Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Congrats. It is nice to hear of some good things happening this year.
    Thanks a lot SB
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I have 2 kids under 2. I don’t drink. I think NYE is overrated.

Try again.
      2 kids under 2 years old...you have my permission to drink. Congrats on the new Shocker infy.

Comment

• Just admitted into the hospital with Covid. Oxygen is fine unless I move then drops to 80. No fever no headache an NO energy

Comment

• Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
          Just admitted into the hospital with Covid. Oxygen is fine unless I move then drops to 80. No fever no headache an NO energy
          Take care man and prayers for you. Hopefully it is a short lived hospital stay.

Comment

Just admitted into the hospital with Covid. Oxygen is fine unless I move then drops to 80. No fever no headache an NO energy
            Prayers for a very quick recovery! If there is anything you need that we can help with, don't hesitate to private message!
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Rest easy! Care has advanced greatly in the last several months. Stay strong and let us know when you’re out!

God bless!
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Really interested to hear how and what they are treating you with atlwsu Get rest and get better!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  Really interested to hear how and what they are treating you with atlwsu Get rest and get better!
                  So far 3rd day of steroids, vitamin C, zinc, anti blood clotting meds. Therapist just had me up walking. Xray and ct scan shows typical Covid symptoms. On Sunday morning walking my oxygen went from 97 resting to 80. With the therapist this morning and waking about 1/3 as far my oxygen went from 98 to 94/93. So I doubt they change the therapy unless it goes back down significantly.

I almost always enjoy your posts. Although sometimes too cryptic when alluding to some insider knowledge. There are a half dozen or so posters that mistake vitriol for content and poor language for intense conviction. Often more comedic than informative or convincing. I spent the last 25 years of my professional life evaluating business cases from $10k to $500m. And I know when some one threw a lot of data at me that their case was weak and they were simply trying to overwhelm. . Data supports information, information supports facts, facts support conclusion and conclusions support proposed solutions. It doesn't take a subject matter expert to be sceptical.

Anyway way more than you expected and thanks for asking. I am apparently not as sick now as I was Sunday morning or they would not have admitted me and I am only here at all because my wife and 3 adult children shamed me into coming.

Comment

• That's encouraging and I'm glad you're able to stay engaged while recovering. And where would we be without our spouses and children there to correct us? (I'd be dead)

Keep fighting and keep us informed!

I apologize for the cryptology in a few of my posts. I try to bring humor that very well may be misguided from to time, and I also hope that people can understand how dicey it can be to pass along various tidbits of information that may have been obtained by methods or contacts that may or may not want that information shared as much as you or I might want the information shared. I guess I've always taken the stance that giving hints of information that can't fully be shared at that moment in time is better than no information at all.

Comment

• New, more contagious COVID-19 strain confirmed in Colorado (denverpost.com)

Comment

• Probably been here for awhile, and explains why this most recent wave has produced about 3x more cases per day than the last wave.

Capture.JPG

Comment

• You allow a novel virus to infect 100M+ people and you're risking a mutation of substance. We may just have seen our 2nd of the pandemic. If the R0 goes up, we're ultimately going to have more deaths than pre-mutation, regardless of whether or not the disease itself remains at the same severity. Such a subtle and slick, insidious little bastard alien virus.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Probably been here for awhile, and explains why this most recent wave has produced about 3x more cases per day than the last wave.

Capture.JPG
                            The fall surge (in America) is due to seasonal behavior changes and holiday gatherings. This fact is not being debated. The mutation is new on our shores. Any effect it has will be added to an already out-of-control situation.
                            Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; December 29, 2020, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• I was told to expect 4-5000 deaths per day by Christmas. Amazing how many times the worst case scenarios don’t happen. And nothing about it from the experts who were tooting their horns about it weeks ago. That’s Fear Mongering 101.

Has India fallen off the map yet?
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• H
                                Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                                If the R0 goes up, we're ultimately going to have more deaths than pre-mutation,
                                You can quit hyper-ventilating. Things are getting better. Trust the science.

Here is the R numbers a month ago for the U.S.

covid-r-1month.JPG

Here is the latest numbers. All trending good.

covid-r-latest.JPG

And here is the Kansas numbers. Under 1.0

covid-r-ks.JPG

Comment

Working...
                                X