave that houses the disease-ridden chiropteran genus in question, since it appears that they couldn't locate it across the street. A little help from China after basically 2 years would be nice, but I ain't holding my breath.
    I may have misinterpreted your comment on another thread:

"Right. Very perceptive. Just the flights were put out on purpose. That is evidential.

Was the military behind the movement of flights? Who knows? Who cares?"

I took that to mean you didn't care which Chinese entity was behind it. If I got that wrong, I apologize.

I am being honest, and I am trying to understand your stance and what the hell is going on with this thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I may have misinterpreted your comment on another thread:

"Right. Very perceptive. Just the flights were put out on purpose. That is evidential.

Was the military behind the movement of flights? Who knows? Who cares?"

I took that to mean you didn't care which Chinese entity was behind it. If I got that wrong, I apologize.

I am being honest, and I am trying to understand your stance and what the hell is going on with this thing.

You did. No harm. I care what the consequences of their utter disregard for global safety resulted in, yes. They didn't bar flights to America, and I believe they are culpable for that alone, whomever made the decision, at-the-least (culpable)...

I'll submit a brief corollary; the motive of the 2 teens who were responsible for the death of an innocent uber driver in DC doesn't matter to me. It doesn't change the fact of what resulted from their reckless action.

When the Chinese authorities first identified the outbreak did they quickly take samples from the wet market and match them up to the samples they were working with in the lab? Common sense right?

Comment

You are really smart.

Since I'm not as smart as you, can you explain how oxygen deprivation does not compromise one's immune system.
        When you are deprived of oxygen, you quickly pass out, then you go into organ failure, then you die. You are no more or less likely to get infected during that time.

If you just have shortness of breathe due to physical exertion while masking, that is short lived and causes no damage. It has nothing to do with infection rate.

Now if you go into organ failure, but don’t die, then your immune system may be compromised and, yes you are prone to infection, but masking doesn’t cause that.

The only legit reason I could propose for masking individuals being infected with a cold at a higher rate than non-masking individuals (if that is the case) would be that masked individuals were in closer contact with the public than those that were not masking and not allowed to/chose not to enter high populous areas…maybe.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
          Masks do not cause oxygen deprivation.
          GTFOOH.

I'm not even gonna' waste my time attaching links detailing the harm that results from wearing masks, including decreased oxygen intake. Those authors have researched these cases and know a whole lot more than you I'm sure, and probably most who are on this board, except for wufan.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

When you are deprived of oxygen, you quickly pass out, then you go into organ failure, then you die. You are no more or less likely to get infected during that time.

If you just have shortness of breathe due to physical exertion while masking, that is short lived and causes no damage. It has nothing to do with infection rate.

Now if you go into organ failure, but don’t die, then your immune system may be compromised and, yes you are prone to infection, but masking doesn’t cause that.

The only legit reason I could propose for masking individuals being infected with a cold at a higher rate than non-masking individuals (if that is the case) would be that masked individuals were in closer contact with the public than those that were not masking and not allowed to/chose not to enter high populous areas…maybe.
            Aside from asphyxiation, which has nothing to do with masks or what I even added, oxygen isn't vital to a healthy functioning immune system? Ok, we'll leave it at that. There's no reason to persist any further with your line of thinking, except to share this journal link from BMJ, provided with footnotes. It states "face masks make breathing more difficult." There are many other case studies out there too which show the same result:

In their editorial Greenhalgh et al advise that surgical masks should be worn in public to prevent some transmission of covid-19,1 adding that we should sometimes act without definitive evidence, just in case. Two side effects of wearing face masks in public have already been highlighted:

I speak from experience when I say I agree with A. Lazzorino a whole lot more than you. You've never experienced shortness of breath when wearing a mask? An honest, short, answer would be appreciated.

Comment

If you are asymptomatic then you are shedding virus when exhaling. If you mask up, you would be shedding it into the air space within your mask, and thus inhaling viral particles that you previously shed at a _potentially much_ higher rate than if you were breathing fresh air. Isn't it possible we are creating a feedback loop that increases the viral load our body has to deal with, if we are masked while asymptomatic?
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• While I’m not denigrating those that still wear masks, my question is at what point do they quit wearing them? Never? When the virus is no longer in existence which might as well be never? When a certain percentage are vaccinated?

I am curious if any of you have educated guesses.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  While I’m not denigrating those that still wear masks, my question is at what point do they quit wearing them? Never? When the virus is no longer in existence which might as well be never? When a certain percentage are vaccinated?

