No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad to hear you are doing well Pin. Hope Mrs P continues down that path as well. Take care of yourself and her.
    Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      Day 10 after first symptoms.......out of jail! Had fever for couple days, lost taste and smell on day 5 I think, and it's still gone. Don't have much energy, and tire easily. Mrs p, on the other hand, still seems like Superwoman. Still coughing a bit, but never did get sick (yet). Thanks for everyone's well wishes.

Comment

• Well folks, I do believe that insidious, alien rascal has finally bitten ol' CB straight in the arse... literally.

On Friday I proceeded to have around 70% of my smelling faculties taken from me. No sinus congestion, just a feeling like my nose was chemically burned. That night I slept for a couple hours and then woke up covered in sweat. Oh boy I thought to myself. Then I passed out and woke up at 4am and was wide awake for the rest of the day. Something felt weird - like an alien egg had been deposited inside my body. :P

Nothing major on Saturday other than the persistent feeling of a burned out sniffer. I continued to test it during the day and I was still able to pick up stronger scents like cologne. I wasn't particularly tired even with only 3 hrs. sleep. I was slightly wired in fact like having drank caffeine (which I don't).

Then Saturday night as I was lying down, many hours after my final meal of the day, I started to get some fairly robust gastrointestinal symptoms; cramping, gas, rumbling, and nausea. Eventually I feel asleep without too much drama and woke up several times quite sweaty. I started to get a bit of rigor but it wasn't intense like I've had with the flu. I only registered 98.7f during the day. I can't confirm I had a fever at night. But I would sweat. No body aches except for gastro pain.

Today I woke up slightly dizzy/foggy and my legs were shivering a bit while I contemplated what the alien had in store for me. Smell still the same - partially burnt out without congestion. As the day progressed I felt fairly normal energetically, noticed a bit more phlegm developing in the throat, and temp was 98.6f. No major body aches and gastro-issues seem to be gone.

I likely had an exposure on Wednesday at the chiropractor. I was face to face with this bloke at times, and even with the N95, I knew I pushed the envelope as it shifted about my face during his maneuvers. At the end while we were talking, I noticed he was sniffing a bit under his mask and his eyes were a little red. :/

So I dunno. I can't imagine I don't have it as what else would give me these exact symptoms? I know I got a very low dose if infected which has been shown to lower symptoms in some cases. It could also be my Trump-like genes.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

OK, I get outa jail tomorrow. (6th day of no smell or taste) Mrs p finally showing sign of being sick. I know bunches of peeps in various stages of Covid
          Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          Day 10 after first symptoms.......out of jail! Had fever for couple days, lost taste and smell on day 5 I think, and it's still gone. Don't have much energy, and tire easily. Mrs p, on the other hand, still seems like Superwoman. Still coughing a bit, but never did get sick (yet). Thanks for everyone's well wishes.
          I'll take the baton from ya brother. Hopefully I have a light journey.

Indeed, the virus is out there everywhere if it found me. Took a bit of a risk though with the chiro. Oh well. Crapped out.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Indeed, the virus is out there everywhere if it found me. Took a bit of a risk though with the chiro. Oh well. Crapped out.
            Hang in there brother; send that alien back to space.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

So I dunno. I can't imagine I don't have it as what else would give me these exact symptoms? I know I got a very low dose if infected which has been shown to lower symptoms in some cases. It could also be my Trump-like genes.
              I hope you are feeling better soon! Not saying you don’t have CV, but literally everything presents that way. GI issues are associated with CV less than with other infections, but loss of smell is much more common with CV than other illnesses.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I hope you are feeling better soon! Not saying you don’t have CV, but literally everything presents that way. GI issues are associated with CV less than with other infections, but loss of smell is much more common with CV than other illnesses.
                I haven’t felt great today, but I’m blaming yesterday’s 60 mph winds... they really stirred up my sinuses. Any sniffle, scratchy throat or minor headache gives me angst.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I'll get tested. Hopefully they penetrate me gently. :/

Comment

Beware of the giant alien Q-tip...

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Beware of the giant alien Q-tip...
                      I could feel homeboy doing his dance in my belly last night. :|

Comment

I could feel homeboy doing his dance in my belly last night. :|

Comment

Well folks, I do believe that insidious, alien rascal has finally bitten ol' CB straight in the arse... literally.

You got it. You'll get through it quickly.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

keep us posted. Good luck

Comment

Yeah, I have an associate in Colorado Springs who got it from a dental office. All elective doc stuff is off-limits for me until next year.

BUT I hope your journey is uneventful and you can update us like Pin did.

Comment

• Day 4 from symptom onset: No night sweating last night that I know of. I slept the best since this all began. Still can't smell normally. Appetite is good. Gastro symptoms remain abated since Sat. night but there are echoes. Head is still slightly dizzy at times so I know I'm still possessed with the dude in the top hat (shown above). I imagine the rattling and gurgling felt in my guttiwuts (Clockwork Orange) was the little bugger turning my insides upside down looking for the perfect place to set up shop. He remains thwarted thus far *knocks on wood*.

Drive-thru test is scheduled for tomorrow. I will be getting penetrated like a man... in prison... if my arse were my nose.

The results showed that nearly a quarter of COVID-19 patients had gastrointestinal symptoms, that ACE2 expression was higher in the digestive tract than the lung,
                                P.S. I can't believe I'm in this situation. I'm supposed to be the smart one that makes it out at the end of the movie. I got outsmarted by a microscopic package of nucleic acid and protein. :-[

Comment

Working...
                                X