Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Windiwu View Post

Oh my goodness... Another Briebart far right group trying to promote hydroxychloroquine. You guys don't even trust the CDC or FDA? These are doctors out in DC in the middle of a pandemic with not a mask or distance between them even? Do they think that they won't get infected because they pray every day?

It's not wonder there is total confusion even in the White House at this point with all this *noise* and not wanting to believe the people who have spent a liftime working in infectious diseases.
    Covidiots are gonna Covidiot...

They should look to another Covid denier in Herman Cain who's currently enjoying a life extension due to the latest and greatest therapies available. Three months ago they would have blown him up on a vent and he would be dead. Instead they are using high-oxygen therapy and hitting him with everything under the sun until his lungs improve. He has the luxury of receiving that kind of care even though he walked around without a mask and laughed at the science.

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/50...irus-diagnosis

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      This week Sedgwick County ICU bed consumption remains flat moving from 31 in use last week to 32 in use this week. That's a very good sign.

There have been 9 COVID deaths in Sedgwick County the past two weeks.

Hospitalizations ticked up slightly from 58 to 63 -- another good sign.
      My colleagues dad passed away of Covid in Sedgwick county today. He was a doctor. Mom got an asymptomatic infection. Dad got it bad. He was in his early 60s and had Type II diabetes. Went to the hospital two weeks ago and was treated with Remdisavir. Went on vent one week ago. Kidney failure on Friday.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I think it is YOU that stirred the pot with that excellent video sir! You got me all hot and bothered LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I think it is YOU that stirred the pot with that excellent video sir! You got me all hot and bothered LOL!
          I knew someone would bite...
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

This week Sedgwick County ICU bed consumption remains flat moving from 31 in use last week to 32 in use this week. That's a very good sign.

There have been 9 COVID deaths in Sedgwick County the past two weeks.

Hospitalizations ticked up slightly from 58 to 63 -- another good sign.
            Either Cold’s scare tactics have made it to the masses somehow or his doomsday predictions are once again looking to fail miserably (2 for 2).
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I think they purposely kept the 'fake news' away from the press conference. I have physicians in my immediate family (very very intelligent people ) and they 100% agree with them.
              Same here. I have three neighbors who are doctors and have all concurred on this issue, almost word for word. Logic wins. Fake news will always be vetted out in the end.

Comment

I knew someone would bite...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Either Cold’s scare tactics have made it to the masses somehow or his doomsday predictions are once again looking to fail miserably (2 for 2).
                  Wtf is wrong with you bro?

Comment

Take the time to watch this...
                    "Americans are riveted by fear at the moment..." Thank you doctor. So true.

Comment

• Am I the only one who pictures Cold curled up into a ball sucking his thumb while he cries himself to sleep every night while his mom is stroking his hair saying "It's ok. The big bad Covid isn't going to get you"?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Lindsey Adler

@lindseyadler

For those curious about Tuesday's game: The Phillies had saliva testing done this morning at the ballpark, and the samples are being taken to Rutgers University (90 min drive) with the hope they'll receive results, as
                        @Ken_Rosenthal said. Yanks in Philly for now. Everything TBD.
                        MLB using saliva tests

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

My colleagues dad passed away of Covid in Sedgwick county today. He was a doctor. Mom got an asymptomatic infection. Dad got it bad. He was in his early 60s and had Type II diabetes. Went to the hospital two weeks ago and was treated with Remdisavir. Went on vent one week ago. Kidney failure on Friday.
                          That's very unfortunate. What kind of an impact does that have on a community, a family, when a doctor is taken before his/her time?

I've seen some massive numbers (in the billions) on the productivity that is lost every year due to the flu season. What are we losing from Covid-19? And I'm speaking specifically to the deaths not the obvious horrific economic losses from shutdowns - many of which will be temporary when we put this insidious alien virus behind us one day.

Excuse me, I need to rant on something I've been holding inside the last couple days...

Why the **** do we need to keep these bars and restaurants packed full of kids spreading the disease every night? I mean... the "entertainment district" in Old Town is controlled by a handful of people. These "business people" are not getting a key to the city any time soon. They get violated over and over and eventually just shut down and reopen under a new name. They have no real employees to speak of besides a bunch of waitresses and bouncers. The DJ's are independent contractors I'm sure. So WTF is it so important for our economy that we keep these virus reproduction plants open while cases are spiking? So they don't get a little beer money for a few months. Meanwhile doctors like wufan mentioned die.

This is what I was saying the other day about "we need to just protect the at risk" and then we can go back to business as usual. That's illogical bullshit. The "at risk" aren't the ones driving this pandemic. They are the ones dying from it. And there are a LOT more "at risk" folks than people want to admit. It ain't just the nursing homes fyi.

I drive through downtown a lot - even at night. I drive by Old Chicago. It's ****ing packed nearly every night. The bar was chock full from end to end. Everybody shoulder to shoulder. Meanwhile the infections continue to climb, and out the other end of the Covid production line... the bodies continue to pile up weeks later.

So here's what I propose. If you are an inconsiderate ****ing kid, I will allow you to party your ass off. But you and your buddies are all going to sleep at Intrust Bank Arena on cots until you are infected and successfully pass the illness. No more living the high life on mommy and daddy's dime. No more carrying the infection home and sickening everybody. You can keep partying while the rest of us sacrifice, but you're going to do it while living in a community infection center like they had in China.

Little inconsiderate, ****ing crybaby, protesting, unemployed, infecting, rats.

Comment

• So this comes out right after my rant.

Do it! Do it Libtard!

Wow... do I have my finger on the pulse or what?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                              Am I the only one who pictures Cold curled up into a ball sucking his thumb while he cries himself to sleep every night while his mom is stroking his hair saying "It's ok. The big bad Covid isn't going to get you"?
                              My mom told me once she used to rock me to sleep many nights singing, "Jesus Loves Me". Thanks for sparking a lovely reminiscence. I literally had the perfect childhood. Pure Leave it to Beaver kinda stuff. I owe the folks a lot for the emotional and mental stability I enjoy today...

Comment

Kansas' effective reproduction number has dropped dramatically to 1.08. Excellent for the state!
                                I’ve had us at 1 for the last 4-5 days, but my model weights recency data a bit heavier than rt.live so it’s a bit more subject to delayed test result fluctuations. Barring atypical fluctuations, I expect rt.live to be around 1.04 by end of week and at or below 1.0 early next week. With the way their model works, the 1.0 intercept should end up right around the 19th or 20th.

Comment

Working...
                                X