I am curious if any of you have educated guesses.
                  If Cold is still lurking around, he’d jump on this bait.

And you know what’d he say.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

If Cold is still lurking around, he’d jump on this bait.

And you know what’d he say.
                    I can guess: Doesn't ask one of his hot dates out unless they can show their vaccination card. Then proceeds to tell them just how erotic it is to make out with masks on.

Comment

Aside from asphyxiation, which has nothing to do with masks or what I even added, oxygen isn't vital to a healthy functioning immune system? Ok, we'll leave it at that. There's no reason to persist any further with your line of thinking, except to share this journal link from BMJ, provided with footnotes. It states "face masks make breathing more difficult." There are many other case studies out there too which show the same result:

In their editorial Greenhalgh et al advise that surgical masks should be worn in public to prevent some transmission of covid-19,1 adding that we should sometimes act without definitive evidence, just in case. Two side effects of wearing face masks in public have already been highlighted:

I speak from experience when I say I agree with A. Lazzorino a whole lot more than you. You've never experienced shortness of breath when wearing a mask? An honest, short, answer would be appreciated.
                      Let me ask you a question. Are people that live at higher altitudes more likely to get an infection? I mean, it’s harder to breathe at 8000 foot than at sea level.

What about people that wear N95 masks? Respirators? Any correlations that would shed some light on this hypothesis?
                      Last edited by wufan; June 8, 2021, 06:08 PM.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

If you are asymptomatic then you are shedding virus when exhaling. If you mask up, you would be shedding it into the air space within your mask, and thus inhaling viral particles that you previously shed at a _potentially much_ higher rate than if you were breathing fresh air. Isn't it possible we are creating a feedback loop that increases the viral load our body has to deal with, if we are masked while asymptomatic?
                        From the article provided by shockingbuttrue:
                        • Face masks make breathing more difficult.4 Moreover, a fraction of carbon dioxide previously exhaled is inhaled at each respiratory cycle. Those phenomena increase breathing frequency and deepness, and they may worsen the burden of covid-19 if infected people wearing masks spread more contaminated air. This may also worsen the clinical condition of infected people if the enhanced breathing pushes the viral load down into their lungs
                        it neglects to inform us however about how the oxygen deprivation causes people to become infected.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

From the article provided by shockingbuttrue:
                          • Face masks make breathing more difficult.4 Moreover, a fraction of carbon dioxide previously exhaled is inhaled at each respiratory cycle. Those phenomena increase breathing frequency and deepness, and they may worsen the burden of covid-19 if infected people wearing masks spread more contaminated air. This may also worsen the clinical condition of infected people if the enhanced breathing pushes the viral load down into their lungs
                          it neglects to inform us however about how the oxygen deprivation causes people to become infected.
                          Here's more:

The Stanford study said, “Wearing facemask mechanically restricts breathing by increasing the resistance of air movement during both inhalation and exhalation pro-cess[12,13]. Prolonged an d continuous effect of wearing facemask could be detrimental for health.”

https://californiaglobe.com/section-...against-covid/

This same link details the detrimental physiological effects of wearing masks, if your'e interested. But really, that's just plain common sense.

I will reiterate my stance boldly and confidentially: Depleting oxygen supply, in any form, including masks, will obviously compromise one's natural immune system. In other words, this will increase one's vulnerability to...

Shame on you for trying to argue or debate that not being factual. No wonder you were low hanging fruit for cold, with that kind of dishonest mentality.

Comment

Here's more:

The Stanford study said, “Wearing facemask mechanically restricts breathing by increasing the resistance of air movement during both inhalation and exhalation pro-cess[12,13]. Prolonged an d continuous effect of wearing facemask could be detrimental for health.”

This same link details the detrimental physiological effects of wearing masks, if your'e interested. But really, that's just plain common sense.

I will reiterate my stance boldly and confidentially: Depleting oxygen supply, in any form, including masks, will obviously compromise one's natural immune system. In other words, this will increase one's vulnerability to...

Shame on you for trying to argue or debate that not being factual. No wonder you were low hanging fruit for cold, with that kind of dishonest mentality.
                            This Stanford study which has since been retracted?

Comment

Here's more:

Is the life expectancy of surgeons and dentists lower than the regular population?
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Here's more:

There’s no links to the study in your article. The article does not say in what way restricting breathing is harmful to ones health. Your boldness does not claim righteousness, but something else entirely. Please continue providing links that don’t prove your claim.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X